Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Misty River RV Resort.. APRIL 13-15 (Walland TN)

+13
jb_simerly
ocb_dave_ocb
KralCamper
MistyRiverCampground
Crawford
coolbreeze1
Darcamper
Richard
Life is Good
abivens
merrykalia
YellowXterra
chuck
17 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Misty River RV Resort.. APRIL 13-15 (Walland TN) - Page 3 Empty Re: Misty River RV Resort.. APRIL 13-15 (Walland TN)

Post  chuck Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:48 pm

merrykalia wrote:I kinda figured that when they put in utilities, they were put in on the wrong side, therefore, they are now "pull-ins". That is the way it is at one of our local campgrounds.

interesting theory.. Very Happy
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Misty River RV Resort.. APRIL 13-15 (Walland TN) - Page 3 Empty Re: Misty River RV Resort.. APRIL 13-15 (Walland TN)

Post  chuck Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:37 pm

I called MISTY RIVER.. They said the sites in "E" row are indeed pull in. In order to have the hook-ups on the correct side,.. (like cool said) pull in.. then unhitch and pull your tow vehicle back around. She said the sites are mostly occupied by motor homes. But travel trailers are ok in the sites.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  abivens Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:18 am

Interesting, I didn't even notice that. Makes sense when you consider where the hookups are placed. Harrison Bay state park is like that. BTW Richard, the agriculture department at my high school just took several hogs to slaughter. I have secured us some ribs. These are free range, non steroid, good ol Tennessee pork. If anyone else wants me to get them a rack of ribs just let me know and I will have them for the camping trip. Coolbreeze, don't you worry, I already got a rack for you.
abivens
abivens
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:27 am

UPDATE: Heres the list as we have it at the moment.. If you are attending.. copy and paste.. and add your name.

Event planner: abivens

so far attending:
1. abivens
2. Richard
3. merrykalia
4. Coolbreeze (Tim)
5. Crawford
6. YellowXterra
7. Life is Good
8. Kralcamper/Darcamper
9. Chuck and Max
10. Fritz Family
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ocb_dave_ocb Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:40 pm

so far attending:
1. abivens
2. Richard
3. merrykalia
4. Coolbreeze (Tim)
5. Crawford
6. YellowXterra
7. Life is Good
8. Kralcamper/Darcamper
9. Chuck and Max
10. Fritz Family
11. ocb_dave_ocb -

Im still going regardless, lol

ocb_dave_ocb

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:45 pm

abivens wrote:Interesting, I didn't even notice that. Makes sense when you consider where the hookups are placed. Harrison Bay state park is like that. BTW Richard, the agriculture department at my high school just took several hogs to slaughter. I have secured us some ribs. These are free range, non steroid, good ol Tennessee pork. If anyone else wants me to get them a rack of ribs just let me know and I will have them for the camping trip. Coolbreeze, don't you worry, I already got a rack for you.
You are the man!
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  merrykalia Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:53 pm

Alan, grab me a rack. I'm also going to bring a rack of beef ribs - I don't really eat pork. The rest of my family LOVES pork ribs and will demolish a rack in no time.

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://community.webshots.com/user/merrykalia?vhost=community

Back to top Go down

Post  ocb_dave_ocb Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:54 pm

yummmy ribs are good. smothered in some bbq and dipped in ranch or blue cheese

ocb_dave_ocb

Back to top Go down

Post  KralCamper Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:04 pm

abivens wrote:Interesting, I didn't even notice that. Makes sense when you consider where the hookups are placed. Harrison Bay state park is like that. BTW Richard, the agriculture department at my high school just took several hogs to slaughter. I have secured us some ribs. These are free range, non steroid, good ol Tennessee pork. If anyone else wants me to get them a rack of ribs just let me know and I will have them for the camping trip. Coolbreeze, don't you worry, I already got a rack for you.

Allen,
What is the cost for the ribs? We would also be interested in a rack...
KralCamper
KralCamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:53 pm

You are the MAN Alan. I can't wait to get back to God's Country (East TN) and camp with y'all.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:07 am

UPDATE:

so far attending:
1. abivens
2. Richard
3. merrykalia
4. Coolbreeze (Tim)
5. Crawford
6. YellowXterra
7. Life is Good
8. Kralcamper/Darcamper
9. Chuck and Max
10. Fritz Family
11. ocb_dave_ocb -

Misty River CG posted this info on January 1, 2012:
Our regular rate is $42.00, but we will offer a special for the Volunteer Camping Club of $32.00. It's the same price as our vintage rally. There is no charge for the use of smoker or the conference center. All that you will need to do to get the rate is to ask for it and tell you want site with the Volunteer Camping Club.

Just give us a call at 865-981-4300 to book your site. If there is anything else we can do to make this happen, let me know :-)

Jimmy
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:14 am

Who has already reserved?

I don't think we were trying to get in any particular area.. so reserve the site you like best. and we'll visit when we want.

For the new folks to Volunteer Campers.. Our group events are kinda laid back. Do as much or as little as you want with the group. Don't feel obligated to get involved in a group meal or anything.. However.. you are always invited and welcome to take part! Most of all.. its a chance to visit and get to know and make friends!

that last two years.. our "Kick Off" event has been at SMOKY BEAR CG.. and Chong O'Leary has been fantastic. We are looking forward to trying a new location.. and hope you like it too!
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Crawford Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:31 pm

We picked D7 we need to be by the showers because of my wife's brother Very Happy
Crawford
Crawford

Back to top Go down

Post  MistyRiverCampground Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:57 pm

I’m sorry I missed the PM about E row, but I did see it on the board.

The reason E –row is set up like it is, one day we hope to expand the park and make E row pull thru sites. On our blueprints, e row is a pull thru site and to keep all of the inspectors happy, we had to put the power post where it was approved for.
So its all set when we do get to add a few more sites down the road. It also works great with motor homes.
MistyRiverCampground
MistyRiverCampground
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.MistyRiverRV.com

Back to top Go down

Post  abivens Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:09 pm

I wasn't able to get as many racks of ribs as I had hoped (they sold quickly). I was thinking that maybe ribs would take too long on the smoker anyway, considering that I won't get there until between 5 or 6 friday evening anyway. To cook ribs correctly you have to take a good bit of time. On the other hand I was thinking about maybe doing some burgers or steaks even. I just had a cow slaughtered and the beef is great. Coolbreeze, what do you think, burgers or steaks? I have a ton of ground beef if anyone wants me to bring some for them.
abivens
abivens
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:28 pm

abivens wrote:I wasn't able to get as many racks of ribs as I had hoped (they sold quickly). I was thinking that maybe ribs would take too long on the smoker anyway, considering that I won't get there until between 5 or 6 friday evening anyway. To cook ribs correctly you have to take a good bit of time. On the other hand I was thinking about maybe doing some burgers or steaks even. I just had a cow slaughtered and the beef is great. Coolbreeze, what do you think, burgers or steaks? I have a ton of ground beef if anyone wants me to bring some for them.
I always prefer a good rib eye, but burgers are good, too.
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:43 am

Hey Al, Put me and the kids down for what you think we will want. Let me know how much $$$ to send you to cover it. Ribs are an hours and hours long event if you do them "right".
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  merrykalia Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:40 am

The Hutchinson clan are all carnivores, so as long as it's meat, we like it!!!

If you want to bring a few steaks for us, let us know how much $$ we need to send you and we'll do that. I will plan to make a big salad for Friday night. If anybody wants a special dressing, bring your own. I will have the regulars - Ranch, 1000 Island, maybe some Catalina.

I will also bring some potatoes and we can wrap them and throw them on the fire, too.

Complete meal.

I am really getting excited about this trip, well, actually, I am excited for our cruise and this camping trip, I guess, will be our first one of the year and we are then booked pretty much all summer long.

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://community.webshots.com/user/merrykalia?vhost=community

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:53 pm

UPDATE:

so far attending:
1. abivens
2. Richard, with Jon, Lily, Caroline, Site E2, Reserved Fri - Sun
3. merrykalia
4. Coolbreeze (Tim)
5. Crawford
6. YellowXterra
7. Life is Good
8. Kralcamper/Darcamper
9. Chuck and Max
10. Fritz Family
11. ocb_dave_ocb -

Our regular rate is $42.00, but we will offer a special for the Volunteer Camping Club of $32.00. It's the same price as our vintage rally. There is no charge for the use of smoker or the conference center. All that you will need to do to get the rate is to ask for it and tell you want site with the Volunteer Camping Club.

Just give us a call at 865-981-4300 to book your site. If there is anything else we can do to make this happen, let me know :-)

Jimmy

Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  abivens Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:05 pm

I will bring steaks and burgers, we will have our choice. Don't forget, the Misty River staff has offered to host a pancake breakfast for us saturday morning. Looks like we are going to have quite a turn out, should be big fun.
abivens
abivens
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  abivens Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:15 pm

I will be taking a couple of sets of the bean bag corn hole toss games, we may have to have a little tournament.
abivens
abivens
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:18 pm

abivens wrote:I will be taking a couple of sets of the bean bag corn hole toss games, we may have to have a little tournament.

that will be fun.. I played in Ohio, a few years ago.. been thinking about getting one of those games.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcamper Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:30 pm

abivens wrote:I will bring steaks and burgers, we will have our choice. Don't forget, the Misty River staff has offered to host a pancake breakfast for us saturday morning. Looks like we are going to have quite a turn out, should be big fun.

That's great Al, when we get closer to the event, we can talk about side items for the burgers and side dishes. Also let us know what your cost will be and if you will need anything or someone to help with cooking along with setting up and cleaning up.
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:51 pm

Al.. put me down for a burger or two.. and I will be happy to bring some sides.. just let me know when you plan the menu.

I will ask my friend at work (Fritz Family).. if they wanna take part in the community feast.. and let you know.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:52 pm

UPDATE:

so far attending:
1. abivens
2. Richard
3. merrykalia
4. Coolbreeze (Tim)
5. Crawford
6. YellowXterra
7. Life is Good
8. Kralcamper/Darcamper
9. Chuck and Max
10. Fritz Family
11. ocb_dave_ocb -

Jimmy
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next