Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Misty River RV Resort.. APRIL 13-15 (Walland TN)

+13
jb_simerly
ocb_dave_ocb
KralCamper
MistyRiverCampground
Crawford
coolbreeze1
Darcamper
Richard
Life is Good
abivens
merrykalia
YellowXterra
chuck
17 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Misty River RV Resort.. APRIL 13-15 (Walland TN) - Page 2 Empty Re: Misty River RV Resort.. APRIL 13-15 (Walland TN)

Post  coolbreeze1 Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:24 pm

Ever since this has been posted, time seems to have slowed down to a crawl. Shocked
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Misty River RV Resort.. APRIL 13-15 (Walland TN) - Page 2 Empty Re: Misty River RV Resort.. APRIL 13-15 (Walland TN)

Post  merrykalia Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:02 pm

We plan to come in on Thursday, so Friday for the big meal would be great for us. I don't know what or if we will have plans on Saturday, but the girls will probably want to do something!

So, my vote is for Friday evening, maybe 7 ish so everybody can get there if they are arriving on Friday; then whoever is going to be there on Saturday can determine if they want to do burgers/dogs, etc. We will probably plan to do something in the dutch oven on Saturday evening and maybe even pie irons. That may also be when I do a few pizzas on the grill.

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://community.webshots.com/user/merrykalia?vhost=community

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:40 pm

I'm really hoping to have a regular Mon-Fri job by then, so I'll get there Friday evening. I co the dutch oven potatoes on Saturday, but there wouldn't be enough time on Friday evening. Al, pick up a big slab of ribs for the Clarks, and thro them on the smoker with yours, and I'll pay you when we get there to eat them!!! I'll bring the kind of things I can pick up at the store, since I'll be driving during cooking time on Friday.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  abivens Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:58 pm

No problem, I will cook as many ribs as I can bring, we will enjoy them as long as they last. So it sounds like you would rather have the get-together meal saturday? Well, we still have plenty of time to decide. BTW while we are there we have got to run into Gburg to the hot sauce shop, I love that place.
abivens
abivens
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:16 am

Group meal day doesn't matter to me. I'm all for a little of both nights. I've never been to the hot sauce shop. sounds yummy!
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Misty River RV Resort.. APRIL 13-15 (Walland TN) - Page 2 Empty hot sauce shop

Post  Life is Good Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:42 am

My daughter would like that place! She gets it from her dad Twisted Evil
Life is Good
Life is Good

Back to top Go down

Post  abivens Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:50 pm

Its not only hot sauces, they have some excellent dry rubs as well. You can sample anything you are interested in. I always stock up on rib rubs, chicken maranaides, as well as some good hot sauces.
abivens
abivens
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MistyRiverCampground Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:19 pm

Hi all,

As always anyone who just wants to come out and visit, we don’t charge, we have lots of room to park some extra cars. So come on by and join in the fun even if you can’t camp.

Also if you let me know what day you prefer, Saturday or Sunday morning, we will put on a pancake breakfast in the club house for the people camping here. I’m just going to need to get a head count so I know how many we will be cooking for. Be kink to me and let me know what day sometime soon and how many the week befo[/color]re.

Jimmy What a Face
MistyRiverCampground
MistyRiverCampground
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.MistyRiverRV.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcamper Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:44 pm

abivens wrote:I know it is a little early to be talking about this, but what the heck I am excited. Do you guys want to have the big potluck meal friday evening, saturday lunch, or saturday evening? My guess is that friday evening would be best, but I am game for anything. The campground has this huge grill/smoker so we can put on ribs for those who want ribs, chicken for those who want chicken, and maybe hot dogs for the kids. Maybe we want to do gourmet burgers saturday for lunch. ummmmmm

Al, Dave and I will bring a pack of ribs for us, we are not sure if we will be there Thursday or early Friday morning. We will also bring a cover dish for the potluck dinner.
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  abivens Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:17 pm

Sounds great. Looks like the campground is going to have us a pancake breakfast saturday morning. This trip is getting better by the minute. Very Happy
abivens
abivens
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Crawford Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:49 pm

Just wondering is the pool going to be open and hot tub? Very Happy Rolling Eyes Cool
Crawford
Crawford

Back to top Go down

Post  abivens Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:50 pm

I just reserved site E1 at Misty River, ya hoooo
abivens
abivens
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:09 pm

UPDATE: Heres the list as we have it at the moment.. If you are attending.. copy and paste.. and add your name.

Event planner: abivens

so far attending:
1. abivens
2. Richard
3. merrykalia
4. Coolbreeze (Tim)
5. ocb_dave_ocb (the Smith Family)
6. Crawford
7. YellowXterra
8. Life is Good
9. Kralcamper/Darcamper
10. Chuck and Max
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  abivens Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:42 pm

My 17 year old nephew came out today and scrubbed my camper from stem to stern. He even cleaned the rubber roof. She's ready for a trip (all dressed up and no where to go)!! lol!
abivens
abivens
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:17 am

abivens wrote:My 17 year old nephew came out today and scrubbed my camper from stem to stern. He even cleaned the rubber roof. She's ready for a trip (all dressed up and no where to go)!! lol!
Al, send your nephew up to my house. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KralCamper Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:31 pm

Mine too!!!!
KralCamper
KralCamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  merrykalia Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:44 pm

Well, while he's up this way.....................

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ocb_dave_ocb Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:47 pm

Hey guys, go ahead and take the SMITH FAMILY off of that list.

The smith family is no more, jessica and I are going to be parting ways. I am going to live in the motor home for the next year and half until I pay it off. So I may possibly come still, but I doubt it. She said she would like to camp with me some still, so I don't know, we may show up there.

ocb_dave_ocb

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:43 pm

ocb_dave_ocb wrote:Hey guys, go ahead and take the SMITH FAMILY off of that list.

The smith family is no more, jessica and I are going to be parting ways. I am going to live in the motor home for the next year and half until I pay it off. So I may possibly come still, but I doubt it. She said she would like to camp with me some still, so I don't know, we may show up there.

How about just,"Dave & possible family".
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:21 pm

I can't wait. I've got to get my reservation done.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KralCamper Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:52 pm

abivens wrote:I just reserved site E1 at Misty River, ya hoooo

Al,
I read that the sites in "E" were "pull in" instead of "back in" did they tell you how that works??
KralCamper
KralCamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:56 pm

I saw that too.. about the "pull in".. I sent Jimmy a PM.. but haven't heard anything back.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:04 pm

Yep, they are pull in. Just back around your trailer after dropping it.
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:08 pm

that seems kinda odd.. whats the advantage? You will have to back out when you leave. If I am gonna back up with my camper.. I would rather back "into" the site.. rather than backing into the roadway.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  merrykalia Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:23 pm

I kinda figured that when they put in utilities, they were put in on the wrong side, therefore, they are now "pull-ins". That is the way it is at one of our local campgrounds.

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next