Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Misty River RV Resort.. APRIL 13-15 (Walland TN)

+13
jb_simerly
ocb_dave_ocb
KralCamper
MistyRiverCampground
Crawford
coolbreeze1
Darcamper
Richard
Life is Good
abivens
merrykalia
YellowXterra
chuck
17 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Misty River RV Resort.. APRIL 13-15 (Walland TN) - Page 6 Empty Re: Misty River RV Resort.. APRIL 13-15 (Walland TN)

Post  SouthWestyKim Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:59 pm

As Sarah Palin says: "You betcha" !! anything Carolyn and I can do we will be glad to ..always happy to help another camper out Wink
SouthWestyKim
SouthWestyKim

Back to top Go down

Misty River RV Resort.. APRIL 13-15 (Walland TN) - Page 6 Empty Re: Misty River RV Resort.. APRIL 13-15 (Walland TN)

Post  KralCamper Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:00 pm

We'll be happy to help also!
KralCamper
KralCamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcamper Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:27 pm

Alan don't forget to let us know what we need to bring for the dinner also..
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:25 pm

Hey Al, with all these people volunteer to set your trailer up. We can sit back and have a cold one. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  abivens Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:55 am

I appreciate all the help, I haven't set up the camper since the accident so I am not sure how difficult it will be. My problem is that due to the recent tornado weather we had to move a couple of soccer games, well one of them got rescheduled the Friday we are supposed to arrive at Misty River. So it looks like I won't be getting there until pretty late Friday night (9 or 10 pm). So that means we will not be able to participate in the Friday evening meal. I was really never sure, did we decide to eat together Friday night or Saturday? I know that the staff at Misty River has offered to host a pancake breakfast Saturday morning. As far as meals go, anyone is welcome at our camper for any meal. We are still coming and I am bringing the bean bag corn hole boards for a friendly tournament complete with burgers and hot dogs, maybe that can be our lunch plans Saturday. Very Happy I am also going to bring a water rocket launcher for the kids, they will love it. If you have any empty 2 liter bottles please bring them, the kids can make rockets from these that they can launch in the field, its really cool. cheers
abivens
abivens
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:29 pm

We don't necessarily have to have a "planned" meal together.. just camping and getting to visit is enough. Sorry you won't be arriving til late Friday. I am not sure if everyone (Dave and Darlene) are gonna be there Saturday night.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KralCamper Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:35 pm

I was able to take Sunday off work, so we'll be there Saturday night. We do have plans for some GSMNP exploring friday and/or sat, but would like to make the lunch/dinner. Just let us know when is good for everyone.
KralCamper
KralCamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcamper Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:49 pm

abivens wrote: Very Happy I am also going to bring a water rocket launcher for the kids, they will love it. If you have any empty 2 liter bottles please bring them, the kids can make rockets from these that they can launch in the field, its really cool. cheers

The water rocket launcher sounds fun. I'll bring what 2 liters I have. Everyone be safe on your travels..see you all there.
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:53 pm

Turned on the camper fridge.. and loaded a 12 pack of Natty Ice today. So I guess I am ready.

Misty River RV Resort.. APRIL 13-15 (Walland TN) - Page 6 Nattyice
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:13 pm

Chuck, I still don't want a beer (for now) but if the can's look like that now, I might want to hold one for a little while. Yowza!

Then again, maybe later.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:18 pm

Richard wrote:Chuck, I still don't want a beer (for now) but if the can's look like that now, I might want to hold one for a little while. Yowza!

Then again, maybe later.

naaa.. the cans look the same as always.. I just liked the picture.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:35 pm

You certainly have an eye for art!
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:43 pm

Richard wrote:You certainly have an eye for art!

I don't think her name is "Art"...
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:22 pm

How about the group lunch Saturday around noon or so? Alan is that good for you?

What should people bring?
Should everyone bring hamburgers and/or hot dogs and buns for themselves?
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:30 pm

or Saturday night.. 6pm or so?
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  merrykalia Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:39 pm

We don't plan to do anything other than hang out at the campground, so it doesn't really make any difference when we do the meal. We will be there about 1 pm or so on Friday and plan to leave Sunday about noon.

If everybody brings some burgers and/or dogs, along with buns, I will bring the condiments (ketchup, mustard, mayo and maybe even some pickle relish). I will also throw some american cheese in the fridge, so we will have that, too.

If you want tomato and lettuce, you had best bring them.

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://community.webshots.com/user/merrykalia?vhost=community

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:43 pm

ok.. looks like a plan... noon or 6pm?

I vote for 6PM
that way if anyone wants to explore the area during the day.. they can join the party Saturday evening.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:53 pm

Alan.. not trying to take over.. just trying to get a plan together. Let us know which way ya wanna go and what ya wanna do.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcamper Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:54 pm

Where are we meeting up at?
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  abivens Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:32 pm

chuck wrote:Alan.. not trying to take over.. just trying to get a plan together. Let us know which way ya wanna go and what ya wanna do.
I appreciate you guys being flexible to my crazy schedule. I also appreciate you Chuck, for helping me out. I would like to cast my vote for saturday at 6. I will also bring hamburgers and hotdogs. Would someone want to make a large pot of beans?Richard, how bout some of them good ole taters like you made at Harrison Bay?
abivens
abivens
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  abivens Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:37 pm

I suggest we meet at mine and Richards campers, we will have the Bean bag toss games set up there and our spots are adjacent to the large field. lots of room
abivens
abivens
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:24 pm

Agreed on Saturday at 6:00 PM at Alan's camper and mine.

Alan, I've already got the Dutch Oven in the camper, so Taters are on the menu. (Darlene, I'll make you some without onions.)

Here's my understanding so far.

Everyone is bringing hamburgers and hotdogs to cook, and Buns to put them on. And 'whatever' they like to drink.

Those with grills will bring them over. Same with portable tables and chairs.

Alan is bringing a some extra burgers & wieners; in case someone forgets, misses the message, or else just prefers Alan's beef.

Donna is bringing Ketchup, Mustard, Mayonnaise, Pickles and Onion.

Richard will have paper plates, forks and dutch oven potatoes with bacon.

Copy, edit and re-post if you agree to bring something.

A few suggestions:
>- With the size of the crowd, we'll need plenty of chips of various sorts.
>- We'll need desserts and stuff to eat the dessert on and with.
(Rice Crispy Treats are always a good idea.)
>- Lettuce and Tomato
>- Baked Beans
>- Anything else that goes good at a weenie roast/hamburger cookout.

Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:40 pm

I just added Thursday to my reservation. I'll be there Thursday through Sunday, with the three kids and our 6-month old Plott Hound Puppy.

I'll be glad when the puppy stage is over. She's a little rambunctious right now. Not mean, just really playful. the problem is, she's not a small dog. Her name is Dolly Belle Clark. She's only been to camp driveway so far. I don't know how she will be around other dogs. I do know that she chases rabbits, squirrels, and our cat. She'll be on-leash or in her kennel. She just can't be trusted yet. Still, she's gotta learn to camp.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:59 pm

Everyone is bringing hamburgers and hotdogs to cook, and Buns to put them on. And 'whatever' they like to drink.

Those with grills will bring them over. Same with portable tables and chairs.

Alan is bringing a some extra burgers & wieners; in case someone forgets, misses the message, or else just prefers Alan's beef.

Donna is bringing Ketchup, Mustard, Mayonnaise, Pickles and Onion.

Richard will have paper plates, forks and dutch oven potatoes with bacon.

Chuck will bring Big Bag of Chips and a tub of Baked Beans

Copy, edit and re-post if you agree to bring something.

A few suggestions:
>- With the size of the crowd, we'll need plenty of chips of various sorts.
>- We'll need desserts and stuff to eat the dessert on and with.
(Rice Crispy Treats are always a good idea.)
>- Lettuce and Tomato
>- Baked Beans
>- Anything else that goes good at a weenie roast/hamburger cookout.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:43 pm

Well, I was going to bring chips until I saw Chuck's post.
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next