Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Misty River RV Resort.. APRIL 13-15 (Walland TN)

+13
jb_simerly
ocb_dave_ocb
KralCamper
MistyRiverCampground
Crawford
coolbreeze1
Darcamper
Richard
Life is Good
abivens
merrykalia
YellowXterra
chuck
17 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Misty River RV Resort.. APRIL 13-15 (Walland TN) Empty Misty River RV Resort.. APRIL 13-15 (Walland TN)

Post  chuck Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:56 am

Event planner: abivens

so far attending:
abivens
Richard
merrykalia
Coolbreeze (Tim)
ocb_dave_ocb (the Smith Family)
Crawford

copy this.. add your name to the list and re-post.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Misty River RV Resort.. APRIL 13-15 (Walland TN) Empty Re: Misty River RV Resort.. APRIL 13-15 (Walland TN)

Post  chuck Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:57 am

abivens posted this:

I grabbed some info off the Misty River website:
CAN YOU ARRANGE TO HAVE MEMBERS IN SITES NEAR EACH OTHER?
We try to keep groups as close together as possible.

DO YOU HAVE A PAVILLION OR RECREATION HALL THAT WE CAN USE FOR CLUB GROUP ACTIVITIES? (GAMES, MEALS, & CLUB MEETING) ?
Our club house is 1600 sq feet indoors, with central ac & heat and a wood burring fire place to make things cozy for the winter time. We have hosted weddings, family reunions, rally’s, meeting’s and classes. It is a great room for groups.

DO YOU OFFER ANY DISCOUNT FEES FOR GROUP CAMPING?
Yes we do, please call (865) 981-4300 or e-mail for more information.

IS THERE A POOL AVAILABLE?
The pool and hot tub area will be open when the weather permits, we do close the pool and hot tub for the winter but swimming in the river is allowed all year long.

DO YOU HAVE WIFI?
Yes, and it’s FREE to use.

YOU HAVE FULL HOOKUPS?
All of our RV sites are full hook up sites. Our Tent sites are all primitive sites.

PULL THRU OR BACK IN SITES?
Most of our sites are pull thru sites. When you look at our map. All of the sites, except the two outer rows are pull thru sites. A row is all back in sites and E row are pull into sites.

IS BOTH 30 AND 50 AMP SITES AVAILABLE?
We have 30 and 50 amp service at all of the RV sites.

ARE PETS ALLOWED?
We are a pet friendly campground. Pets are allowed if they are friendly. Pets are required to be on a leash at all times and they should not be left unattended. You must pickup after your pet.

WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
A) More than 30 days in advance will result in $15.00 + tax canceling tax fee for campsites.
B) Less than 30 days in advance will result in the forfeiture of one day rent. You can change the date of you stay one time without accruing any fees to your deposit. If you have not used the deposit by Dec. 31st. it will then be forfeited.

ARE RESERVATIONS REQUIRED? CREDIT CARD HOLD? DEPOSIT AMOUNT REQUIRED?
Yes. A deposit of $40.00 per campsite is required. For most groups we let each camper make there own reservations. If the group is a Scout Troop or something similar, we can take just one master reservations for everyone.

Sites for group reservations will be held until 30 days before the event at the discounted rate. We will open up all unreserved sites for general camping the last 30 days at the regular camping rates.

chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Misty River RV Resort.. APRIL 13-15 (Walland TN) Empty Re: Misty River RV Resort.. APRIL 13-15 (Walland TN)

Post  chuck Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:58 am

more info on MISTY RIVER: http://www.mistyriverrv.com/
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  YellowXterra Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:02 pm

chuck wrote:Misty River RV Resort.. APRIL 13-15 (Walland TN)

so far attending:
abivens
Richard
merrykalia
Coolbreeze (Tim)
ocb_dave_ocb (the Smith Family)
Crawford
YellowXterra
YellowXterra
YellowXterra

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:58 pm

Glad you are planning to attend Yellow.. Even if I don't have a camper, by then.. I will probably try and vist.. if its ok with the MSTY RIVER management.

so far attending:
1. abivens
2. Richard
3. merrykalia
4. Coolbreeze (Tim)
5. ocb_dave_ocb (the Smith Family)
6. Crawford
7. YellowXterra

chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  merrykalia Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:04 pm

chuck wrote: Even if I don't have a camper, by then.. I will probably try and vist.. Misty River RV Resort.. APRIL 13-15 (Walland TN)

Chuck, why don't you plan to get a cabin and maybe the wife would come with you. You can hang out at one of our campfires with us.

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://community.webshots.com/user/merrykalia?vhost=community

Back to top Go down

Post  abivens Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:37 pm

Good idea !!!!
abivens
abivens
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Misty River RV Resort.. APRIL 13-15 (Walland TN) Empty Looking forward to meeting everybody!

Post  Life is Good Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:34 pm

so far attending:
1. abivens
2. Richard
3. merrykalia
4. Coolbreeze (Tim)
6. Crawford
7. YellowXterra
8. Life is Good

Life is Good
Life is Good

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:45 pm

Glad you are gonna be with us Life Is Good. I look forward to meeting you.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcamper Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:35 pm

so far attending:
1. abivens
2. Richard
3. merrykalia
4. Coolbreeze (Tim)
6. Crawford
7. YellowXterra
8. Life is Good
9. Kralcamper/Darcamper
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  merrykalia Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:26 pm

I've invited some friends/family to bring their RV's along, too. We'll see if they make it, not real sure right now.

I sure hope everybody listed can make it - that would be a great crowd.

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  abivens Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:19 am

Looks like we are going to have a great weekend. sunny
abivens
abivens
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:02 am

What would really be great is if we got at least half of the registered users to come to our camp out. If that happened, Al you would become the event planner of the year. Very Happy
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:25 pm

Amazing, Al suggests a camping trip and mentions cooking ribs, and we sign up immediately! If Don signs up and mentions Dutch Oven desserts, we may really have a record crowd.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  abivens Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:18 pm

Richard wrote:Amazing, Al suggests a camping trip and mentions cooking ribs, and we sign up immediately! If Don signs up and mentions Dutch Oven desserts, we may really have a record crowd.

Richard are you going to make that potatoe dish you made at Harrison Bay, Yummmm
abivens
abivens
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:22 pm

Sure, it's pretty easy. Potato, onion (and some without onion for Darlene), and bacon. What's not to love?

I may do the pie irons again as well. That was fun and yummy.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  merrykalia Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:44 pm

Pie irons sounds fun. I may even decide to do a grilled pizza. Elora and I made one when we were hosting and it was probably the best pizza I had ever eaten. Since then, I haven't put one in the oven - they are all done over the grill.

I'll do the dough and everybody can put their fixins on it.

Yeah, that's an idea.

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Crawford Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:50 am

If it turns nice tomorrow we are going there to see the sites and pick one I'm really tired of all the rain.I'm looking here at lake backside propriety LOL. Very Happy Sad Laughing
Crawford
Crawford

Back to top Go down

Post  abivens Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:48 am

I am going to go ahead and register and I think some of you guys are wanting to do so as well. Typically I like to get on row A. It is next to the woodline but does require you to back in, it can be a little tight with the bigger rigs (30 footers and up). Mine is 29 and I put it in there. The middle rows are pull-thru, unfortunately there are not many trees but they are fine. If you want to try to stay together we should all try to stay in A or B rows. E row is on the opposite side of the campground and is a back in site, but is has a huge field behind it that would be great for pets or letting kids run wild. Check out the misty river website and pull up the park map. I personally don't think it matters where we camp because we are going to share the big meals at the conference hall. Plus I enjoy walking around the campground. It would be cool if Chuck could get us some of those signs that say Volunteer Campers, how much are those Chuck?
abivens
abivens
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Misty River RV Resort.. APRIL 13-15 (Walland TN) Empty Reservations

Post  Life is Good Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:20 am

Just something to keep in mind, this was from a earlier post and we dont need to let it slip up on us! affraid

Our regular rate is $42.00, but we will offer a special for the Volunteer Camping Club of $32.00.

Sites for group reservations will be held until 30 days before the event at the discounted rate. We will open up all unreserved sites for general camping the last 30 days at the regular camping rates.

So the magic date to save some money is 3-12-12 What a Face

Life is Good
Life is Good

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:39 pm

abivens wrote:It would be cool if Chuck could get us some of those signs that say Volunteer Campers, how much are those Chuck?

here is a link showing the VC sign http://www.cafepress.com/vcampers.410716687

and the VC store: http://www.cafepress.com/vcampers
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  merrykalia Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:34 pm

Just made my reservation!

We hope to be coming in on Thursday and leaving Sunday morning, or at least that is the plan right now.

I told him we wanted to be close to the playground. That's where my kids will stay most of the time. I didn't give him a site #, just told him the size of our unit.

Last edited by merrykalia on Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Crawford Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:54 pm

we also will be there on the 12th, we will have site D 6 looking toward seeing everyone there. Very Happy Laughing
Crawford
Crawford

Back to top Go down

Post  Crawford Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:54 am

I'm looking out my window think my coach is waving to me. She wants to get back on road also, Wishful thinking for warm weather to camp. Very Happy Laughing
Crawford
Crawford

Back to top Go down

Post  abivens Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:07 pm

I know it is a little early to be talking about this, but what the heck I am excited. Do you guys want to have the big potluck meal friday evening, saturday lunch, or saturday evening? My guess is that friday evening would be best, but I am game for anything. The campground has this huge grill/smoker so we can put on ribs for those who want ribs, chicken for those who want chicken, and maybe hot dogs for the kids. Maybe we want to do gourmet burgers saturday for lunch. ummmmmm
abivens
abivens
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next