Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Misty River RV Resort.. APRIL 13-15 (Walland TN)

+13
jb_simerly
ocb_dave_ocb
KralCamper
MistyRiverCampground
Crawford
coolbreeze1
Darcamper
Richard
Life is Good
abivens
merrykalia
YellowXterra
chuck
17 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Misty River RV Resort.. APRIL 13-15 (Walland TN) - Page 7 Empty Re: Misty River RV Resort.. APRIL 13-15 (Walland TN)

Post  abivens Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:44 pm

Can anybody make a good pie or cobbler? That would be nice
abivens
abivens
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Misty River RV Resort.. APRIL 13-15 (Walland TN) - Page 7 Empty Re: Misty River RV Resort.. APRIL 13-15 (Walland TN)

Post  Crawford Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:52 pm

With my wife's brother in hospital he won't be able to come, but we will buy store brought pies if that's ok ? We will get four of them is that also ok ? Very Happy Smile
Crawford
Crawford

Back to top Go down

Post  merrykalia Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:14 pm

chuck wrote:

Donna is bringing Ketchup, Mustard, Mayonnaise, Pickles and Onion.

Donna will also bring lettuce and tomatoes for the burgers and some chopped onions for the hot dogs. If I feel froggy, I may do some chili for the dogs, but don't hold me to that. I have a little crockpot to put it in.

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://community.webshots.com/user/merrykalia?vhost=community

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:36 pm

Crawford wrote:With my wife's brother in hospital he won't be able to come, but we will buy store brought pies if that's ok ? We will get four of them is that also ok ? Very Happy Smile

Crawford.. thats perfect! Sorry about your wife's brother.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:39 pm

MENU UPDATE:

Everyone is bringing hamburgers and hotdogs to cook, and Buns to put them on. And 'whatever' they like to drink.

Those with grills will bring them over. Same with portable tables and chairs.

Alan is bringing a some extra burgers & wieners; in case someone forgets, misses the message, or else just prefers Alan's beef.

Donna is bringing Ketchup, Mustard, Mayonnaise, Pickles and Onion, plus: lettuce and tomatoes for the burgers and some "chopped" onions for the hot dogs.

Richard will have paper plates, forks and dutch oven potatoes with bacon.

Chuck will bring Big Bag of "REGULAR" Chips and a tub of Baked Beans

Coolbreeze.. some BBQ chips or Doritoes or something like that.

Crawford: 4 pies

Copy, edit and re-post if you agree to bring something.

A few suggestions:
>- With the size of the crowd, we'll need plenty of chips of various sorts.
>- We'll need desserts and stuff to eat the dessert on and with.
(Rice Crispy Treats are always a good idea.)
>- Lettuce and Tomato
>- Baked Beans
>- Anything else that goes good at a weenie roast/hamburger cookout.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:42 pm

coolbreeze1 wrote:Well, I was going to bring chips until I saw Chuck's post.

Cool.. I put you down for BBQ chips and/or Doritoes. I will bring REGULAR flavored chips.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:13 pm

Ok, I will bring some bbq & doritos.
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KralCamper Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:57 pm

MENU UPDATE:

Everyone is bringing hamburgers and hotdogs to cook, and Buns to put them on. And 'whatever' they like to drink.

Those with grills will bring them over. Same with portable tables and chairs.

Alan is bringing a some extra burgers & wieners; in case someone forgets, misses the message, or else just prefers Alan's beef.

Donna is bringing Ketchup, Mustard, Mayonnaise, Pickles and Onion, plus: lettuce and tomatoes for the burgers and some "chopped" onions for the hot dogs.

Richard will have paper plates, forks and dutch oven potatoes with bacon.

Chuck will bring Big Bag of "REGULAR" Chips and a tub of Baked Beans

Coolbreeze.. some BBQ chips or Doritoes or something like that.

Crawford: 4 pies

Dave and Dar will bring some Rice Crispy Treats.

Copy, edit and re-post if you agree to bring something.

A few suggestions:
>- With the size of the crowd, we'll need plenty of chips of various sorts.
>- We'll need desserts and stuff to eat the dessert on and with.
(Rice Crispy Treats are always a good idea.)
>- Lettuce and Tomato
>- Baked Beans
>- Anything else that goes good at a weenie roast/hamburger cookout.
KralCamper
KralCamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  merrykalia Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:02 pm

ANOTHER MENU UPDATE:

I have gotten my crockpot out, so I will also be doing some hotdog chili along with my "fixins" for the burgers.

I may swing by Walmart and pick up some of their loaded baked potato salad. I love it, it's cheap and good.

Now, all that's left to do is get in the TT and clean it. Butch packed up from Natural Tunnel right before the truck died and I haven't touched it. He's not the best "putter-away-er" that's ever been born. There is litterally stuff laying everywhere. I guess that's my afternoon project.

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:17 pm

coolbreeze1 wrote:Well, I was going to bring chips until I saw Chuck's post.
Tim, we are going to have a crowd, so bring those chips. Chips never go to waste.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:20 pm

Yea for Dave and Darlene (Glad someone picked up on my not-so-subtle hint.)
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:01 am

well.. looks like weather is gonna be near perfect.. just a little night time coolness.. so the campfire will feel good! almost 0% chance of rain all weekend. I will be heading out this afternoon.. see some of you tonight.. more tomorrow! Safe traveling.

Last edited by chuck on Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:17 am; edited 1 time in total
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthWestyKim Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:27 pm

Carolyn and I will be bringing some home made potato salad , brownies, and some extra hot dogs . Very Happy
SouthWestyKim
SouthWestyKim

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:17 am

SouthWestyKim wrote:Carolyn and I will be bringing some home made potato salad , brownies, and some extra hot dogs . Very Happy
I thought you were coming Thursday??? So far its Richard and kids, Dave and Darlene and myself.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Crawford Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:12 am

My wife's brother is leaving hospital today had to put off leaving Thursday.If nothing goes wrong we will be in no later then 5 pm. He wasn't suppose to leave till after the camping trip that life I guess. Smile
Crawford
Crawford

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:42 am

Crawford wrote:My wife's brother is leaving hospital today had to put off leaving Thursday.If nothing goes wrong we will be in no later then 5 pm. He wasn't suppose to leave till after the camping trip that life I guess. Smile

Jimmy told us you called.. so guess we'll see you this afternoon. Drive safely.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  abivens Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:55 am

Hey Chuck, The campground offered to host us a pancake breakfast saturday morn. If you get the chance, maybe you can run by the office and make sure thats still on!!
abivens
abivens
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:04 am

abivens wrote:Hey Chuck, The campground offered to host us a pancake breakfast saturday morn. If you get the chance, maybe you can run by the office and make sure thats still on!!

It's still on! Jimmy mentioned it to Richard and I last night.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:04 am

I arrived about 5:30p Thursday.. Richard came by for a nice visit. After setting up.. I tried the upside down campfire (mentioned here: https://volunteercampers.forumotion.net/t963-upside-down-camp-fire). It worked perfect. I am not a master fire builder like Dave Kral.. but this one was pretty good.

I cooked a couple of sausage dogs over the campfire for supper. I splurged and bought a package of Hillshire Farms "Gourmet Creations".. these are beef and jalapeno sausages with monterey jack cheese.. they are tasty! Max had a regular hot dog, the jalapenos make him poop.

Last night we took a little walk around the CG and visited with Richard and Kids... and Dolly. Dave and Darlene came in around 7p (i think).. they borrowed my fire and roasted a few weenies. We had a few beers around the campfire.. then the wind started blowing. It wasn't too cold, temperature wise.. but the wind added quite a chill.

The wind blew all night.. I got up about 1:30am, rolled up the awning and took down my flag.

It's about 39 degrees now (9am).. the sun is shining.. but the wind is still blowing and it feels bitterly cold outside.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthWestyKim Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:46 am

I meant Friday...at least I think my reservations were for friday , sat....anyways be there around 1 today.
SouthWestyKim
SouthWestyKim

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregg Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:30 pm

Sounds like fun,too much going on this weekend .maybe a trip later on in the year

Gregg
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  tenndon Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:52 pm

Lisa and I sure wish we could have been there!! We miss you guys!! Little Mr. Carson Brooks is still taking all our free time!! This Papaw thing is gonna be fun!!!! Can't wait to teach him how to cook in a Dutch oven!!

Peace and Grace,
Don & Lisa
tenndon
tenndon

Back to top Go down

Post  KralCamper Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:02 pm

Had a lot of fun this weekend. Dar and I went to Tuckaleechee Caverns and had a great meal at Smoky Mountain Junction in Townsend on Friday. Saturday fishing in the river (caught 1 small one) with another great meal and lots of good company Saturday night. Met Life Is Good (David and family thanks for coming). Glad we could all get together for this one. Good fun, Good company, Good weather, Good camping (although a bit cool and windy at night).

Gregg and tenndon, You guys and family were missed. Hope we can get together soon.

Thanks all...It was great... Cool

Last edited by KralCamper on Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Oops!, meant Saturday...not Friday)
KralCamper
KralCamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  merrykalia Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:32 pm

I agree - we had a fabulous time. We are glad that Al and Diana finally made in on Saturday. Actually, we are glad the girls made it, Al and Diana were just an after-thought. It was good meeting Life is Good (David, Stacy, Whitney and Logan) and talking to them for a good spell.

It's always great to have Richard's kids when we camp. Mine are usually completely occupied when they are around.

So, for everybody that brought kids....THANKS! If you didn't, it was still good to see you. Chuck, it was great to have you camping again with Max. Hope you continue to enjoy it. Dave and Dar, hope Dar heals well and can start doing for herself again. I know that has to be awful.

It was good to meet Kim and Carolyn on this trip. Crawford and his gang, along with Tim made it a really good trip with lots of members.

Burgers and dogs were good, as was the potato salad, beans and the rest of the fixins. Richard, you taters were wonderful and I will attempt to make them our next trip out.

Whoooo, glad to be home, but looking forward to the next trip out.

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Life is Good Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:37 am

We enjoyed meeting everyone! We had a great time and will be seeing more of everybody on future campouts. This is a great group of people here!
Thanks to everyone for there generosity and fellowship!
Life is Good
Life is Good

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next