Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Ridge SP BLUEGRASS NIGHT! 2014

2 posters

Go down

Big Ridge SP BLUEGRASS NIGHT! 2014 Empty Big Ridge SP BLUEGRASS NIGHT! 2014

Post  chuck Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:04 am

Well..  I have decided to do the Big Ridge Bluegrass Night again..  this years it's Friday night Aug 15th. Last year I had decided to not return to Big Ridge because I didn't like my campsite in 2012 and 2013..  but I think the festival event and the fishing is not worth missing.  Plus Big Ridge is very close to home, for me.

The last two years I camped down near the lake.. and to be honest.. the sites are just not kept up well in that area.  And even though they are close to the water..  I think the best fishing spots are in other sections of the park,.. and I end up driving to fish anyway.   So I'm gonna camp up on the top of the ridge..  these sites are newer and a little cleaner. (I have camped in the upper area before).  I will be in site #51, Friday and Saturday nights.

Hope some of you can join me!  Make your reservations now!

Last year.. at the fest:
Big Ridge SP BLUEGRASS NIGHT! 2014 Bigridge2013081607

HERE'S SOME MORE INFO:
Event Date: August 15, 2014
Annual Bluegrass Festival featuring many talented local and regional performers.  The event is held on the 3rd Friday in August at historic Big Ridge State Park, Maynardville.  Festival is free.  Festival seating, so bring a chair and your picnic as you settle in for some of East Tennessee's finest bluegrass musicians.  No Alcoholic Beverages

Arts and Crafts..  and plenty of food vendors.. BBQ, Hamburgers and Hotdogs, Cheesy Potatoes, Homemade Ice Cream and more!

Ages Festival is Appropriate For: All ages from young to old

How to Get There
Big Ridge State Park is located on Highway 61W.  From Knoxville, take HWY 33 to 144. Follow to the intersection of 170 and take a right.  Follow until intersection of 61W and then 1.5 miles to the park entrance on your right.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Big Ridge SP BLUEGRASS NIGHT! 2014 Empty Re: Big Ridge SP BLUEGRASS NIGHT! 2014

Post  chuck Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:53 am

Thought I would refresh this.. Anyone going? I have campsite reservations.. But I might cancel if nobody else is attending. I can always just drive up that Friday for the music.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  merrykalia Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:43 am

I'm not really a bluegrass fan and we'll be at NT. I hope you get someone else to go with you.

On another note, I saw a bad, bad review of the park on rv.net just the other day. They said they were going to try Cove Lake next, but I haven't read their review on there. Basically, they said the sites were trashy, there was little to no security and drunks ruled.

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://community.webshots.com/user/merrykalia?vhost=community

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down