Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full-time Campers

+2
Crawford
Darcamper
6 posters

Go down

Full-time Campers Empty Full-time Campers

Post  Darcamper Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:11 pm

I have been researching a training program for full time campers. I'm sure there is something or guide lines to follow or maybe not out there, but I cant locate all information I need. Just looking for ideas and researching for our use when we become full timers.

Has anyone thought about becoming full timers or knows someone that are. It would be great to ask them some questions also, if anyone knows of any information pertaining to full time campers. Let me know.
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Full-time Campers Empty Re: Full-time Campers

Post  Crawford Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:26 pm

Are you a member of Good Sams Club they have all kinds of information on full timming and the have a full timer on line he's been doing it 30 years. He answers all kinds of questions. I myself plan to go out for 3 to 4 months at a time in about 2 years but won't sell our house. I still love the new homestead.
Crawford
Crawford

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:31 pm

I found this to be very interesting reading. Lots of info for "full time" campers.. and those thinking about it:

http://www.rv-dreams.com/
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:19 pm

Dave, a friend of mine from Alabama (Scotty) and his wife sold the house and almost all of their stuff. They bought a luxury class A and went for the full-timing lifestyle. About 4 years or so into it, they went back to Alabama, bought a home, and the Class A is for sale. It turned out that while they loved each other, that much togetherness wasn't for them. They just didn't like to do the same things. Scotty liked to be outside by the fire, his wife liked to be inside with the TV. Scotty liked to hike around, and she liked to drive around. Scotty loved meeting all the new people. She was OK with not meeting so many of them.

Both are great people, and I've known them all my life. But once they saw the country a few times, they decided that they wer happier when they weren't each other's constant (and often only) companions. They tell great stories of their full-timing adventure, but seem lots happier together now that the adventure is over. They still make the occasional long trip in the Class A, but are ready to sell it.

Scotty joined a couple of those campground discount clubs, and said they really paid off for him.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Crawford Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:37 pm

Hey Richard we lived in our coach 3 to 4 month till my home was finished by then I was ready to get out of it that's why I said before I'm keeping my home and take out coach for a few months and still got home waiting on me For anyone who really want's to do it keep the house and try it for a 6 month trip and see how it goes heck you just might like it but if not still have you home waiting. Very Happy What a Face alien lol!
Crawford
Crawford

Back to top Go down

Post  KralCamper Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:06 pm

Richard wrote:They bought a luxury class A and went for the full-timing lifestyle. About 4 years or so into it, they went back to Alabama, bought a home, and the Class A is for sale. It turned out that while they loved each other, that much togetherness wasn't for them.

Yeah, but it took them 4 years to realize it! I can only imagine what sites they have seen and places they have been in that 4 years. I would love to see this country the way they did, even if it only lasted for a short time...

KralCamper
KralCamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:12 pm

No doubt they had a good time. I'm just saying that after a point, enough was enough. I like Crawford's idea of keeping the house. Another part of Scotty's problem is that the RV was just too nice. I hated to leave it myself. And even witht he price concessions, there aren't a lot of people wanting to spend six figures on a used Class A.

I think you and Dar are outgoing enough to do well at full timing. The biggest problem is that there is no such thing as a country-wide fishing license, and you know you are going to want to fish all over the country. Those short-trrip out of state licenses are high. But what an adventure it would be.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcamper Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:50 pm

Richard, just think of the fun a trip that could last over a year be. I would not sale the house, but give it to the kids. So if we ever get tired and wanted to come home, I will just tell the kids I'm home and move OUT Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I believe fishing will be part of dinner, so that will be a must....But I am not sure I would ever buy a class A to travel in. I would like to travel with a car as well.

Just looking at the in and outs so if we ever really want to take this to full time, at least we would know something real about camping...
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:02 pm

Richard wrote:I think you and Dar are outgoing enough to do well at full timing.

Richard.. its Dar asking the questions about full-time camping. Don't you know she runs the camping plans in that house. Very Happy
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcamper Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:16 pm

chuck wrote:
Richard wrote:I think you and Dar are outgoing enough to do well at full timing.

Richard.. its Dar asking the questions about full-time camping. Don't you know she runs the camping plans in that house. Very Happy

LOL, I am the one getting things ready, right Chuck Very Happy Very Happy

Chuck, thanks for the link.

I am going to play the lottery and hope I win a life time of camping. I don't think Dave and I will have any problems always being around each other. I will just say it's time to pack up and head off to another camp ground. When you run out of things to see. Things do get boring.
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:28 pm

I'd love to full time for 6 months or so, but I'd be doing it without my wife, and I like having her around. So it'll just be weekends here and there for me.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:45 pm

Richard wrote:I'd love to full time for 6 months or so, but I'd be doing it without my wife.

sounds like another good reason to consider full timing.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Crawford Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:41 am

Wow my wife is next to a best friend I have we do everything together 40 years +
Crawford
Crawford

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:27 am

chuck wrote:

You may be right about that, Chuck.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:28 am

chuck wrote:
Richard wrote:I'd love to full time for 6 months or so, but I'd be doing it without my wife.

sounds like another good reason to consider full timing.

LOL, dasterdly. But I get my alone time with my business travel.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:33 am

You know Darlene, by the time you guys get ready to get a nicer TT and go for Full-time, I'll be in a position to buy the Hybrid from you. By then it'll be old enough that the price could be right as well. (It's good to have long-term goals.)
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:53 pm

Richard wrote:You know Darlene, by the time you guys get ready to get a nicer TT and go for Full-time, I'll be in a position to buy the Hybrid from you. By then it'll be old enough that the price could be right as well. (It's good to have long-term goals.)
Always looking ahead Shocked
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcamper Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:56 pm

Richard wrote:You know Darlene, by the time you guys get ready to get a nicer TT and go for Full-time, I'll be in a position to buy the Hybrid from you. By then it'll be old enough that the price could be right as well. (It's good to have long-term goals.)

You know it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down