Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ye Olde Mill Campground in Townsend, TN

4 posters

Go down

Ye Olde Mill Campground in Townsend, TN Empty Ye Olde Mill Campground in Townsend, TN

Post  "Young" Life Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:05 am

Small campground with about 30 sites with full hook-ups (no wifi Crying or Very sad ). Also has 6 primitive tent sites. Cell service was spotty. About 5 sites right on the river. Lots of shade. Firepit rings with concete slab and picnic tables. Price for river front spots was $34.00 for 4 people. Day visitors are $2 each. Bath house was very clean. My daughters were impressed that there were not ANY bugs in the bathrooms. LOL

River is deep and calm right in front of the campground (goes from shallow to about 4.5 feet maybe). There is a "wall" at the end of the property that adds perfect waterfall sounds for relaxing on the riverbank. But very safe for the kids (IMO) It is more like a wide wall dividing the upper end to the lower end of the river. The girls had a blast swimming all day.

I give it 2 thumbs up!

The phone number is 865-448-6681. They are closed in Jan and Feb. Was very empty while we were there. Seems most people prefer to pay double the $ to get a swimming pool and playground. The river worked great for us. Very Happy
Ye Olde Mill Campground in Townsend, TN 35-65
"Young" Life

Back to top Go down

Ye Olde Mill Campground in Townsend, TN Empty Re: Ye Olde Mill Campground in Townsend, TN

Post  chuck Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:12 am

thanks for the review.. I want to take a drive to Townsend one day.. and just look at the CGs.. I will definately put this one on the list to tour.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Ye Olde Mill Campground in Townsend, TN Empty Re: Ye Olde Mill Campground in Townsend, TN

Post  tenndon Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:05 am

We have stayed at this campground several years ago and really liked it. The only problem for us was being under a walnut tree in the fall during a storm with lots of wind. We felt like we were being bombed by angry squirrels!! LOL!!
tenndon
tenndon

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:34 am

Thanks for the review.
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:36 am

tenndon wrote:We have stayed at this campground several years ago and really liked it. The only problem for us was being under a walnut tree in the fall during a storm with lots of wind. We felt like we were being bombed by angry squirrels!! LOL!!
Hey Don, I would have thought that you would have made a dessert out of those walnuts. Embarassed
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  "Young" Life Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:26 am

Oh my husband would be freaking out if walnuts were hitting the camper roof! Shocked

Other than that glad you all enjoyed it there too. We are going back next month.
Ye Olde Mill Campground in Townsend, TN 35-65
"Young" Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down