Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trackrock Campground and Rv park.

4 posters

Go down

Trackrock Campground and Rv park. Empty Trackrock Campground and Rv park.

Post  fisherpal2k Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:49 am

We have been to Trackrock a couple of times this past year and it has turned into one of our favorite camp spots. There isn't a whole lot to do as far as inside the campground but there are a lot of activities for the kids and families both. I will post some pics and a link to Trackrock itself.
I highly recomend this place if you are in the mood to travel a little bit.
https://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/fisherpal2k/Trackrock%20Campground/

http://www.trackrock.com/index.html
fisherpal2k
fisherpal2k
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Trackrock Campground and Rv park. Empty Re: Trackrock Campground and Rv park.

Post  Richard Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:01 pm

It looks beautiful Fisherpal. It would be a bit of a drive, but that's why the trailers have wheels.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcamper Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:09 pm

Fisher, we would love to camp here and fish. How far do you think it is from Knoxville? I am guessing about 2 1/2 hours. Also when is the best time to go and when do we make reservations. This would make a great trip it the end of March, like leave Wednesday and return on Saturday evening. Any thoughts... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Trackrock Campground and Rv park. Empty Trackrock..

Post  fisherpal2k Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:26 pm

It is a bit of a drive, but like Richard says thats why they got wheels!

March would be a good month but a little cool up there. We camped there at Thanksgiving for a week and the lows got down into the low 20's while we were there.

I would say it is more like a 4 hr trip from Knoxville as its not the distance but some of the smaller roads. They take reservations year round and have the campground divided up inot several different sections. For a group trip I would reccomend the loop at the top of the mountain. The sites are large and spread out and all are pull thru sites. It also has a pavillion and a group fire pit beside it. It is a little walk or drive down to the bath houses tho.
The bath houses are some of the best kept I have ever seen. My wife and daughter was really surprised as well as I was at the cleaness of the whole campground and areas.

The hayrides are pretty neat and they have horse back riding available but I know some of the guys are like me and could not do it. They have a weight limit for the horses... affraid I think its 250 # or something.
They also have a horse camp for those that would like for their kids to get involved. It is a little pricey but from what I saw it would be worth it for them as it lasts a week.

The playgrounds are great also and they have full size porch style swings for the adults built under a little roof so you can sit and enjoy the views. We sat and watched deer at night in the fields and the stars are really bright up there. there isn't much night light and the camp sites are spread out pretty good. I took a couple pair of binoculars with us and the Daughter and some other kids took turns looking at the stars at night.
fisherpal2k
fisherpal2k
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  craigw Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:03 pm

When I lived in GA i went to Track Rock a few times. This is actually the campground that i grew up knowing.. They have or at least at one time had horseback riding. It was funny because the last time i was there i asked the older lady behind the counter at the checkin if they had a horse named "Poky Joe." She told me she had not heard that name in like forever. LOL

It may be a drive but its a great place.
craigw
craigw
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down