Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corner Shower.. water on the floor.

Go down

Corner Shower.. water on the floor. Empty Corner Shower.. water on the floor.

Post  chuck Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:03 pm

I hooked water up to my new2me camper today... Ran the water for several minutes and inspected under all cabinets.. every accessible area, flushed the toilet several times,..etc. everything looked good,.. no leaks.

However.. I did find a small pool of water on the bathroom floor, in front of the shower. I turned all the water off.. cleaned and dried the floor. turned the water on, in the bathroom sink and inspected under the vanity cabinet.. all dry.. no sign of leaking hoses or pipes. I even took the panel off of the shower floor pan and inspected with dry hands and a flashlight.. no water, no dampness.

I turned on the shower.. and almost immediately saw the water start to accumulate on the floor. It seems that when water drips down onto the edge of the shower floor pan.. on the side where the shower head and faucets are located,, its running off into the floor. I was able to completely pull the shower curtain around and cover the faucets.. and fix the problem.

But.. it isn't practical to have the shower curtain pulled that far around. Has anyone (with a corner stand up shower) experienced a similar problem? I am trying to think of a way to keep the water off the top edge of the shower floor pan. Any ideas?
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Corner Shower.. water on the floor. Empty Re: Corner Shower.. water on the floor.

Post  chuck Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:37 am

posted this on a couple other forums.. it may be as simple as the trailer not being perfectly level from side to side. An easy fix will probably be those shower/tub splash guards.

thanks for your help.. oh wait.. I answered my own question. never mind.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down