Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WALLACE RV REPAIR

3 posters

Go down

WALLACE RV REPAIR Empty WALLACE RV REPAIR

Post  chuck Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:59 am

I am getting ready to head out for work/training in Nashville.. so I will tell you more about my RV service call later.. but I am happy to recommend Dustin Wallace. He may be visiting and joing our little group too.

In the meantime.. click this link to visit his website:

WALLACE RV REPAIR Wallacerv001
www.wallacervrepair.com
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

WALLACE RV REPAIR Empty Re: WALLACE RV REPAIR

Post  chuck Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:24 am

My travel trailer had developed a few wrinkles on the right rear interior ceiling. Its a area about 10-12 inches long.. and about 5 inches wide. I knew this probably meant water was getting in.. somewhere. It worried me somewhat.

I am happy to report.. after a visit from Wallace RV Repair (Dustin).. I feel better about my "problem". Dustin inspected my camper.. the interior ceiling, the roof.. all caulked area he could access. The report: My camper is in pretty good shape!

Dustin was able to determine, with reasonable surety.. that the water is most likely entering through the screw holes where my awning attaches to the camper. He says the water (even though its a small amount) was dampening the inside roof material enough for the (water based) glue to break down.. and the inside material (kinda like wallpaper) is letting go where I see the wrinkles. (it has never been wet to the touch)

Estimate to remove cabinets in back of camper, take down bathroom wall, remove ceiling material.. then replace everything and return ceiling to "like new".. $1750. (OUCH!) I asked what he would do if it where his camper.. he said he would fix the leak (caulk).. and go camping. He said if the cosmetic damage (few wrinkles) didnt bother me.. I could save a ton of $$. Dustin explained that there really is no material in the roof that would suffer major water damage.. He says the frame is aluminum.. and the insulation is styro-foam type material. It will probably dry out.. what little wet might be there.

I am so pleased with his honesty.. He even went over the camper with me.. and showed me a few spots to touch up with caulk.. and explained what it should look like when the caulked area is "working".

I gave him a card with our club's URL.. and invited him to visit. I am hoping he will become a member.. and maybe we can open an RV TECH advice area.. and let him answer our questions.

Dustin has many years experience in RV work.. and has worked for the big dealers.. and now has his own business. I would call him again, in a heartbeat.. for any repair or maintenance work on my camper!
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:00 am

Glad to hear that you found a good rv repair guy. I hope he does join the board as our RV tech. How much did it cost you for the work that he did?
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KralCamper Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:54 pm

I'm glad that you were able to find someone that is honest in their recommendations, but could also do the repair if needed at a fair price. A rare find indeed these days. I'm also glad that you invited him to the forum.

This is exactly the type of customer service that all of us need in case we have questions or a real need for repair or service.

Great job Chuck!
KralCamper
KralCamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:24 am

coolbreeze1 wrote:How much did it cost you for the work that he did?

he only gave advice.. and said that was free.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:00 am

chuck wrote:
coolbreeze1 wrote:How much did it cost you for the work that he did?

he only gave advice.. and said that was free.
I figured there would have been some cost for him to come out to your house.
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:16 am

I am sure there might be charges for estimates in some situations.. and I offered to pay him. But he doesn't live too far from me.. and said it was not a problem. When I spoke to Dustin,. on the phone, he offered to drive out and take a look.

Had he done any actual work.. I probably would have taken the RV to his shop.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down