Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Closing Up Camp

+5
chuck
merrykalia
Crawford
coolbreeze1
Darcamper
9 posters

Go down

Closing Up Camp  Empty Closing Up Camp

Post  Darcamper Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:01 pm

Anyone closing up their camper yet for the year? Do you have plans to camp more or just when you feel like leaving?

Not sure if this weekend will be our late trip for the year. With the time change coming soon it will be hard to sat up late in the evening. That's the only thing that gets in my way of camping in October.
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Closing Up Camp  Empty Re: Closing Up Camp

Post  coolbreeze1 Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:55 pm

Not sure if this will be my last for the year or not. I'll just see how things go.
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Crawford Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:33 am

I just blow out my lines can't see wasting the pink stuff We do on the spear camping we are thinking of camping a Yogi bear in Cosby they are cooking Turkey for the campers at there campground for Thanksgiven any one want to join us Hiding on the Kids well at least we will try the only problem they now have a TT they might find us Very Happy Sad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes What a Face affraid confused
Crawford
Crawford

Back to top Go down

Post  merrykalia Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:05 am

We camp thru at least Thanksgiving - sometimes even the week after Christmas. We just do as Crawford does and blow out our lines, don't actually do the pink stuff winterization. We hate trying to get it back out of the lines in the spring. Seems that you can always smell it, even after flushing the system.

When we had the hybrid, we still camped up until then - but we used the popup gizmos on the bunk ends to hold in the heat.

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://community.webshots.com/user/merrykalia?vhost=community

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:24 am

Normally.. I wouldn't winterize the camper til late November. I think the best camping is in October and November. It would be unusual (in E Tennessee) to get freezing temps long enough to do any damage.. until January or February.

I am kinda planning a December trip this year.. but it will depend on the weather forecast. I will decide as the time gets closer.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:38 pm

My plan is to camp all year. I'll have to do something about water lines in the PUP for the first time this year, so my water heater won't crack. Tim suggested just pluggin it in during freezing temps. As long as I don't cook the water out, that might work. Otherwise, I'll put pink stuf fin and hope for the best. Crawford's idea of blowing out the lines might be an option too. Either way, I've got the refletix in the windows and am ready for some cool weather camping. I'm not going if it's bitter cold, but that leaves a lot of moderate weather to camp in. I'll likely make my "just after Christmas" trip down to South Alabama for deer hunting camp. I may even hunt instead of just camping.

Dave, I'm a bit mixed up. I thought you told me that it was really easy to "Turtle" in the Hybrid on the first night and then do the full set-up the next morning. Keep camping buddy.

Tim, I can't understand why "the mansion" would ever need to be put away for the winter. You certainly won't be uncomfortable in there, even if you have to stay inside some of the time.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:11 pm

Richard, when the slides are in, its very cramped. I don't know when she will be put up for the winter. No
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  "Young" Life Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:47 am

We are going camping over Fall Break and hopefully again in at least November. Last year we camped over Thanksgiving and loved it!

Spring and Fall are my favorite times to camp. Just cannot get into having a camp fire when it is hot outside. No
Closing Up Camp  35-65
"Young" Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:09 pm

Yep, you have to sit pretty far back if you have a campfire in the summer. I always smell like woodsmoke (from being close to the fire) during the cooler months. If every weekend could have weather like we had at Harrison Bay last weekend, I'd camp even more. Nice days, cool nights.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Crawford Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:15 pm

Yes Richard except I turned into a meal buffet style.
Crawford
Crawford

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:27 pm

Funny how the bugs only went after you and two of my three kids. You guys must be yummy to mosquitos' taste buds.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcamper Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:32 pm

We have decided to make a few more trips before the end of the year.

Chuck what are your plans, any written in stone yet?
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fisherpal2k Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:01 am

Well I have almost closed it up for the winter, but not just yet. Still hoping to get a trip in on a weekend or something. We had planned on a Thanksgiving trip this year but that has been shot down due to family illness. Hopefully we can sneak in a trip before long.
fisherpal2k
fisherpal2k
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Crawford Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:27 am

We are still going a little longer we have a least 2 more. But maybe we will squeeze in another one before end of year. Hey Coolbreeze we are heading to pine mountain Nov. 26 hot tubs and pool inside.What do you think?
Crawford
Crawford

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:15 am

fisherpal2k wrote: Well I have almost closed it up for the winter, but not just yet. Still hoping to get a trip in on a weekend or something. We had planned on a Thanksgiving trip this year but that has been shot down due to family illness. Hopefully we can sneak in a trip before long.
Hard to believe that it is time to close it up for the winter. I had hoped to have gotten to camp with your family. Maybe things will work out next year.
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:17 am

Crawford wrote:We are still going a little longer we have a least 2 more. But maybe we will squeeze in another one before end of year. Hey Coolbreeze we are heading to pine mountain Nov. 26 hot tubs and pool inside.What do you think?
I will have to wait until it gets closer to make up my mind. Thanks for the invite. Smile
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:27 pm

Crawford, are all your relatives headed to your house for the 25th (Thanksgiving) and you are planning your escape on the 26th?
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthWestyKim Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:30 pm

We just got back from a weekend camping trip at Cardnal cove at cherokee lake. The weather now is absolutely the best camping weather there is. The campground was empty almost, quiet,lake was shimmering and no boats, leaves were gently falling and it was perfect campfire cozy at nite.Carolyn and I really needed this serene setting, its been a hard few last weeks after her dad died. We plan on camping as much as we can this fall, even on Thanksgiving.

Kim Cool
SouthWestyKim
SouthWestyKim

Back to top Go down

Post  Crawford Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:18 pm

Well who knows Karen now wants to leave on the 25th.
Crawford
Crawford

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down