Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We really are nice people.

+7
abivens
merrykalia
Crawford
Gregg
coolbreeze1
Priscilla
chuck
11 posters

Go down

We really are nice people. Empty We really are nice people.

Post  chuck Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:36 am

I have been wanting to say this.. so here goes. I heard recently.. that some of our camping friends felt that "some of us".. just weren't "their kind of people".. and they probably would not camp with (some) us anymore. Lets cut to the chase.. what they don't like is the fact that a few of us like to have a beer or two around the campfire. That's cool I understand. Maybe if I had little kids .. I wouldn't want them around "me" either. LOL.

Anyway.. I just want to say.. those who I camp with that enjoy having a few.. and like the relaxation and buzz they get from the beer are pretty good people. No.. they are very good people. some of the kindest I know. They are not bad people. I like them.

I really don't want to offend anyone.. but if my drinking beer offends you.. it's cool.. I understand. Just camp a few spots away from me.. and wave when you walk by. I know its a "religious" issue with some.. and I understand that too. I am a Christian and have a relationship with my Lord too. Just because it doesn't appear to be like yours.. doesn't mean He loves me any less.

Anyway.. its getting way too heavy.. so just know I like all of you a lot.. and don't want anyone to have hard feelings.. Hey lets just be camping friends.. and go on!
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

We really are nice people. Empty Re: We really are nice people.

Post  Priscilla Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:34 am

To Every one;
You are right Chuck.
Every one is nice. All the campers I have met are good people. But some people can be Picky, Picky, Picky. If any one in this Beautiful world should get along, Its Campers. I don't care if the have a pup tent, or the biggest RV. We all need to get along. Lets Love, each other as humans, and help each other.

Thanks for reading this.
Tony
Priscilla
Priscilla
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Chuck, our beer cooler is your beer cooler : )

I read this when I first got home. I have been away from the computer since Wednesday and i wanted to say a bit more.

I have first hand experience with this. We joined a camping group several years ago. Craig's beer drinking was very much frowned upon. And, we had 2 choices. Craig could quit drinking so we could "fit in" or he could continue to drink and we could make the choice to not camp where we obviously didn't fit in. For Craig, having a few cold ones is part of his normal camping experience. To ask him to not drink in order to "gain acceptance" really wasn't an option. Camping is supposed to be fun and stress free ya know? Smile I didn't pack any beer when we went to Elkmont this past week, but Craig soon found himself making his way to Kroger for some beer. It's something he associates with the camping experience and thats not going to change. I very rarely drink. I never drink beer. My drink of choice is a strawberry daquiri.. I know.. a girlie drink Very Happy

Bottom line is we have been there and done that with the judging due to beer drinking while camping. Craig has not been known to make a spectacle of himself while drinking.. atleast not yet Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:50 pm

Well, who would of thought this subject would come up. Shocked I like to have a beer or two or four or more. I like cutting up with others and have a good time. Shocked
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregg Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:11 pm

I have found that alot of people that frown upon drinking are sometimes closet drinkers. Those judging us drinkers need to realize that Jesus accepted people as they are, although I am not religious at all, Those that are don't offend me. A few beers is not bad .

Gregg
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

We really are nice people. Empty Re: we really are nice people.

Post  Crawford Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:10 pm

I guess we be out of the loop since we got back from Fla. We had some people from Ct visit plug up water and sewer got me running from all ends of the earth time for a break but I agree will Chuck and all which replyed see you at River Plantation down the road Crawford
Crawford
Crawford

Back to top Go down

Post  merrykalia Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:21 am

WELL, I just really don't know what to say!!

Okay, yes I do. I'm very seldom at a loss for words!

Butch and I are not drinkers now...he has never been while I have been known to "blow a .24"!!! a time or two.

Since I was diagnosed as being a diabetic a few years ago, my alcohol intake has pretty much been non-existent. I usually have one on New Years or if we go on a cruise, I will be like Betty and have an "umbrella" drink.

I am a "born again Christian", but......

I will not judge another for their use or non-use of alcohol. I believe the Bible says that it shouldn't be abused, not that it shouldn't be "USED".

Now, since I have young kids, I don't want a drunk or an un-drunk cursing and swearing and making a scene of themselves. Alcohol doesn't mean that is going to happen, but sometimes it just exaccerbates the problem.

So, if you want to come to my TT and bring a beer or two with you, that is just fine with me, just don't expect me to join you. (I think it tastes and looks like horse pee!!!!) drunken I will be having a Diet Coke!!!

Okay, so much for my FEW words on the subject!!

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://community.webshots.com/user/merrykalia?vhost=community

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:29 am

Okay, can't help myself here....Donna... you know what horse pee tastes like? Razz

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Smile

not to make light of what you said... I just couldnt resist. Very Happy

I understand totally what you say. Some people are like ticking time bombs and alcohol sets them off. It removes what little bit of self control they have. I am happy to say that the vast majority of campers I have met have been really nice folks.

Back to top Go down

Post  abivens Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:39 pm

OK OK if it will make everyone feel a little better i will quit putting the Budweiser in Macy and Rachel's sippy cups, but daddys got to have his cold one!!! Laughing Laughing
abivens
abivens
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcamper Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:25 pm

Ok, this is really a time to relax and set back and have a cold one....I would rather set by a camp fire then take a drive down the road after having a cold one. Since I am a lite weight, it would not be good to in take more than a glass or two....sorry but I feel that if you have it at your site, you really don't have to carry it all over the place...Ok that is my two cents...
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tenndon Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:08 pm

I don't care about the contents of anyone's cooler or sippy cup. What I pay attention to is the person and their attitude. My impression of the person is based on the person not their drink choice.

I am also a Christian like others here have said. Having said that I want to repeat it...I am a Christian. I did not say I am a judge. I am not quailified for that position.

Now having said that I must add...
I don't want you to know I am Christian because I said so. I want you to know it because of my life.
So bring your cooler and yourself, just as you are to my campfire. You will be welcome anytime!
tenndon
tenndon

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:31 pm

I have a lot of people that don't like me, and I haven't even had a beer at the campground.

I'm not opposed to it, just haven't wanted one. Some day I'm going to shock Chuck and drink one, but I'm saving that for the future.

I am often camped right next to Chuck, and I have three little kids with me every time. They have no idea that Chuck is drinking beer.

In fact, I think my camping right next to him with three little kids may be his inspiration for wanting the beer. I'm quite proud of that accomplishment.

Chuck you may not be everyone's type of person, but you sure seem to have my kind of camping equipment for sale pretty often! I'm thinking a man like you needs a better cooler, so you can sell that old one cheap.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:48 pm

I like you Richard. Very Happy
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:00 pm

Now who's going to believe that on this board Tim? You are going to spoil our images.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:02 pm

Don, if Linda can like you with all that orange stuff, when her blood runs true-blue, we all should be able to get along pretty easily. (and we do)
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:53 pm

I was just trying to confuse everyone. Now they will have to camp with us to find out which is true.
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KralCamper Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:20 pm

Richard,
You have people that don't like you???
Couldn't have guessed that at all.

Just kidding....
KralCamper
KralCamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:31 pm

I am most definately not my kind of people. By the way, if you see me before I get back, keep me here. I need to talk to me about something.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcamper Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:42 pm

Richard I like the why you think, and it reminded me I need to go camping..........

See ya there Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:19 pm

How can I argue with logic like that? Shocked
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:17 am

Once those of us on the diet get our beach bodies buffed out, we'll see how many don't like us, ha!
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:46 pm

Beach bodies buffed out? I don't think the most experience auto body man could buff you out Shocked
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:10 pm

ok we're getting a bit out in left field.. on this topic. Calm down.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:07 pm

Yes, things do get a little side tracked. Don't they? Very Happy
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down