Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inspecting Roof

3 posters

Go down

Inspecting Roof Empty Inspecting Roof

Post  SouthWestyKim Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:09 pm

I decided it was time to inspect my roof since we hadnt since we bought it. I found a great you tube video on touching up cracks in the dicor sealant. My roof is stainless sheet metal and looks pretty good (wavy but good). Didnt notice any cracks in any of the sealant around vents and such but did notice some slight separation on the sides so I ran to camperworld and got some dicor to put on next weekend.Here is that video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzAjZbCEbLU

Last edited by SouthWestyKim on Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
SouthWestyKim
SouthWestyKim

Back to top Go down

Inspecting Roof Empty re:

Post  jb_simerly Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:01 pm

Thanks this video helped me understand what I need to do a little better on my camper
jb_simerly
jb_simerly

Back to top Go down

Inspecting Roof Empty Re: Inspecting Roof

Post  Crawford Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:09 am

I fought roof leaks for years IMO Dicor is a waste of money it drys cracks and leaks and needs to much maintenance. You better with Eternabond roof tape it won't crack, shrink, and lasts for years. The other is Liquid Rubber you mix with what come in box you roll it on or paint it turns to real rubber and lasts a long time. it will go on metal,fiberglass, you name it it really works. Very Happy Laughing
Crawford
Crawford

Back to top Go down

Post  jb_simerly Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:59 am

Crawford wrote:I fought roof leaks for years IMO Dicor is a waste of money it drys cracks and leaks and needs to much maintenance. You better with Eternabond roof tape it won't crack, shrink, and lasts for years. The other is Liquid Rubber you mix with what come in box you roll it on or paint it turns to real rubber and lasts a long time. it will go on metal,fiberglass, you name it it really works. Very Happy Laughing

Can you take eternabond and wrap it around the corner of the roof and the side I have been trying to determin which is better
jb_simerly
jb_simerly

Back to top Go down

Post  Crawford Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:00 pm

Yes, they also have it 2,4,6,8 inches wide and it looks better the the gooey stuff. Like I said I think the Dicor stuff is a money maker for them as the state you should go inspect it 2 times a year and use more stuff because it cracked again. Very Happy
Crawford
Crawford

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down