Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First time out this year, rookie mistakes!

2 posters

Go down

First time out this year, rookie mistakes! Empty First time out this year, rookie mistakes!

Post  Guest Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:22 am

1. forgot the camera, taking pictures with the phone.

2.water heater was getting luke warm at best. I, trying to diagnose the problem, took the drain plug out of said water heater, I don't know, I guess to see if a squirrel had crawled in there over the winter! Bad idea, the water in there is under pressure! Soaking wet, down to my shoes. Checked the breaker, it was fine... also, no fuses blown. This morning, I retraced my de-winterization process from last night. My water heater has a by-pass valve on it and I had left it open allowing cold water to mix with the hot water, resulting in luke warm water. confused

All is well now, looking forward to a day on the river, and Crab Legs for supper!

Last edited by Tennessee_Nomads on Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

First time out this year, rookie mistakes! Empty Re: First time out this year, rookie mistakes!

Post  chuck Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:08 pm

minor problems.. glad you figured them out.

Several years ago, first trip in a new 2 me camper.. we didn't have any hot water and ended up using the bath house that weekend. I couldn't get the pilot flame lit. Imagine how silly I felt when I realized (after we got home).. I hadn't turned the gas on, at the tank. Also.. the wife was disappointed that the camper seemed to be very shaky whenever we moved around inside. I hadn't put the stabalizers down all the way.. they weren't making contact with the ground.

We laugh at this stuff now.. but I still make a stupid mistake every now and then. I usually don't say anything and just hope nobody was watching.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

First time out this year, rookie mistakes! Empty re:

Post  jb_simerly Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:08 pm

getting ready to go on my first ever camping trip in a self contained camper i bought. Started cranking up the front to get it high enough to put on the ball of my truck and bent the stabilizer bars so bad still not completely right to this day
jb_simerly
jb_simerly

Back to top Go down

First time out this year, rookie mistakes! Empty Re: First time out this year, rookie mistakes!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down