Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Beach Campgrounds

5 posters

Go down

Favorite Beach Campgrounds Empty Favorite Beach Campgrounds

Post  Guest Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:40 pm

We are wanting to take a trip to the beach around September this year. What are your favorite beach campgrounds? We went to Topsail, NC for several years but never pulled a camper there. Actually we just bought our camper last May and mostly camped around here locally last year, state parks and such... We bought it at Tom Johnson Camping Center in Marion, NC. That's as far as we've pulled it so far. It tow's very well, WD hitch w/SB, but I'm still a little anxious about towing it a distance... a few hundred miles and several hours, 6 to 10, one way. Any thoughts... and encouragement... are appreciated!

Back to top Go down

Favorite Beach Campgrounds Empty Re: Favorite Beach Campgrounds

Post  Helmsey Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:13 pm

The wife and I went to New Smyrna Beach in 2010 and had a great time. We did not stay on the beach, but were just a couple miles a way, and the price was right at about $200 for a week. This is the park we stayed in: Clicky
It was nice a quiet, the beach there is nice, and it is a short drive to Daytona, Cocoa Beach, or Orlando.

I personally love longer trips, wish we could do more. I like to try and keep it to about 300 miles per day, but that can change depending how things are going. I think everyone needs to try a 2 day drive at least once just to say they have done it Smile

Helmsey

Back to top Go down

Post  merrykalia Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:25 pm

We absolutely LOVE Hunting Island State Park in SC. It is ON the beach and $27/night. Beautiful.

James Island County Park is pretty curb nice....we are HERE NOW.

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://community.webshots.com/user/merrykalia?vhost=community

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcamper Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:48 pm

We love New Smyrna Beach, we have stayed there two years in a roll. I am so ready to move there. Really. We never stayed at Hunting Island State Park but we drove through. Really nice. We have stayed at Huntington Beach State Park twice. I like it very well.
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Helmsey Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:31 am

When I was growing up I was fortunate enough to spend a lot of time in NSB, it is one of my favorite places to be. If I were to think about moving from this area it would be HIGH on my list of places to look. With other trips that we have planned right now I don't think we will be able to get back there until 2016, but that could change. We are planning a trip to Ocean Lakes in SC next summer, but that might be changed so we can get back to NSB.

Helmsey

Back to top Go down

Favorite Beach Campgrounds Empty My 2 cents after Vacation 2013

Post  Familyman68 Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:45 pm

Just got back from a 12 nighter to FL.   Stayed at the State parks...

Henderson Beach SP   ----  Best Campground and 1/4 mile walk to the beach 
Campground has their own side of the beach.... VERY NICE !!!!
(Favorite Campground of the 3)  Walmart is right across from the main gate in case you need anything.  Lots of shopping. 

St Andrews SP ------- Nice Beach, White Sands.... Shared with the public access, can get a little crowded. 

St. Joeseph Penensula SP  -----  No development in sight, No crowds, AWSOME BEACH and nice campground.   (Favorite Beach of the 3)
Familyman68
Familyman68

http://ourfamilytreks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  NaNaRobbie Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:41 pm

We love Huntington Beach State Park near Myrtle Beach, SC. We were there the first week of June and I'm already planning our trip for next year.  Love, love, love this park!

NaNaRobbie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down