Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
chuck
merrykalia
jb_simerly
Pinkdogwood
8 posters

Go down

New Member Empty New Member

Post  Pinkdogwood Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:40 pm

Hi Folks, We are the Thomases, We camp in a 2005 Fifth wheel, Alpenlite Villa. I was trying to get some info about Melton Hill campground and found this site by accident but was excited to find one locally. My husband retired by default when his company closed last July, but we are looking forward to spending a lot of time camping this year. We have been campers for the past 13 years, starting with a tent of course, and now the fifth wheel. The great thing about Tennessee is that you don't have to travel very far to find a great place to camp. I tend to like camping a bit more than my husband, but he enjoys it once he gets there. We are eager to see the camping season arrive!

Pinkdogwood

Back to top Go down

New Member Empty re:

Post  jb_simerly Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:29 pm

Welcome I think you will find there are a lot of us that love camping more than our spouses lol. Check out. Maybe we will see you at one of outings.
jb_simerly
jb_simerly

Back to top Go down

New Member Empty Re: New Member

Post  merrykalia Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:05 pm

I like it much more than Butch does, but he humors me. Hope to see you soon. Check out our 2 planned events....April and October.

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://community.webshots.com/user/merrykalia?vhost=community

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:24 pm

WELCOME.. thanks for joining. Where are you from? where do you like to camp?

I enjoy Tennessee State Parks.. Mostly camp at COVE LAKE, INDIAN MOUNTAIN, BIG RIDGE and NORRIS. I am a big fan of BANDY CREEK at BIG SOUTH FORK too.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:51 pm

Pinkdogwood wrote:I tend to like camping a bit more than my husband,
Funny.. when I first read this.. I took it like.. "You liked camping better than your husband" Like on your list of important things in your life.. your husband was #2.. right behind camping. Laughing Laughing I was thinking.. wow.. I wouldn't post that in public!

Seriously.. My wife has only been camping with me 3 times in the last 5 years.. and only once did she actually stay overnight in the camper. That was at CANEY CREEK back in '09.

Most of the time.. it's just myself and Max (camping super dog).
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthWestyKim Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:48 pm

Welcome to our group!! Carolyn and I have camped a few times at melton hill. Its a scenic campground with some sites overlooking the lake. Its very hilly though , walking back up to my campsite now with my bad hip I couldnt do.The lake has a large swimming area with steps down into it and a nice soft sand bottom. There is a covered pavillion where they hold service on sunday mornings. There are also basketball courts and a boat launch/dock too.Some spots are shady in summer and some are not.The Park really fills up fast in summer and is used alot by the locals as a park as well.I think I did a review on the park with pictures someplace, I will look and see if I can find them. Hope to get you camp with you at one of our campouts! Again, welcome to Volunteer Campers!!

found the pics/review and discussion on melton hill : https://volunteercampers.forumotion.net/t510-melton-hill-dam-campground#6732

Kim
SouthWestyKim
SouthWestyKim

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcamper Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:41 pm

Welcome and thanks for staying. We would enjoy having you at the club trip. Both Dave and I enjoy camping..Enjoy
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:42 pm

Welcome, Glad you found us... I just joined a couple of weeks ago. I think we can grow this site if everyone spreads the word... Did I see somewhere there were business cards or something like that to hand out and advertise this site?

Back to top Go down

Post  campencple Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:33 pm

hey welcome! Me and Doretta love camping as well and were very happy to find a site with people around our area. And sooner or later we are going to make one of the group camps
campencple
campencple

Back to top Go down

Post  KralCamper Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:29 pm

Welcome and thanks for joining our little (getting larger) group. Sorry for the late reply as I haven't been on here in a few weeks. It is nice to be able to meet people that love to camp in the area.
KralCamper
KralCamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down