Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting ready!

+3
Darcamper
merrykalia
chuck
7 posters

Go down

Getting ready! Empty Getting ready!

Post  chuck Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:09 pm

Just read the updated weather forecast for today (3/16/13).. highs in the mid to upper 60s and no rain til 6pm or so. Gonna go out in the camper, fire up the TV and clean up the inside some. Mostly sweep and dust. It isn't really dirty.. Freshen up. Have a few new decorations to hang up, etc. Might wash the awning and outside.

Is your camper ready to go? What do you nee to do before the first trip of 2013?
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Getting ready! Empty Re: Getting ready!

Post  merrykalia Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:11 pm

We are ready. I have loaded kitchen staples, so just add perishable and our clothing and we are ready.

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://community.webshots.com/user/merrykalia?vhost=community

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:29 pm

Very disappointed.. went out today to do some preparations in the camper.. and with just a few wrong moves and reaches.. my back goes out again. I thought I had this under control. Gonna have to go back to the DR next week. I don't know if I am going to be able to hitch up the camper.. and set it up once I get to the campground.

I hate to admit it.. but I may have to sell my travel trailerr and give up camping. I have no one to help.. and it seems my back is going to be a real problem. I hate this feeling of helplessness.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcamper Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:49 pm

chuck wrote:Very disappointed.. went out today to do some preparations in the camper.. and with just a few wrong moves and reaches.. my back goes out again. I thought I had this under control. Gonna have to go back to the DR next week. I don't know if I am going to be able to hitch up the camper.. and set it up once I get to the campground.

I hate to admit it.. but I may have to sell my travel trailerr and give up camping. I have no one to help.. and it seems my back is going to be a real problem. I hate this feeling of helplessness.

We hate you are having this issue with your back Chuck. Sometimes any move will throw my back out. Get lots of rest and walk as much as you can, lay flat on your back.

Still working on the camper, floor is looking good and will be installing the bathroom walls with in the next two weeks. Everything is out of the camper, so I will be organizing everything before the April trip. We will do a quick trip to check the camper in tow.
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  merrykalia Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:50 pm

So sorry about your back, but hang on. Back problems do come and go. How about a good chiropractor? or acupuncturist?

It might be worth a try. Don't sale out too soon. If you go a couple of years and can't camp, then do it.

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://community.webshots.com/user/merrykalia?vhost=community

Back to top Go down

Post  Helmsey Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:49 pm

chuck wrote:
Is your camper ready to go? What do you nee to do before the first trip of 2013?

We have a couple things to do before our first trip in May. New wheels & tires, new tire covers, new LED light strip on the awning tube, new vent fan in the bathroom, and add hitch to the back. Man, I need to get on that. We have baby #2 due in a couple weeks and that will likely take up some of my "guy time" at the camper Very Happy

Helmsey

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:50 pm

Coolbreeze came over for a vist Saturday, and helped me replace the drain hose on my sink. It went a lot better than I thought. Pretty easy job.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcamper Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:21 pm

Richard wrote:Coolbreeze came over for a vist Saturday, and helped me replace the drain hose on my sink. It went a lot better than I thought. Pretty easy job.

Glad you had some help and was able to fix it. Did the hose freeze up this winter? Did you have any water damage? Hope all is well.
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jb_simerly Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:03 pm

I have been trying to get out set up the ends of the camper and start cleaning/stocking it for a month but the it won't quit SNOWING the ground hog is a d@#- liar. But eventually it will war, I have faith.
jb_simerly
jb_simerly

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:42 pm

Richard wrote:Coolbreeze came over for a vist Saturday, and helped me replace the drain hose on my sink. It went a lot better than I thought. Pretty easy job.

Didn't really help, just watched Richard do all the work. Just needed to get out of the house after mom's death. It has been awful lonely here.
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:02 pm

Dave, I have not hooked up water yet, so I do not know about freeze damage yet. That central floor drain I installed might come in handy... Again! The sink drain replacement was due to my trying to use a dishwasher drain line instead of the industrial hose that can take the strain of the fold down sink and rub by the bunks sliding over it.

I also built a folding tv and electronics stand that attaches to the table. The television pivots and tilts for better viewing from anywhere in the camper. It gets the electronics off the table. It organizes all my wires and connectors. It is fast and easy, and it folds flat. I will post photos when I take it down and store it, so you can see how I made it. It was cheap, and works really well.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down