Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Memories of camping

5 posters

Go down

Memories of camping Empty Memories of camping

Post  jb_simerly Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:58 am

What are some of your favorite memories from camping. Mine are taking my youngest son camping before he could walk I lined the hammock with my sleeping bag put him in it tied it up and ran a rope to my chair every time he would cry i would give the rope a pull. he laid there for hours and laughed

Memories of camping 07061013

And I can remember when my dad taught me how to ride my bike on two wheels at roan mountain state park. Then this past summer I taught my Oldest to ride his at the same place

Memories of camping 08081110

But not all my memories are good. So i was camping with my dad and he told me not to get in the creek or he would give me a but busting I would never forget. Well I got in the creek and when I saw him coming i ran in the woods and hid and like to gave him and everyone a heart attack. To this day I can still remember him undoing his belt. This Giving me one of if not the first memory i have.

jb_simerly
jb_simerly

Back to top Go down

Memories of camping Empty Re: Memories of camping

Post  abivens Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:57 am

that picture of your son in the hammock is toooo cute
abivens
abivens
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:23 pm

Great memories! I remember my first trip with my Dad, and my first trip with the Boy Scouts. They can't have been as wonderous as I recall them being, but I'm happy with the distorted memory just as it is.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcamper Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:49 pm

Great topic and your son how cute is that, I can remember and never will forget one camping trip with my dad & mom and all five other brothers and sister. Until I got older I found out that the place we would camp at was by my dads and grandfathers moonshine steal. But we had great times, we was never allowed to touch it or go near it at all. It was just something to look at. One other great trip was we camped on top of Pine Mountain under a large rock that stuck out of the mountain. One of my brothers would wear a hat so no bugs would get in his ears (what a sissy). I braved it all on the ground with blanket, I was the one wandering around the mountain top. Love it!
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jb_simerly Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:10 pm

Richard wrote: They can't have been as wonderous as I recall them being, but I'm happy with the distorted memory just as it is.
well that is what i am shooting for with my kids great memories distorted or not
jb_simerly
jb_simerly

Back to top Go down

Post  Life is Good Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:12 am

I remember when my family went camping, this paticular trip I dont even know where we were but I remember my father gave me a hatchet, I still have it, and my son now is using it, and he put a watermelon in the creek to get cold. So last year my son and I went camping my wife and daughter could not make it so we just made it a father son trip, and that is when I gave my son the hatchet my dad gave me and also put a watermelon in the creek to get cold! My son thought that was the coolest thing putting a watermelon in the creek, he was playing around the creek and he came back to me and said, dad I think it is time to get the watermelon because some other kids said they were going to try to go get that green rock in the creek! So we went and enjoyed ourself some ice creek cold watermelon!
Life is Good
Life is Good

Back to top Go down

Memories of camping Empty re:

Post  jb_simerly Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:05 pm

Well thinking about a camping trip and thought i would tell you all this story. We were on our first non tent camp in my 70 something apache
Memories of camping 100_0010

And my oldest decided to tell ghost stories
Memories of camping 101_1010

and begged me to tell him one after much debate I told him the old Andy Griffith who stole my golden arm story the pictures tell the rest enjoy
Memories of camping 101_1012
Memories of camping 101_1017

you stole my golden arm
Memories of camping 101_1018

lol 3 years later and he still has not asked to tell anymore ghost stories

lol!

jb_simerly
jb_simerly

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:30 pm

Love it. MY oldest was scared to death by that "golden arm" story, and my youngest two loved it.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down