Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Camping ritual” or planning a “Camping resolution”

5 posters

Go down

"Camping ritual” or planning a “Camping resolution” Empty "Camping ritual” or planning a “Camping resolution”

Post  Darcamper Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:49 pm

I was wondering if anyone else has things they do while camping that are part of their "camping ritual” or planning a “camping resolution”

Our “camping ritual”
We always have an "arrival brew ski." After the trailer is in place, leveled, then Dave crack open a brew. Then we take a walking tour of the campground to check out the other rigs and camping folk.

Our “camping resolution for 2010”
I always cook morning breakfast on the stove outside when the kids are camping with us. I now have a griddle I purchased from Target two weeks ago that will make things easy, to have it ready with in 15 minutes. Also looking at Chuck’s way of cooking is in our plan as well. He cooks on the open fire and has very little clean up on his part. I plan to use foil to cook the pre-planned food so little clean up there.
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

"Camping ritual” or planning a “Camping resolution” Empty Re: "Camping ritual” or planning a “Camping resolution”

Post  coolbreeze1 Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:38 pm

If I had know that was a ritual. I would have had you a cold brew waiting. Laughing

Coolbreeze1 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

"Camping ritual” or planning a “Camping resolution” Empty Re: "Camping ritual” or planning a “Camping resolution”

Post  abivens Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:55 am

I don't suppose I have any, but I am fond of yours!!
abivens
abivens
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:08 pm

My camping "resolution" is to forget the way we did it in Boy Scouts, and do more pre-packaged, pre-cooked, easy and convenient food and setup. The Clark Family Clubhouse has all the comforts of home, so I'm going to use those conveniences to be able to spend more time playing with the kids and hanging with my friends, and less time fixing food and setting so many things up and then later taking them down.

I'm also going to let the kids make more of a mess, without letting things get completely out of control..
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:11 pm

Great thread..made me think this morning. I guess one resolution for the new camping year is to find a way to make things easier. Then stick to it.

The day before we go camping and the day we are leaving tends to be stressful for me. The getting ready, especially if all 5 of us go, stresses me out. There has got to be a better way Shocked If only we had a big 5'er with lots of storage Smile However, closet space in the TT is extremely limited. There has to be a way to simplify getting ready. I just need to figure it out. If it's only the 3 of us, it makes life a bit easier. And, there is enough closet space for just us. And, if we could keep our TT here at the house, it would make things extremely easy for packing and unloading. However, we have to store it.

So, making things easier for me is one resolution.

As for cooking, I don't do a whole bunch inside. Most of the time, I don't do any. When camping, Craig normally fixes a big breakfast outside. He always gets up before the rest of us and sits outside and drinks coffee. He then typically makes bacon and eggs. We have a propane camp stove that he uses. We also have a big electric skillet he uses as well. Some days we may go out to breakfast (especially if at Jellystone) and on a rare occasion we may just have cereal and/or bagels. Typically he cooks breakfast. He used to cook some killer breakfasts in the dutch oven. Lunches are typically easy. Dinners are usually something bbq'd. Craig does that as well. If we are going to be camping for more than 2 nights, Craig sometimes brings the smoker and smokes pork. He does a REALLY good job! I am hoping that he does while at Elkmont in June. I have it easy when it comes to cooking on camping weekends. Sometimes we do eat out too much though when camping. Now if I could justice convince Craig/the kids to do the dishes I would have it made : )

So, for this next camping season regarding meals, my resolution is for us to eat out less, and for Craig to do more dutch oven cooking this year.

My other camping resolution for next year is to spend more nights camping than the previous year and to camp during as many months of the year as possible.

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:54 pm

abivens wrote:I don't suppose I have any, but I am fond of yours!!

I guess that I am with you Alan, I have no set way of doing things. Maybe we can start our own. I'll watch you set up, then bring you a brew. You watch me, and bring some food. After were both done, we'll go and bug Chuck. Shocked

coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:23 pm

I like the part about anoying Chuck.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:52 pm

Richard wrote:I like the part about anoying Chuck.

Well it either you or Chuck. I figure that I wouldn't bother you until you have completed 3 successful trips with your pop-up.

coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:15 am

I also like to walk (or ride a bike) around the CG and check out the other RVs. But I try and get everything set up before I take a break.. I like all to be ready when I finally sit down in my chair with a cool drink.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:29 pm

coolbreeze1 wrote:

Well it either you or Chuck. I figure that I wouldn't bother you until you have completed 3 successful trips with your pop-up.

I may never do three in a row. It doesn't look likely.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:50 am

Richard wrote:
coolbreeze1 wrote:

I may never do three in a row. It doesn't look likely.

I have faith in you, yes you can. If not, then I would be looking into upgrading to something newer. Shocked

coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  abivens Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:25 pm

I like what you said Cool, we could set up, roast a hotdog and pop a top. Then we go rescue Richard from his collapsed roof. Just kidding Richard
abivens
abivens
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:19 pm

abivens wrote:I like what you said Cool, we could set up, roast a hotdog and pop a top. Then we go rescue Richard from his collapsed roof. Just kidding Richard

Now that sounds like a plan bom bom bom

coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:52 pm

abivens wrote:I like what you said Cool, we could set up, roast a hotdog and pop a top. Then we go rescue Richard from his collapsed roof. Just kidding Richard

Actually, no kidding! It would have been a short trip to River Plantation if you guys hadn't rescued me.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down