Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No CABLE TV in travel trailer

2 posters

Go down

No CABLE TV in travel trailer Empty No CABLE TV in travel trailer

Post  chuck Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:00 pm

You folks have probably read that I am a new WILDWOOD owner.. Last week I took delivery on a 2010 WILDWOOD 22RB. Its been fun this week.. learning about my new2me camper.. and buying a few accessories.. and getting everything set up.

Don't get me wrong.. I am, so far.. very happy with my WILDWOOD.. and feel blessed to have purchased this, practically new, unit.. at a super price. I am proud of my camper and happy I made the purchase. However.. I am disappointed that FOREST RIVER cut some corners on the WILDWOOD. I guess this is their "low end" line.. but I was very surprised to find these two things missing:

1. No cable TV input on the side of the camper.. thus no cable TV outlet inside.
2. and no AC outlet on the outside of the camper. Can't easily plug in awning lights.

I can live without these two minor things.. or can improvise.. but really.. this seems so petty.

I can't imagine why they would not include a cable TV hookup. Has anyone installed there own? I really don't want to cut into the aluminum siding.. but might consider drilling a hole in the floor and run TV coax into the unit that way. Is there much to drill through? How thick is the floor on these travel trailers?
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

No CABLE TV in travel trailer Empty Re: No CABLE TV in travel trailer

Post  Life is Good Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:19 am

I have installed several coax cables for Satellites and Cable TV's on older RV's. The way you can go in is the water line entrance for the water filters, or pumps. I have also went in on the gas line entrance around the hot water heater or find the 12 volt cable entrance and follow it and enter near the converter or panel box. You should be able to find a entrance hole somewhere then just route your cable where you need it. The RV's I have done were Holiday Rambler, StarCraft, and Winnebago. Once you find a entance point install a TEE into it for you can have a TV connection outside if you like. It is some work but just look long enough and you will enventually find a entrance piont. I have not had to drill a hole in the floor yet but there is always a first time for everything!
I hope this helps. Question
Life is Good
Life is Good

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:39 am

Life is Good wrote:I have installed several coax cables for Satellites and Cable TV's on older RV's. The way you can go in is the water line entrance for the water filters, or pumps. I have also went in on the gas line entrance around the hot water heater or find the 12 volt cable entrance and follow it and enter near the converter or panel box. You should be able to find a entrance hole somewhere then just route your cable where you need it. The RV's I have done were Holiday Rambler, StarCraft, and Winnebago. Once you find a entance point install a TEE into it for you can have a TV connection outside if you like. It is some work but just look long enough and you will enventually find a entrance piont. I have not had to drill a hole in the floor yet but there is always a first time for everything!
I hope this helps. Question

thanks.. I will check the possibilities. my TV antenna outlet and TV are on the door side of the camper.. I want to run it somewhere in the backside of the unit.. so I will need to route the cable under or over some things to hide it.

the easiest solution.. and I may do this in the short term, a piece of flat coax in one of the windows. they say you can open and close the window completely with this stuff.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down