Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 Kick-Off Camp-Out RIVER PLANTATION-Sevierville, TN

+10
KralCamper
Richard
Gregg
rconkin
Helmsey
chuck
Darcamper
Life is Good
merrykalia
Crawford
14 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

2013 Kick-Off Camp-Out  RIVER PLANTATION-Sevierville, TN - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013 Kick-Off Camp-Out RIVER PLANTATION-Sevierville, TN

Post  chuck Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:48 pm

well I am here and set up waiting on everybody else!
[url][/url]
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

2013 Kick-Off Camp-Out  RIVER PLANTATION-Sevierville, TN - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013 Kick-Off Camp-Out RIVER PLANTATION-Sevierville, TN

Post  merrykalia Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:04 pm

We will be there just as soon as we can. We have to let the kids go to school for a while, but we may come in a little earlier than planned. Putting clothes in the camper right now, already have food stuffs in.

We will be dropping the camper off at Natural Tunnel on the way back in on Sunday, so I am having to stock it with clothes for a week or so. Washing them, then putting them in there.

SO VERY READY TO CAMP A LOT THIS SUMMER!!

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://community.webshots.com/user/merrykalia?vhost=community

Back to top Go down

Post  S&LHOWELL Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:21 pm

We will there around 11:00 am . Need the time off and meet you all. How the rain hold off.
S&LHOWELL
S&LHOWELL

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:44 am

well it looks like the rain is going to wash out Saturday. So maybe we can all get together tonight Friday night around 730 or so around the campfire were all pretty close together. Very easy to visit looking forward to seeing you all here.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:53 am

Well, me & Rita should be there by lunchtime.
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  merrykalia Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:26 pm

It was great seeing all you this weekend - just wish the weather had cooperated a little more. The fire last night was a hoot - it was amazing seeing that many people crammed around a little fire pit. I can't believe I could remember whom everyone was when I was introducing our friends.

Richard, we really missed you, but mostly missed your kids!! Hope we can camp with you soon.

We will head out tomorrow for home and stop at Natural Tunnel to drop the 5er.

Anybody that has the time, we would love to see you "at the tunnel" in May or August. Plan a trip. If you have never camped there, it's a great place.

Hope to see everyone, plus a few extras (Richard, Allen, Kim) at Panther Creek in the fall to celebrate our anniversary. (That is just an added bonus).

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rconkin Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:36 pm

Karen and I enjoyed meeting everyone this weekend and look forward to camping with you all again. Maybe it won't rain so much next time.
rconkin
rconkin

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:05 pm

its always a good time camping.. this weekend's weather was maybe the worst we have ever had.. The rain really limited our time to visit.. Great to make new friends... JB and family, Steve and Lori, RConkin and Karen, Rita (Tim's girlfriend) Donna's friends W.C. and family.. hope I didn't miss anyone.

Always good to spend time with Dave and Darlene, Tim, The Crawfords and Mr and Mrs Trimmer, Donna and Butch and the girls.

For those who were with us for the first time.. hope you can join us when the weather is better.. we can have a real "group get-together" and have a great time!

(make your reservations for PANTHER CREEK NOW!

Here's a few pics.. sorry I didn't get photos of everyone:
http://www.hometownsitedesign.com/camprp201304.html
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:01 pm

Glad you all had fun. Seems like I remember a lot of fun at a rain-soaked fall trip to R.P. we all ended up under Craig's awning watching TN football on Coolbreeze's TV. I will see y'all at Natural Tunnel and Panther Creek.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

2013 Kick-Off Camp-Out  RIVER PLANTATION-Sevierville, TN - Page 5 Empty re:

Post  jb_simerly Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:13 pm

Well had a lot of fun this weekend even if it did rain. Nice to finally put a face to some of the names. The only real complaint is the mental picture I got when chuck and cool breeze were talking about going to splash country.lol also as most of you know I was up set withy 9 mile to the gallon, after getting some advise and changing my driving habits I got 11.5 which is better might have to try that when not pulling to lol. Don't know if we will be able to make the panther creek outing but will try had a real good time.and is is nice to make new friends want to try and go to natural tunnel some time when Donna and Butch are there don't know depends on if I can get the time band money.
jb_simerly
jb_simerly

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcamper Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:15 pm

Dave and I was happy to see everyone and meet new members. Even though the rain stayed it was a good trip. We will see you around the camp fire again. Hope to do Natural Tunnel this year.
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:36 am

Darcamper wrote:Dave and I was happy to see everyone and meet new members. Even though the rain stayed it was a good trip. We will see you around the camp fire again. Hope to do Natural Tunnel this year.

check with Donna.. about when she will be there.. and lets plan it. I looked up NT on the web.. looks like a neat place. We can caravan up there.. If I can keep up with Dave (he drives to fast).
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jb_simerly Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:09 am

chuck wrote:
Darcamper wrote:Dave and I was happy to see everyone and meet new members. Even though the rain stayed it was a good trip. We will see you around the camp fire again. Hope to do Natural Tunnel this year.

check with Donna.. about when she will be there.. and lets plan it. I looked up NT on the web.. looks like a neat place. We can caravan up there.. If I can keep up with Dave (he drives to fast).

she said they were going to be there all the month of may and august let me know when you go I was thinking about going myself
jb_simerly
jb_simerly

Back to top Go down

Post  merrykalia Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:58 am

Yes, we are at Natural Tunnel for the entire month of May and then again for the month of August. The pool won't open until the weekend before Memorial Day, and then only for the weekends. After Memorial Day, it's open daily.

August is usually hot, but after school starts around here (2nd or 3rd week), the place is usually deserted. Race weekend is usually pretty full.

You can make reservations, which are campground specific, but not site specific. Cove View Campground is the older campground and has 20/30 amp hookups, gravel sites with grass between them. It has a decent bath house, but it is old, but clean.

Lover's Leap Campground has large sites and 20/30 and 50 amp hookups. They are pea gravel sites and very little if no grass. It has a new bath house with individual shower rooms and a laundry.

Come on up whenever you can.

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:18 pm

Will knowing the camp hosts get us a better site. Pick. A weekend that is not Mother's Day and I am in for Thursday through Sunday.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  merrykalia Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:04 pm

Richard wrote:Will knowing the camp hosts get us a better site. Pick. A weekend that is not Mother's Day and I am in for Thursday through Sunday.

Sure it will!!! If you get there on Thursday, you can probably have your pick of sites. It's not really busy during the week, but the weekends will usually have about half the sites booked.

Memorial Day weekend is booked solid right now.

That leaves the 10th or the 17th. Either of those are fine for us.

Anybody else?

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wed May 01, 2013 7:46 pm

I am good with either of those dates. Who else?
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

wish I could..... but already have a trip planned for memorial day weekend.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcamper Wed May 01, 2013 9:26 pm

Looks like August for us. Still looking at the camping schedule.
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

2013 Kick-Off Camp-Out  RIVER PLANTATION-Sevierville, TN - Page 5 Empty re:

Post  jb_simerly Wed May 01, 2013 10:58 pm

Darcamper wrote:Looks like August for us. Still looking at the camping schedule.

If i get to go it will be in august got to much going on in may.i was thinkig about a week in roan mountain might go there instead.
jb_simerly
jb_simerly

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Sat May 04, 2013 3:40 pm

kind of wondering what happened to LIFE IS GOOD at r plantation? several people asked about you LIG.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5