Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last Camping Trip

5 posters

Go down

Last Camping Trip Empty Last Camping Trip

Post  Darcamper Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:30 pm

Has anyone have anymore camping trips planned for this year before cold, cold sets in. We are hoping to camp at Indian Mountain next weekend, just hope the water is on. If not has anyone fill their tank up once they out to the camp ground or before leaving home. I know some state parks will keep one water hook up turned on so it can be used. Open for discussion.
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Last Camping Trip Empty Re: Last Camping Trip

Post  Life is Good Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:43 am

We are going to try to go another time as a family, then my son and I will go bear hunting a couple of times this fall, when we go bear hunting I fill up the water tank before I leave the house and I have a generator to run for electricity. If I was going to a campground I would still fill my water tank at home because I have seen some bad water come out of the hydrants that the campgrounds leave on for campers to use, and I would not want to chance getting dirty water in my tank.
Life is Good
Life is Good

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:11 pm

this year sure was a disappointment.. as far as camping. So many good plans.. down the drain. I am probably finished for the year. gonna try and get the camper winterized soon.

as far as water goes.. If water were turned off at CG.. I would use the bath house.. and take bottled water for drinking.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  merrykalia Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:20 pm

We have one more PLANNED trip - may get in another quick weekend trip. Our planned one is for Thanksgiving at Pine Mountain in Pigeon Forge - Wed thru Sun.

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://community.webshots.com/user/merrykalia?vhost=community

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcamper Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:49 pm

chuck wrote:this year sure was a disappointment.. as far as camping. So many good plans.. down the drain. I am probably finished for the year. gonna try and get the camper winterized soon.

as far as water goes.. If water were turned off at CG.. I would use the bath house.. and take bottled water for drinking.

I know what you mean Chuck about "disappointment" wish we could have camped more this year.

Have fun Donna, We could try camping for Thanksgiving..
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:08 pm

Darcamper wrote:Has anyone have anymore camping trips planned for this year before cold, cold sets in. We are hoping to camp at Indian Mountain next weekend, just hope the water is on. If not has anyone fill their tank up once they out to the camp ground or before leaving home. I know some state parks will keep one water hook up turned on so it can be used. Open for discussion.

Indian Mt still has water on at sites.. and the bath house is open. Normal shut off date is Nov 1.. but the ranger told me he usually will not turn water off until there are 2 back to back nights of freezing temps.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcamper Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:41 pm

Great Chuck, then pack up and go!! it would be great, you still have the bug Right?
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:44 pm

Add me to the "good intentions" but not much else, crew. My kids are even more disappointed. "We camped more when you worked out of town..." They have a good point.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcamper Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:09 pm

Richard wrote:Add me to the "good intentions" but not much else, crew. My kids are even more disappointed. "We camped more when you worked out of town..." They have a good point.

One day Richard when you have our camper (which will be in great condition) when the time comes will be available. We didn't get to camp much either this year, to much going on.
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:57 pm

I still dream of owning it, Dar!
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member