Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What a waste of Money!?!*^~!

5 posters

Go down

What a waste of Money!?!*^~! Empty What a waste of Money!?!*^~!

Post  Richard Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:44 pm

What were you thinking?? Question
It seemed like such a good idea at the time!! Idea
What have you purchased for your camper that you wish you hadn't? No

or... What have you gotten rid of that you wish you'd kept? Rolling Eyes
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

What a waste of Money!?!*^~! Empty Re: What a waste of Money!?!*^~!

Post  abivens Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:09 pm

If I had it to do all over again. i wouldn't have bought the camper that I did. It's a little too much for us. Don't get me wrong, we enjoy all the amenities, I just wish I had bought something older, a little smaller, and easier to pull with my old truck.
abivens
abivens
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  merrykalia Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:01 pm

Alan, you could sell yours and buy Chuck's!!

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://community.webshots.com/user/merrykalia?vhost=community

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:55 pm

I bought all the stuff for tent camping that I couldn't afford back in my Boy Scout days. Most of it sits in the storage closet. I keep thinking I'll need that Coleman Stove and Lantern someday, and those mess kits.

So far the "add a shower to the PUP mod has been useless, I haven't even hung the curtain up yet.

Other than group meals, I probably won't use the Dutch Oven much anymore, since I've got the handy-dandy toaster oven. The pie irons will likely see action only when we have a pie-iron night on a group trip.

On the other hand, the most useful things have been: The 12-volt automobile style outlets, the Battery, The 12-volt fans, Wildfire, the TV and light blue lap-top case to store it in, the water heater, my green chair that's just like Chuck's chair, the indoor/outdoor carpet, and the set of nesting pots/pans/bowls/plates.

Even with all the trouble I've had, the camper itself has been a good thing. I've met all of you, and the kids and I have had a ball in Miss Danger. If this lift system fix sticks, I'll get a few more years out of the old girl.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

What a waste of Money!?!*^~! Empty Gotta' haves

Post  gwtriker Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:13 pm

Like Richard, we had to have a full set of pots and pans, muffin / cake tins, electric skillet, slow cooker and even a pizza stone; an electric grill and a bag of charcoal ... also extra fresh water hose, miles of sewer hose and fittings and an extra 25' -30 amp power cord. One day, with the tanks all topped off, drove across a set scales ... oops, was really pushing the max weight on the vehicle. Unloaded most of the 'gotta haves' and store them in the basement.

Now when we head out, we google the camp ground to see how much of what connections we need and based on a menu what cookware we need and only load up what's needed.

Was it a waste of money ... not really because at one time or another, we used all the stuff.

gwtriker

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:27 am

I do not think I have bought anything that I would call a total waste of money. Most of the stuff I have is from the house, that is not needed there anymore, but comes in handy in the rv.
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum