Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updated Checklist

4 posters

Go down

Updated Checklist Empty Updated Checklist

Post  Darcamper Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:50 pm

Now that things have been easy this month, I have updated the checklist for the season. This time I have added set up and take down section. The reason for doing this is to see what I can change to make it easier and faster.

Do most of you do the same set up and take down each trip? If so, would it because you either bring more stuff or less?

The more you have the more you do theory?
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Updated Checklist Empty Re: Updated Checklist

Post  merrykalia Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:35 pm

I pack stuff up to take, either take it to the TT or put it at the front door and Butch carries it to the TT. I like to do it because he just sits it at the front door and if for some reason I need to get in there, I have to crawl across all sorts of stuff. We keep ours set up with slide out all the time unless there are heavy winds or snow expected. Refrigerator is on, also.

I will load food in the fridge and freezer while it is set up. I put clothes in the drawers/closets, other stuff gets put in the dining booth in baskets.

When we get where we are going, I chock the wheels - because Butch always forgets this step. (Hey, Cool.....you aren't the only one!) Once Butch has the trailer level, I will put out the slide and start putting away the stuff inside and usually start fixing a meal (we always end up getting there right at food time). I will set up TV,etc. and Butch will do all the outside stuff. Usually, at least one of the girls has to "help" him, so it takes him longer! Elora and Jayda does know how to level it and read a level.

When we get ready to leave, I do the inside, he does the outside. I carry all the stuff that is stored inside in and he gets up the stuff that goes in outside storage. We can pretty much pack up, hook up, and get out in 30-40 minutes, no matter how much stuff is out.

That being said, we do need to switch out because I have absolutely no idea what all he does outside and he sure doesn't know what I do on the inside. I guess we need to work on that this coming season.

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://community.webshots.com/user/merrykalia?vhost=community

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:51 pm

My setup and take down varies each time, because I'm never sure what's gonna break and need an emergency repair. I like to get the kids riding bikes or out to the playground as early in the setup as possible. This is a safety and a convenience issue. I don't want them to be in or right around the PUP till the safety bars &/or boards are clamped on.

Other than that, it's about the same each time.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Crawford Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:38 am

Karen and I really don't change much everything stays with camper. We try never remove stuff which belong with coach so we always have what's needed. Beginning of season restock cloths can goods. She tells me she is in charge of inside mine is outside and say, yes Dear been working for 40 plus year. I guess if it's not broken don't fix it. Very Happy
Crawford
Crawford

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down