Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camping Accessories

5 posters

Go down

Camping Accessories Empty Camping Accessories

Post  chuck Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:05 pm

My side trip this week to CAMPING WORLD reminded me how much I like looking around at this store,.. but more times than not.. I walk out empty handed. I like the store because they specialize in things for camping and campers. Many things you can't find elsewhere. But, at the same time.. many items are just "fluff".. stuff I don't really need.. or things, like RV anti-freeze.. I can find cheaper at WALLY WORLD.

From time to time.. I see somethign that seems to make sense. I have been looking a this item for about a year.. I think it makes sense.. I think I will buy one.. or two. What do you think? Would you buy it? Would you get one or two?

here: http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/product/stabil-step-jacks/5416

Anything you been thinking about getting?
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Camping Accessories Empty Re: Camping Accessories

Post  merrykalia Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:06 pm

Chuck, we bought some "jacks" from CW a couple of years ago and started to take them back because they didn't work well. A fellow camper saw us setting them up and came to tell us why they weren't working properly. It seems that if you put one on one side of the TT, you need to put one of the opposite side. DUHHH!

On edit: What we bought were jacks, but they are used under the steps on the frame and the opposite side to limit movement upon entry. (The TT REALLY moves when Butch goes in/out, not so much for the girls and I don't know about me!!) When we first bought them, we put them at different places, under steps and under the back side. That didn't help a bit!!

Last edited by merrykalia on Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://community.webshots.com/user/merrykalia?vhost=community

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:09 pm

these are actually not jacks for the camper.. they are supports for under the entry step. I do notice a considerable amount of movement when I step into the camper.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  "Young" Life Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:59 am

my husband had some small jacks that he uses for this very purpose of under the steps. One side of our step could stand to be welded again so this is his safety measure until that happens.

My husband really wants the stabalization thingy Laughing that goes in between the tires on the camper. Do those really help??
Camping Accessories 35-65
"Young" Life

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:20 am

"Young" Life wrote:my husband had some small jacks that he uses for this very purpose of under the steps. One side of our step could stand to be welded again so this is his safety measure until that happens.

My husband really wants the stabalization thingy Laughing that goes in between the tires on the camper. Do those really help??
Not sure what your talking about, but I have the Bal locks. They go between the tires and wedge out, keeping the trailer from moving. I have seen some that were home made.
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  merrykalia Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:24 am

"Young" life - We have a set of home-made ones. If I can find our pattern, I can email them to you. I'll let you know if I can find them. I know I sent them to abivens after our spring trip to Smoky Bear.

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://community.webshots.com/user/merrykalia?vhost=community

Back to top Go down

Post  Crawford Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:30 pm

Chuck, Mr Trimmer steps failed because of no support under last step cost of repair was 400.00. But those were powered ones. If I were going to buy I would try 1 first just in middle first. Then if you need another go for it. Looking at price is why I said it a little pricey. I would like to do this also but clearance under step and ground a couple inches at most.
Crawford
Crawford

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down