Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloudland Canyon State Park

4 posters

Go down

Cloudland Canyon State Park Empty Cloudland Canyon State Park

Post  gwtriker Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:30 am

Has anyone camped in Cloudland Canyon State Park Question

gwtriker

Back to top Go down

Cloudland Canyon State Park Empty Re: Cloudland Canyon State Park

Post  abivens Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:51 pm

We have stayed at Cloudland several times. It is one of our favorite places. If you go, you must hike around the canyon, the view is incredible. The hike down to the falls is nice as well, a bit strenuous coming back up (there is over a mile of stairs). The park actually has a frisbee golf course. We took up the sport because we stayed there several times and I have developed into a decent player (my son has a better drive, but my short game is better). Cloudland Canyon is one of the premiere places for fall leaf watching, you have to make your reservations early. Nice drive up but it is a pretty good pull up the mountain, use low gear or turn off the air conditioner.
abivens
abivens
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:30 am

abivens wrote:The hike down to the falls is nice as well, a bit strenuous coming back up (there is over a mile of stairs).

Is helicopter service available? Yikes. I about died with the steep rock stairs on the hike we did to Laurel Falls.

These folks need what Natural Tunnel has. They put in a ski-lift for those that don't want to hike up and down to the tunnel. That lift ticket was some of the best money I've spent at a campground/park.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:48 pm

Had wondered where that chair lift took you to Rolling Eyes
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Cloudland Canyon State Park Empty Cloudland Canyon

Post  gwtriker Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:43 pm

DW and I and the puppies got back yesterday from Cloudland Canyon SP. Had decent weather (days and nights were in the mid 70's at least that's what the temp in the RV was). The warmest it got (outside) was 92, with a little breeze blowing most of the time. We camped in the West Rim CG. Sites were decent sized and fairly well laid out

Took a hike down to the bottom of the canyon looking for the geocache cache the Georgia DNR set up (did find it Laughing ). Hike took about 45 minutes to get to the cache from the campground and about 2-1/2 hours to get back. The trail and views were awesome. However, there were no fewer than 588 step steps to climb to get back up, in addition to the uphill trail between the sections of steps.

Nice campground. We will revisit

gwtriker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down