Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group Camping

+3
chuck
coolbreeze1
Darcamper
7 posters

Go down

Group Camping Empty Group Camping

Post  Darcamper Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:40 pm

To us it's all about the campfire, the meeting like minded campers, and socializing, having fun, laying around, no agenda, just feel relaxed.

Those trips that we do go by ourselves are relaxing as well..

Do you just group camp or camp just to camp?

Also is back yard camping a camping trip?

Is camping with family a group trip?

Do you always plan your next trip?
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Group Camping Empty Re: Group Camping

Post  coolbreeze1 Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:21 pm

Why so many questions? Why........I guess that I need to go camping Very Happy
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:02 am

I have gone camping by myself.. and usually have a good time. But I prefer knowing someone camping nearby. Even if its just to visit with for a little while during the day.. or sit by the campfire one evening and talk. I don't have to go everywhere and do everything with my camping neighbors.. but its nice to know they are there.
And you must remember.. my camping alone is different than many folks.
If I go on a trip by myself.. its me (and maybe a dog).. When some of you go without friends.. you still have a spouse and/or a kid or two. You still have someone to talk with and share things.
Only did it once.. for me.. it just isnt exciting.
Usually.. because of work schedules.. I have to plan a little. I am not opposed to a "last minute get-a-way".. but they don't happen very often.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:23 am

Well, my backyard is too steep, but camp driveway still gets at least half credit.

I like it when Chuck brings his dog Max, so there is someone to talk to from Chuck's campsite.

From Boy Scouts till now, I've never camped alone, but once, during the "Order of the Arrow" initiation, we thought we were each alone in the woods. Turns out the next morningwe were only about 100-150 feet apart.

I always plan to make some trips, but rarely plan the very next one.

When you are camping with three little kids, it's always sort of a "group" trip.

Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:44 pm

Well for me, I like to camp with a group. I can't have a camp driveway, since the mansion will not fit.
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  abivens Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:31 pm

We camp with groups or just our family. Group trips are fun especially the kids get to play with other kids.

Yes, the back yard is a great place to camp.

I am a big planner, I have trips planned in almost every month. I love to know there is a planned camping trip coming up
abivens
abivens
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcamper Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:03 am

You know your going to have fun with this group of people. Everyone is such happy people when they are camping. When I first group camped I really did not know if anyone would like me and I really didn't know what to expect. Then after the second trip I felt better and could relax with others knowing they just were the same as me.

Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:35 pm

The majority of our camping is just us. Us always consists of Craig, Meghan and I but Katie and/or David sometimes come along. We used to camp with friends alot but they ended up parking their camper at Claboughs permanently. We have done a couple of group trips in the past. We have met some nice folks while camping though. I hope to do some group trips in the future. I think it would definitely increase the "fun" factor.

We can't yard or driveway camp. Wish we could.

Back to top Go down

Post  merrykalia Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:26 pm

When we camp, it is usually just the 4 of us, but, we also camp with friends and groups. If we camp with friends, it is usually a loose schedule. We camp beside each other, but each unit makes their own plans, then shares with everyone. If others wish to join in, they go. The same goes with meals - I plan to cook something, they plan and then we just put it on the table together and everybody eats what they want. That can make for some really strange combinations, but it's still good and fun.

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://community.webshots.com/user/merrykalia?vhost=community

Back to top Go down

Post  "Young" Life Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:57 pm

Backyard does not count for us as we are usually trying to get away from the neighbors when we leave to go camping. Rolling Eyes

All but one of our trips have been with at least 1 other family. Our girls prefer that as they have other kids to play with. I enjoy having others to spend time with that I normally wouldn't be with all day and night long.

Our last trip was just our family and it was different but good. Felt more relaxed because we were on our own schedule for eating and where we went. Not trying to work it out with a group.

But we love camping so would do it alone and with groups.
Group Camping 35-65
"Young" Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down