Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great trip!

+3
chuck
coolbreeze1
tenndon
7 posters

Go down

Great trip! Empty Great trip!

Post  tenndon Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:09 pm

We have just returned home from one of the best camping trips we have ever had! Getting to meet up with so many members of Volunteer Campers on an impromptu event was incredible. We were made to feel so welcome! We felt like we had known everyone we met for years!

We camp to relax and enjoy time with others. We are so glad to have met some wonderful people to relax and laugh with around the campfire.

Volunteer Campers "YOU" are the kind of people we want to be around!!
Looking forward to River Plantation! We have already made our reservations!
tenndon
tenndon

Back to top Go down

Great trip! Empty Re: Great trip!

Post  coolbreeze1 Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:28 pm

Enjoyed camping with you also Don. Your great food was the other reason Smile
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:38 pm

Great meeting new friends.. You, Lisa and Tim fit right in!!!! Looking forward to seeing you guys at River Plantation.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:47 pm

It was also great to meet SouthWestyKim and Carolyn for the first time too! So glad you could come to Cove Lake!
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcamper Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:54 pm

It sure was great to meet Kim, Carolyn, Don, Lisa and Tim at the Cove Lake trip. It was great to laugh and have dessert with each of you around the campfire.

Even better was the surprise to see Richard and the kids as well as Coolbreeze. Sure was fun to fish with John, Lillian and Caroline (will post photos of their catch). Great to see Chuck, but I did miss Max..

We also meet Larry the guitar picker that was playing at his site with Chuck. Great to meet other campers that lived in an area that I have...Go Florida..

Chuck is another great guitar picker. Hope Dave will be able to play his guitar on the next trip.

Also we meet Ken and visited with his family and enjoyed the talk and laughter with his family.

We had a great time and look forward to seeing everyone at River Plantation next month. Thanks again for being such great camping people and it was a pleasure to meet each of you. Great camping Very Happy Very Happy
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthWestyKim Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:50 am

I would just like to echo Don's sentiments about this weekends camping trip. I cant say when ive had a more fun time camping with newly made friends!! I felt welcome from the first holler out of my name to the last hug when I left. You folks are truly amazing, your warmth, generousity and humor is a precious gift that I truly value. It was a hoot sitting around the campfire listening and laughing with the beautiful tunes of guitars in the background Smile Thankyou Don and Lisa for the exceptional food an welcome. Thanks Cool for showing me your mansion and "two" hanging shirts, lol. Thanks Darlene for making me laugh so hard my sides nearly spit watching those videos Very Happy Richard, it was great meeting you and your wonderful well behaved kids, Sam will always treasure her burlap bag, hehe.Chuck thanks for the invite to join this campout and to meet everyone.You are a great host and an even nicer man Smile Carolyn, Sam and myself had the greatest time Smile Volunteer Campers is the best!!!! cheers

Kim
SouthWestyKim
SouthWestyKim

Back to top Go down

Post  KralCamper Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:31 pm

It really was great to have so many come to an "I'm camping here, join me" trip.

To Kim, Carolyn, Sammie, Don, Lisa, and Tim, it was a pleasure meeting each of you. It really did feel like we had already known you when we met for the first time.

Watching the kids fishing was priceless and can't wait to see the posted pics [Dar].

Richard, I felt that if you were going to drive for 2 hours to get here, you deserved a burlap delivery, and by the way, nice mods. Tim, it's always good to see you, sorry you had to leave a day early.

Dar and I had a great time. I'm so glad all of you were able to make the trip to Cove Lake. sunny
KralCamper
KralCamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:11 pm

I hate to spoil the love fest, but there were some truly funny moments in there too. Chuck learned a lesson about showering at night (he can give those details). Coolbreeze didn't so much as eat a chip at my camper, he says Don's cooking is far better than my canned goods and snack foods. Don was up on the hill, and invited us all over for dessert at 8:00 on two nights, the dessert was great both times, but we've got to get that man a better watch! Chuck actually made a repair with Duct Tape! (I was so proud of him.) Darlene fell asleep in the sun and got a bit too much of it at once. Bread was the fishbait of the day. Jon-Jon caught a fish and was scared of it. Linda is a Kentucky fan (The few, the proud). Kim asked me a question about how something works on a nice new camper (I had no clue). Carolyn's tan exactly matches a FedEx uniform. Lilia got hurt, and when Chuck called to find out where I was, so I could come help, I only told him that I was camping somewhere north of Knoxville at Cove Lake. Tim (Don's Tim, not coolbreeze) made fun of older guys losing the hair on our lower legs. Caroline had me fix her scooter, which I did with duct tape, and she abandoned it at the playground rather than bring it home like that. and...

I still don't know where I'd be if I was standing next to you. I'm not even sure I'd want to. Thanks for a great trip everyone!

Oh yeah, just two more things: Kim, the burlap was from Dave. Dave, I stayed an extra day, till Sunday.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:26 pm

Wish that I could have stayed an extra day, but things can't be helped. Can't believe that Caroline abandoned her scooter after your fine repair job. Did, you ever find Jon's scooter?
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:54 pm

Nope, Jon's scooter is gone. Lilia's is the only one left, and it's bent and cracked. Looks like it's time to buy three new scooters. But first a little time to learn the lesson of not leaving scooters out by the road or at the playground.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:00 pm

Yes, it would be good to teach a lesson. If you do buy new scooters, I would let Lilia get to pick hers out first, since she still has hers, even though it is worn out. Rolling Eyes
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down