Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is camping over for 2009?

3 posters

Go down

Is camping over for 2009? Empty Is camping over for 2009?

Post  chuck Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:28 am

Are you finished with camping for 2009? I was in a camper dealership the other day.. and heard a guy say he was putting the camper away for the winter. Once you winterize.. are you done for the year?

I am going to winterize... because I don't want to risk any damage should the temps fall below freezing. I plan to winterize this weekend when I have time.. and while the weather is nice. I don't want to suddenly see a forecast for lows in the 20s.. and have to hurry to get it completed.

However.. There's a good chance we can have decent weather in Nov, Dec and Jan for some camping. Once I do the winterizing process..and familiarize myself with the procedure.. I am thinkng if I decide to take a little trip.. I can just flush the lines.. camp.. and winterize again. It might cost me a few gallons of antifreeze.. but it's only a few dollars a gallon.

What do you guys do?
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Is camping over for 2009? Empty Re: Is camping over for 2009?

Post  craigw Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:36 am

Im winterized..but it only take a few minutes to un-winterize.

I hope to go somewhere before the end of the year. If not defiantly somewhere over the winter. For me there is nothing better than waking up with a few inches of snow on the ground.
craigw
craigw
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  abivens Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:07 am

I went ahead and winterized, the pink stuff is cheap enough that I don't mind redoing it a few times I have to. Don't forget to winterize your outside showers!!
abivens
abivens
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down