Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halloween at the park

4 posters

Go down

Halloween at the park Empty Halloween at the park

Post  jb_simerly Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:11 am

On Oct. 27 they will be having trick or treating at roan mountain state park. We went last year and had a lot of fun. We let the kids trick or treat and hand out candy. They also have a competition for the best decorated sites top prize is two free nights in the cabins, but dont plan on winning those unless you spend a small fortune on decorations. there were two or three sites that had to have spent thousands to decorate there sites, thay were also several other activities for the weekend. We had fun and are going to try and go back. The only thing is it can be hard to find a spot there especially when they are having a big event like this. So I am going up op on Thursday Oct. 25th they were still plenty of spots available on Thursday last year, but filled up on Friday. Friday and Sat are half off rentals to help buy the candy for trick or treaters. Word of advise do not get on the bottom the campsites are nicer but it is a mad house down there would have to buy hundreds if not thousands of dollars on candy to feed the hungry mob of kids. We stayed on the top and maybe had 75 to 100 at the most the entire night.
jb_simerly
jb_simerly

Back to top Go down

Halloween at the park Empty Halloween

Post  Familyman68 Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:50 am

Sounds like a hoot... I'd love to go, but worried that by the time I got off work on Friday at 3 probably won't make it up there till 5, I might not be able to get a site. I would hate to get the kids excited and have to turn tail back home. How many bags of candy did you go through? Got any pictures you can post of last year? I was thinking about trying big ridge sometime this month, I hear they give night hikes with ghost stories.
Familyman68
Familyman68

http://ourfamilytreks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Halloween at the park Empty Re: Halloween at the park

Post  Crawford Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:27 pm

I hope the kids get warm dry weather Very Happy
Crawford
Crawford

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcamper Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:32 pm

This sounds great and lots of fun. Hope everyone has a great time.
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jb_simerly Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:39 pm

Familyman68 wrote:Sounds like a hoot... I'd love to go, but worried that by the time I got off work on Friday at 3 probably won't make it up there till 5, I might not be able to get a site. I would hate to get the kids excited and have to turn tail back home. How many bags of candy did you go through? Got any pictures you can post of last year? I was thinking about trying big ridge sometime this month, I hear they give night hikes with ghost stories.

yea know what you mean that is why i am going up on Thursday if you wanted you can bring a tent up on Thursdays and hold a campsite for one night they allow that. cost about 20 for that night. we bought like 2 big bags at sams club and had a lot left over. not going to buy as much this year and ill try to see if i could find some pics dont know if i have any or not other that just the kids and me and wife

jb_simerly
jb_simerly

Back to top Go down

Halloween at the park Empty re:

Post  jb_simerly Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:37 am

Well had time off approved for this trip 2 months ago and one week before 3 people quit and my plans are ruined this is the third camping trip this year ruined cause i could not get off work Mad Mad Mad Mad
jb_simerly
jb_simerly

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down