Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

St. Andrews State Park in FL.

5 posters

Go down

St. Andrews State Park in FL. Empty St. Andrews State Park in FL.

Post  Life is Good Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:49 am

My family, my mother and father in-law and brother in-laws family have resevations at St. Andrews State Park in FL. for the week of May 19-26, 2012. Has anybody ever stayed here and if so tell me the pro's and con's about the place. I am looking forward to the trip, we all went to Myrtle Beach last year and had a blast! We stayed at Myrtle Beach Travel Park the last week of May 2011 and it was a nice campground, Myrtle Beach Travel Park had some of the best bath houses I have ever seen in a campground, they had covered picnic tables at every site and the sites were nice and wide.
Life is Good
Life is Good

Back to top Go down

St. Andrews State Park in FL. Empty St Andews Island

Post  gwtriker Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:41 pm

We stayed there 2 years ago (site 124 - pine loop) and enjoyed ourselves. Sites are a little close ... sites that back up to the intercoastal waterway offer the most privacy. No sewer connections but park does have a number of gray water dump points. Bath houses were clean / well maintained. Lots to do ... fishing, biking, walking, geocaching and nice beach area / swiming in Gulf of Mexico.

Park is kid and pet friendly. Oh yes - there's sand ... lots and lots of sand.

We took 2 days to make the trip down (and back). Kept off the freeways as much as possible. Stayed at KOLOMOKI Mounds St Park (Blakely, GA) on way down and RDF St Park (Warm Sprinig, GA) on return trip.

Last edited by gwtriker on Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added info)

gwtriker

Back to top Go down

St. Andrews State Park in FL. Empty Re: St. Andrews State Park in FL.

Post  Life is Good Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:22 pm

Thanks! It always hepls having some insite on a place.
We will be in the Lagoon Part, Site 58, 60, 61.
Life is Good
Life is Good

Back to top Go down

Post  merrykalia Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:02 pm

Your comments about the cleanliness of the bathhouses made me think about Gulf Shores, AL. Gulf State Park has the cleanest bath houses I have ever seen. We both commented on them to each other and when Butch's nieces family came down and stayed a week, they also commented on them.

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://community.webshots.com/user/merrykalia?vhost=community

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:41 pm

I haven't camped at St. Andrews, but I've spent a great number of days there. Beach, Fishing and Scuba Diving (Be sure to use a dive flag). I love the place. It's where we went to go to the beach for decades.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

St. Andrews State Park in FL. Empty How was it?

Post  Familyman68 Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:54 am

I've got reservations for 2013 at St Andrews. Was wondering how was your stay this year?
Familyman68
Familyman68

http://ourfamilytreks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Life is Good Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:07 am

We had to end up canceling because of some family members health, so we stayed close to home and just went to the Smokies. I do want to go and try it some time. We have some resv. at Fort Wilderness for 2013 and on our way back we are going to swing by there and check it out, we will have an extra week to make it back home. We have no plans at all for where to stay on our way home, we are just going to drive untill we find a place to stay or end up in the Wal-Mart parking lot one. What a Face I have heard alot of good thing about it!

What dates are you going?
Life is Good
Life is Good

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down