Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

River Plantation -- Sevierville

+4
coolbreeze1
Darcamper
chuck
Richard
8 posters

Go down

River Plantation -- Sevierville Empty River Plantation -- Sevierville

Post  Richard Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:35 pm

The "security" guy told me and the kids that it would be best if we didn't camp there again. He was right. We won't. And it's a shame because they really do have a nice facility in a great location. The Picky, picky, picky staff always watching to catch you doing something they don't like was just too much for me though. It's a campground, not a church. They are kids, not old people that never come out of the camper. I just can't camp where they treat my kids badly.

It seems others have had similar experiences: http://local.yahoo.com/info-15018388-river-plantation-rv-park-sevierville
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

River Plantation -- Sevierville Empty Re: River Plantation -- Sevierville

Post  chuck Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:46 pm

It is a shame Richard... becuase this is probably my favorite commercial CG in the Pigeon Forge/Sevierville area. I am not a big fan of most commercial CGs.. but River Plantation is very clean, very pretty.. and they have trees and grass.. unlike many of the "parking lot" CGs.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcamper Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:20 pm

Richard, it was terrible that this occured. I do not recall any problems last year when we camped here, but things do change. Sorry it fell in your kids lap as well as yourself. Management should have handled that differently.

I did like our site though and having shade, unlike last year.
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:40 pm

The security guy was living in his own little world. The situation could have been handled in a better way. I hate to hear that you want camp there again.
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  abivens Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:58 pm

Oh wow, sounds like I missed it. A CG has to be very kid "friendly" for us to come.
abivens
abivens
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:14 pm

abivens wrote:Oh wow, sounds like I missed it. A CG has to be very kid "friendly" for us to come.
I don't think this guy knows how to handle a small child appropriately. What really got me was that Jon was using a helmet, while I had seen several kids riding without one, and nothing about that is mentioned. All he had to do was speak at the child's level an explain that you shouldn't be riding after dark, that you might get hurt.
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:52 pm

The campground itself is great. Good layout, clean, well maintained. Even the ice at the camp store was priced under $2.00. Still, the "security" people are authorized representatives of the management of the campground. I'm going to take the guy's advice that it would be best if we didn't camp there again.

If someone was complaining aobut my kids, it would be different. I think the only person bothered by Jon-Jon was that guy. He certainly needs a lessons in how to handle things. No one wants to be dressed down in front of a group of people, and again, and again. I'll camp where I don't have to worry about being treated that way. One night was enough of trying to console my crying little boy who didn't know if he was in trouble for riding his bike, being forced onto the security cart by a stranger, or if he was going to get his bike back from the security guy that took it from him.

I really felt like exploding, but the kids learn how to act by watching how I act. I really appreciate you guys getting me calmed down late that night so I at least got a few hours of sleep.

I prefer to camp in a place where I'm not being watched constantly to make sure I keep in line. Also, they didn't need to knock on the camper door and fuss at Caroline and Lily because I tied a line from my awning to one of the sacred trees during the storm. They could have asked where the parent was and talked to me. I was within our group's handful of sites.

No facility is nice enough to get me to put up with that. When I take the kids to church, I make them sit still and quiet. I camp so they can have fun. I'm not telling anyone not to camp there. I'm just telling what happened to me and to my kids. It's like the guy was arresting Jon-Jon and ignoring all the other kids that were riding bikes after dark. Maybe it was because Jon-Jon looks a little different.

Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:27 pm

As a trusted friend, I am sorry that this guy ruined your last night with the group. I have a feeling that he had never worked in security in this type of environment. He was just on a power trip. The biggest mistake he made was dressing you down in a group. He had no clue, if the group would have turned him. I hope that he will consider his mistake, and not make it with other people.
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Crawford Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:43 pm

Richard i'm truly sorry for what happen but here is a throught down the road on Wears Vally rd there is another campground call King's Holly heaven this is a real nice camp ground pave roads shaded new rest rooms and clean maybe we should try there next time. Nice pool and playground for kids and since roads are paved riding bikes a breeze. Crawford
Crawford
Crawford

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:45 am

Crawford wrote:Richard i'm truly sorry for what happen but here is a throught down the road on Wears Vally rd there is another campground call King's Holly heaven this is a real nice camp ground pave roads shaded new rest rooms and clean maybe we should try there next time. Nice pool and playground for kids and since roads are paved riding bikes a breeze. Crawford
Just checked out their web-site. Not a bad looking cg.
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  merrykalia Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:43 am

Richard, I am mad just hearing what happened!!! We definitely WON'T be staying there.....EVER!!

If that were my child, I would be sending the MANAGEMENT of RP a real nasty-gram about the way the security person handled the situation. If he/she physically forced your child in the security cart without your permission - no matter that they are security, they are NOT law enforcement - that constitutes "kidnapping" in every sense of the word. He has NO legal authority over your child unless you signed his and your rights away when you entered into the campground, which I don't think you did.

The security as well as the management needs to re-think how they conduct business or act.

I'm sure glad it was you and not me, cause I would have created a big stink, because I would have had law enforcement involvement in the entire situation and I WOULD press charges against both the campground management as well as the "security" person!!!!

Just my two-cents worth on the subject.

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://community.webshots.com/user/merrykalia?vhost=community

Back to top Go down

Post  Crawford Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:21 pm

By the way I kick of a email to park about the way are member was treated and it could have been handled differently if any one needs to sent a reply there email address is riverplantationrv@gmail.com I myself like to give both sides a chance mybe this Security person got a big head and did this on his own.
Crawford
Crawford

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:28 pm

He didn't physically force Jon into the cart, but ordered him to do so, and took his bike. Jon is 5, not hard to imtimidate a 5 year old.

I'll just take my business elsewhere, like the campground Crawford suggests. The River Plantation management can solve its own problems without me. I really don't care if they do or not, since I'm through with them.

I'm tired of the subject. They have a very nice facility, but need to work out their control over the actions of their people. With their location, facility and prices, they will have no trouble replacing me as a customer, whether they deal with their over-the-top security people or not.

I had a great time with my friends, and that's the memory I'll focus on. The lesson learned will be there in the mental file. I won't be posting further on this subject within this board. I will continue to rate the campground on travel sites when I visit those sites for other purposes.

Thanks for the support, but it's over, and needs to stay over. Time to move on to the next fun group trip.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:00 pm

Richard the thread can be locked if you want.. Since you are the thread creator.. its your call.

I know everyone feels strongly about this.. and I might feel the same, if I had children. I don't camp with kids.. so I probably don't understand. I like the campground for the reasons Richard mentioned above (and more).. and I most likely will camp there in the future. I am not crazy about commercial campgrounds.. but if I'm gonna camp in that tourist area.. its my favorite.. and I have driven through most of them. The others just don't compare.

chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:10 pm

Doesn't matter to me Chuck. I've just said all I plan to on the subject. I had no problems there last year, other than those caused by my camper.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:22 pm

Richard wrote:Doesn't matter to me Chuck. I've just said all I plan to on the subject. I had no problems there last year, other than those caused by my camper.
Well was this a successful trip? I mean for Miss Danger. I didn't see you making a needed repair. Shocked
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:46 pm

I'll address Miss Danger's current problems in the My Popup thread.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  mrtrimmer@aol.com Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:51 pm

none of my camping friends in ct. will be camping there Im going to try to make sure of that.

mrtrimmer@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:15 pm

mrtrimmer@aol.com wrote:none of my camping friends in ct. will be camping there Im going to try to make sure of that.

If they don't have Kids, they might like it just fine. It really is a nice facility. I'm just reporting my personal experience there. Last fall I camped there with no "staff issues" at all. It may just depend on the individual security person that's on patrol. I was told not to come back, so I won't.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  mrtrimmer@aol.com Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:08 pm

I think the campground owner should have done some thing about it right thing. things like that can kill his biseness. and Im just one person who read about what happend. an you right that is kid napping in my book. i know i will not go there.

mrtrimmer@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:36 pm

mrtrimmer@aol.com wrote:I think the campground owner should have done some thing about it right thing. things like that can kill his biseness. and Im just one person who read about what happend. an you right that is kid napping in my book. i know i will not go there.
You are so right, one person can kill a business. I think the security guy was a fulltimer with no skills dealing with the public, esp children. I know that Richards children are well behaved, but they are still just kids. I think this guy was on a power trip.
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down