Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disney Fort Wilderness

5 posters

Go down

Disney Fort Wilderness Empty Disney Fort Wilderness

Post  Guest Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:19 pm

I am doing the happy dance... bounce I just booked Fort Wilderness! Arriving May 24, 2011 and departing June 8, 2011. I think I am going to go ahead and book a couple more nights though.

FYI, when you book you pay for one night. You are not required to pay for the balance until you check in. You must cancel atleast 5 nights prior to check in in order to get your deposit back.

I can't wait... !

Back to top Go down

Disney Fort Wilderness Empty Disney Fort Wilderness

Post  merrykalia Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:51 pm

Great that you made those res, but will school be out by then for your kids?

Probably not a problem for your little one, but will the older one(s) be doing exams during that time?

Just wondering.

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://community.webshots.com/user/merrykalia?vhost=community

Back to top Go down

Disney Fort Wilderness Empty Re: Disney Fort Wilderness

Post  Richard Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:01 pm

Johnson City Schools are doing everything they can to avoid having to extend the school year, including some Saturday classes. Perhaps the others are doing the same. I can't seem to interest my bride in Ft. Wilderness when we can stay at a Holiday Inn free with points. I am married to a great gal, she's just a die-hard non-camper. Oh well.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:14 pm

I made the reservations as soon as I saw the schedule for Bristol City schools. My daughter Katie will have her graduation ceremony on Saturday May 21st. Meghan's last full day of school is Friday, May 20th. She is supposed to go in on Tuesday, May 24th just long enough to get her report card. It is okay to have it mailed. And, ETSU is always out before Bristol City schools. We check in on Tuesday. We will probably head out on Monday and stay in Savannah overnight like we did the last time we went. We like to get a few days in before Memorial Day weekend and before all of the schools are out.

Our school district hasn't closed as much as most others this year. And, we have 13 days set aside for snow days next school year. So, we should be set next school year should we get alot of snow again.

There is only one downside to Fort Wilderness... I hate pulling the camper long distances. There are some crazy drivers on the highways!

I love Fort Wilderness. I am so excited! However Richard, you can't beat staying in hotels for free : ) As long as you get to Disney.

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcamper Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:02 pm

You sure did get a jump start, we have never been here. Would like to, it seams are nice place.
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:14 am

It's always nice to have a head start on Fort Wilderness. For one thing, it stays pretty well booked up. And, it gives me a head start on figuring out the best days (least crowded) days to be at what Park so I can be ready to book our advance dining reservations at 180 days. Some restaurants you have to book first thing in the morning at 180 days out from your arrival or you can't get in. And, it is fun to think about and plan. Fort Wilderness is the best Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:23 am

Happycamper, be sure to bring back some mouse ears for Chuck. He is the leader of our band. Smile Smile Smile

Coolbreeze1 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:39 am

Sure thing.... I was kind of thinking that a Goofy hat was appropriate for Richard Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:19 am

happycamper wrote:Sure thing.... I was kind of thinking that a Goofy hat was appropriate for Richard Very Happy

You got that right. I not only have a Goofy Hat, I have an autographed photo of Goofy. So don't pick anything up for me. I even worked with a guy that at one time earlier in his career wore the Goofy costume in one of the stage shows.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Disney Fort Wilderness Empty RE: Disney Fort Wilderness

Post  merrykalia Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:20 am

We have always wanted to go again since we went back in the mid-80's when our son was young. I guess we now have 2 other reasons to go and Jayda will be big enough next year to give it a whirl.

We just have to wait and see what is going to be happening with Butch at the school and what programs they are going to drop. His may be one of them and if so, then we have to figure out if we can survive on his and my retirement.

We'd love to join you, but Butch is NEVER out of school until about mid-June. He has to work 10 days AFTER the other teachers - he's on an 11 month contract.

When are Bristol schools starting school next year if they are going to be out that early?

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Disney Fort Wilderness Empty RE: Disney Fort Wilderness

Post  merrykalia Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:21 am

We have always wanted to go again since we went back in the mid-80's when our son was young. I guess we now have 2 other reasons to go and Jayda will be big enough next year to give it a whirl.

We just have to wait and see what is going to be happening with Butch at the school and what programs they are going to drop. His may be one of them and if so, then we have to figure out if we can survive on his and my retirement.

We'd love to join you, but Butch is NEVER out of school until about mid-June. He has to work 10 days AFTER the other teachers - he's on an 11 month contract.

When are Bristol schools starting school next year if they are going to be out that early?

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fisherpal2k Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:51 pm

CONGRATS!!!!!

Glad you are getting to go back!
We really enjoyed our trip to Disney world,( except the being sick part) and Hope had a blast! Hope you have great weather and have a safe trip!

Which way do ya'll go? Noticed you was going thru savanah?
fisherpal2k
fisherpal2k
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:13 pm

fisherpal2k wrote:CONGRATS!!!!!

Glad you are getting to go back!
We really enjoyed our trip to Disney world,( except the being sick part) and Hope had a blast! Hope you have great weather and have a safe trip!

Which way do ya'll go? Noticed you was going thru savanah?

Hi there! Hope you and the wife and Hope are doing well! I do not know the names of the highways he takes. I CAN tell you that I don't like it and would love to go another direction. It makes me sick to my stomach to think about it, to be honest. The reason I don't like it is because we go though Sams Gap and then another section in North Carolina where the highway is like a roller coaster : ) However, we go through Savannah. Last time we stayed at the Savannah South Koa. I was not real thrilled with it, but it was for just one night.

So.... I would love to go a different direction : ) If there is a better way, I would love to hear it and maybe I can come up with a good excuse to go a different direction.

Other than the drive there, I am really excited to be going there again! We would certainly love to catch up with you and the family for a camping trip this season!

Last edited by happycamper on Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to keep myself outa trouble :))

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:27 pm

They have a half day on Thursday, August 5th and then start regular days on Monday, August 9th.

Their schedules are kind of "weird"... they have Spring break this year the week of April 12th - April 16th (much later than most schools) then come back and have 5 weeks of school and they are done for the year.

I hope you get good news on the job front. And, I am looking forward to seeing you at Elkmont.

merrykalia wrote:We have always wanted to go again since we went back in the mid-80's when our son was young. I guess we now have 2 other reasons to go and Jayda will be big enough next year to give it a whirl.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down