Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does your mattress sleep comfortably

5 posters

Go down

Does your mattress sleep comfortably Empty Does your mattress sleep comfortably

Post  coolbreeze1 Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:09 pm

Is the mattress in your camper sleep comfortably or not? Have you done anything to make it better?

Coolbreeze1 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Does your mattress sleep comfortably Empty Re: Does your mattress sleep comfortably

Post  chuck Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:23 pm

I sleep pretty comfortably in my little camper. The mattress is a vast improvement over my pop up. To help it along a little.. I have a memory foam topper.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Does your mattress sleep comfortably Empty Re: Does your mattress sleep comfortably

Post  coolbreeze1 Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:08 am

chuck wrote:I sleep pretty comfortably in my little camper. The mattress is a vast improvement over my pop up. To help it along a little.. I have a memory foam topper.
My mattress is a little hard for me. I would like to get a memory foam topper. Where did you find yours at Chuck?

coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:15 am

I bought mine at WALMART.. They seem to be reasonably priced there. I can't remember what I paid.. but at the time I had shopped around a little. You can buy different thicknesses.. and of course the price goes up when the foam is thicker.

We bought a pretty nice one for the bed at home too.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:17 am

Thanks Chuck. Do you remember what section of the Walmart that you found the memory foam? I saw one online at Qverstocked.com

coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:21 am

They were back where the pillows and sheet sets were.. maybe an aisle or two over. Back in the general area of the towels,..etc.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:26 am

chuck wrote:They were back where the pillows and sheet sets were.. maybe an aisle or two over. Back in the general area of the towels,..etc.
Thanks again. I have to go to Walmart tomorrow, will try to find them.

coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:03 am

I am not real happy with the mattress in our TT. Granted, I have to be really careful of exactly how I sleep.. the right number of pillows, etc. so that my neck doesn't end up hurting more. However, our mattress is so dang hard. We bought a really nice mattress topper (I think it came from Sams Club?) and it is still too hard for me. Craig is happy with the way it is though. I have actually been thinking of adding another mattress topper to it or something this season.

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:56 pm

My PUP still has the original foam special in it. I added one of those eggcrate thingsy under it, but it flatttened out pretty quickly and wasn't much help. The fold down couch had the same foam, and it was more comfortable.

Dave showed me the brace he made to sit on the tounge and I made one. It holds the bunk flat, and that helped more than anything so far. I've put the refletix under it and refletix is just bubble wrap with foil on both sides, so that will be a tiny bit more.

There is a "foam outlet" in Hendersonville, just off I-26 that is a lot cheaper than the box stores. They custom cut the foam for you, and have every density and composition you can think of, including memory foam.

I'm going there to get new "insides" for my bunk end mattresses. I like the covers that are there, but don't like the particular cheap foam I have in them. I can't add to the thickness, as it wouldn't fit in the cover, and I'm pretty stacked up now with all the refletix in the windows having to fold down on top of the bunks when I pop down.

I'm planning on going down and getting the foam pretty soon, as finances allow, but hate to drive two hours each way just for that. Perhaps I can steal the memory foam topper from the bed at home for one trip, to see how much difference it would make. I keep thinking I'll have to go down I-26 for a business trip, and pick it up on the way. It's just off the interstate.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcamper Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:29 pm

Since our HTT beds fold three ways, I have added the foam to the top. We haven't slept on this yet to see if it will help or not.
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:05 pm

Richard, I wouldn't say steal, rather relocate it to the PUP. Let me know when your planning on going to Hendersonville.

coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:20 pm

Went by Walmart today. They had a 4in memorey foam topper for $124.

coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:56 pm

I think mine is a 2 inch... Seems like maybe I paid about $40.. it's a double bed size. I bought the "El-Cheapo" off brand.. but it works just fine. I am going to the local WALLY WORLD afterwhile.. I'll try and check them out.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:51 pm

coolbreeze1 wrote:Went by Walmart today. They had a 4in memorey foam topper for $124.

$124 is a bit out of my league. Then again, my whole mattress is only 4 inches. The one on the bed at home is only the two-inch version like chuck describes.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:11 pm

Richard wrote:
coolbreeze1 wrote:Went by Walmart today. They had a 4in memorey foam topper for $124.

$124 is a bit out of my league. Then again, my whole mattress is only 4 inches. The one on the bed at home is only the two-inch version like chuck describes.
$124 is also out of my league. If I have enough adult beverages before bedtime, I sleep perfectly. Sleep Sleep Sleep

Coolbreeze Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcamper Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:04 pm

The one I picked up was around $40, we will know more on our trip if it makes a difference
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  craigw Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:39 pm

I added a Feather Bed to mine and it was a vast improvement. Ive wanted to get a Select Comfort for the camper but just have not broken down as of yet. But who knows. I have one at home and its awesome.
craigw
craigw
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down