Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The joys of having a camper...

2 posters

Go down

The joys of having a camper... Empty The joys of having a camper...

Post  Guest Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:44 pm

We just got back from taking Meghan on a surprise trip to Wilderness at the Smokies. She was so surprised! She really enjoyed the indoor waterpark. What I didn't enjoy was the room. The beds were so hard that even Meghan didn't like them. The trip really reminded me of how much I love my camper and how much I love being able to take my own bed with me wherever I want to go Very Happy

I can't wait to get this season started!

Back to top Go down

Post  merrykalia Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:49 am

I dread when we have to go somewhere and stay in a hotel. I just hate thinking about who was sleeping in the bed (and what they were doing) and I know the bedspreads/blankets hadn't been washed. As soon as I get in a room, I strip the bed, look at the mattress, spray it with Lysol (yes, I carry it with me), then put the sheets back on. I do NOT under any circumstances put the blankets/bedspread back on. They are placed in the closet. If it's cool, I will go to the car and get a blanket out of the car to use. We usually take our own pillows anyway.

My TT may not always have clean sheets on it, but I KNOW who has been sleeping in it and what has been done there - on the sheets and/or the bedspread/blankets.

I'm with you.....can't wait for THE SEASON!!

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://community.webshots.com/user/merrykalia?vhost=community

Back to top Go down

The joys of having a camper... Empty Re: The joys of having a camper...

Post  Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:47 am

I hear ya! I frequent trip advisor when I am thinking about going somewhere.. I have read some horror stories about hotel rooms.

I thought Spring had sprung, but looks like a return to winter here...

Back to top Go down

Post  KralCamper Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:59 pm

We also usually bring our own blankets as well as sheets if we are staying in a hotel. With the camper, it's so good to be able to bring your own bed with you on a trip somewhere. We love the outdoors and being around nature, but there are times when staying in a hotel is unavoidable.

This is a great post to give us something to discuss while thinking about spring's (hopefully soon) arrival. Thanks
KralCamper
KralCamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  merrykalia Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:19 pm

Another great thing about having a camper when you are vacationing is that you can do MORE because you are spending less. We will almost ALWAYS fix breakfast at the camper instead of dining out, I use the crockpot a lot for dinners. If we can, we will come back to the camper for lunches, too. It's much cheaper, but also, MUCH heathier.

Now, we do like to go out and eat, but I like "FINE" dining, not fast food!!

We figure if we only eat out a couple of times in a week, we can afford to have a nice dinner.

With Butch teaching, although he is on an 11 month contract, he will usually get off 5-6 weeks, so we can do some travelling. Now that I'm not working, we plan to use all of it SOMEWHERE!!

The girls still feel at home even when we are away.

Yeah, I LOVE my camper!!!!

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://community.webshots.com/user/merrykalia?vhost=community

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:49 am

We absolutely loved having our camper when we went to Disney! You do have the added bonus of having a meal or two at the camper. Plus, it was nice to come back to our own beds at the end of a hectic day. I think it made it easier for Meghan to calm down and rest. I couldnt imagine doing Disney any other way. We are planning on going next year, probably right when school is out.

Donna, I would love to hear some of your favorite crockpot recipes. This year I am hoping to eat out alot less and cook alot more at the campground. Craig gets about 5 weeks vacation a year as well.

I am so ready to get this season started. We are totally changing our camping style this season and I think it is going to be a great. I sure hope that Spring is here for our Easter weekend trip...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down