Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much $$ for an RV

5 posters

Go down

How much $$ for an RV Empty How much $$ for an RV

Post  chuck Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:59 pm

Usually people say "if money were no object".. what kind of camper would you want. But.. for most all of us.. money is an object. So if you were going to buy a camper,.. really.. what price range would be your limit?

Would you only buy what you could pay cash for.. or would you buy on payments?

For me.. I think $20,000 would be my limit, new or used. I would also prefer to keep payments under $200 per month.. and would not want to finance for more than 5 or 6 years.

Right now.. I am way under those figures with my used Jayco.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

How much $$ for an RV Empty Re: How much $$ for an RV

Post  coolbreeze1 Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:53 pm

I don't know how to answer this question since I just made a purchase in the last of 07. It would depend if I had a good paying job, and if I really wanted something better than I have. This economy has put a damper on alot of things that I would like to have.

Coolbreeze1 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcamper Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:36 pm

I would go for $20,000 for a New RV, but if it is cash that would even be better. I don't think I could pay for something that I really didn't use often. I wouldn't like working to pay for a RV and not get to camp. And right now would be the why it would be.
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:43 pm

So far, my limit seems to be $2,600 plus mods. I'm thinking that when Chuck buys his $20,000 dream castle, I'll try to buy his TT and then sell my PP (Porta Potty). Just like he did!
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:04 pm

Richard wrote:So far, my limit seems to be $2,600 plus mods. I'm thinking that when Chuck buys his $20,000 dream castle, I'll try to buy his TT and then sell my PP (Porta Potty). Just like he did!
Well the PP will be more than slightly used Evil or Very Mad

coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:06 pm

coolbreeze1 wrote:
Richard wrote:So far, my limit seems to be $2,600 plus mods. I'm thinking that when Chuck buys his $20,000 dream castle, I'll try to buy his TT and then sell my PP (Porta Potty). Just like he did!
Well the PP will be more than slightly used Evil or Very Mad

Now that would be TMI, lol! Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  craigw Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:44 pm

Probably not the best topic for me to reply to. For me...money is an object but also enjoyment is also an object. So for me i take both of those into consideration. One thing that some may not realize is that some campers you can write off with uncle sam. But only if you have loan on it. I am a firm believer in not to give uncle sam anymore than necessary. So it may be small but its a little bit back at him. I, like many have dream RV's. My dream RV would be a EarthRoamer. Simply its an F450 off-road off-road off-road off-road self contained Fallout protected RV. Yea it may be a bit over the top but i like it. I would take that over a Class A any day. So with all of that said its very hard to say if i would have a cap. My cap would be based on what I, at the time feel is a wise decision. Right now is not the best time with many jobs and the economy so iffy. A few years ago we all were in a better shape. I would image that then many would purchase more than they would today. Im thinking anything under 50k is good but then i'm not exactly going out today and buying.
craigw
craigw
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:50 pm

craigw wrote: I, like many have dream RV's. My dream RV would be a EarthRoamer. Simply its an F450 off-road off-road off-road off-road self contained Fallout protected RV. Yea it may be a bit over the top but i like it.

Uh, Craig, fallout protected? Do you know something we should all know? I doubt the Space Blankets Chuck gave me for my bunk ends would be much protection against nuclear fallout, nor would the refletix in the windows. Just how far off road are you planning on going. This sounds like a fun trip!!!!! farao
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcamper Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:51 pm

craigw wrote:Probably not the best topic for me to reply to. For me...money is an object but also enjoyment is also an object. So for me i take both of those into consideration. One thing that some may not realize is that some campers you can write off with uncle sam. But only if you have loan on it. I am a firm believer in not to give uncle sam anymore than necessary. So it may be small but its a little bit back at him. I, like many have dream RV's. My dream RV would be a EarthRoamer. Simply its an F450 off-road off-road off-road off-road self contained Fallout protected RV. Yea it may be a bit over the top but i like it. I would take that over a Class A any day. So with all of that said its very hard to say if i would have a cap. My cap would be based on what I, at the time feel is a wise decision. Right now is not the best time with many jobs and the economy so iffy. A few years ago we all were in a better shape. I would image that then many would purchase more than they would today. Im thinking anything under 50k is good but then i'm not exactly going out today and buying.

Gee... you have got it!!!!
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  craigw Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:03 pm

Well, don't know anything but who does? LOL

How much $$ for an RV 4316888671_d5b3f1dc08
craigw
craigw