Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunting Island State Park, South Carolina July 2009

Go down

Hunting Island State Park, South Carolina July 2009 Empty Hunting Island State Park, South Carolina July 2009

Post  merrykalia Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:13 am

Here are my pics of Hunting Island, SC this past summer. We camped on site # 128 with friends. They put their tent inside our screen tent (teepee). Mosquitoes are HORRIBLE, but the place is fantastic.

Hunting Island State Park, South Carolina July 2009 2969722090104773337prkUyU_th

Just click on the pic and it will take you to webshots.

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://community.webshots.com/user/merrykalia?vhost=community

Back to top Go down

Hunting Island State Park, South Carolina July 2009 Empty Re: Hunting Island State Park, South Carolina July 2009

Post  Guest Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:55 am

Great pics. I love the deer! I hope to get there one day

Back to top Go down

Hunting Island State Park, South Carolina July 2009 Empty Deer

Post  merrykalia Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:09 am

The brown headed children belong to our friends - mine are the blondes - the little one and the one in the blue shirt.

It is SOOO cool, the deer come by "on schedule" every afternoon. If you feed them once, they will come back every day. They are kinda skittish, but if you approach them slowly, they will eat out of your hand.

I have bunches more pics that include the lighthouse and some of the beach pics. I will send you a link to them - they are on my Walmart site.

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://community.webshots.com/user/merrykalia?vhost=community

Back to top Go down

Hunting Island State Park, South Carolina July 2009 Empty Re: Hunting Island State Park, South Carolina July 2009

Post  Guest Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:24 am

Thanks. I will look at them. We have deer in our neighborhood often. However, they are definitely not approachable. Not too long ago, our subdivision was on the news because we had bears. One of the neighbors got quite a shock one morning. I got tired of the trash cans being knocked over by it. But, it was kind of cool. : )

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:17 am

Loved the pics. Thinks for sending me the link. What a great place! BTW, the girls are so cute! The pics have me ready to plan a beach trip. We were going to skip this year. Don't think I can. I wish I could live near the Ocean and the Mountains. I don't think I could get Craig to go Hunting though. I barely get him to go to Myrtle. He gets so bored at the beach. He was in the Navy and out on a ship for too long he says. So we compromise.. I get the beach but we have stuff to do to keep him happy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down