Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tri-Cities area campgrounds

Go down

Tri-Cities area campgrounds Empty Tri-Cities area campgrounds

Post  Guest Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:41 pm

Richard, have you checked out Natural Tunnel State Park? We were there a couple of years ago. We enjoyed it. They are in the process of adding some more sites. We will probably go once next season.

Have you been to Roan Mountain SP? We haven't been there in a couple of years. We took our very first camping trip there. We loved it. I hope to get there this next season. Problem is, it is very hard to get a site there. You normally need to get there on a monday to have a site for the next weekend.

There is a campground at Sugar Hollow Park which is at exit 7 in Bristol. They seem to have some nice sites. They have a great playground down in the park.

How about Hungry Mother State Park? They have a nice loop in the park. Our camper is too big. We would need to stay outside at Camp Burson. It is a really nice park!

We love Grindstone! It is so peaceful. Your kids might get bored though. You can't even get a cell signal there.

Back to top Go down

Tri-Cities area campgrounds Empty Re: Tri-Cities area campgrounds

Post  Richard Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:05 pm

I've been to Natural Tunnel and to Roan Mountain, but haven't camped at either. I did stay in one of the cabins in the winter though. It was great! Thee are so many good campgrounds around here. Still, Warrior's Path is my favorite. We go there just to play, but the kids really like it when we spend the night. They like to listen to the train that goes through several times per night, and they like the hiking trails that run along the lake behind the campground.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:07 pm

I have to get to Warriors! Roan is really neat if you can get there in June for the Rhododendron Festival.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down