Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's Your Dream Camping Trip

+3
chuck
abivens
Richard
7 posters

Go down

What's Your Dream Camping Trip Empty What's Your Dream Camping Trip

Post  Richard Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:23 am

If you could camp with anyone, anywhere, even if it's a historical or fantasy character, who would it be, where would you camp, and what would you do there?

For me, it would be one more tent camping trip with my Dad (He's no longer alive) with conditions just like we had 40 years ago. We took a small boat up a backwater and hunted and fished for our supper. We made camp just anyplace that looked good. Those were good times, and I'd love to have them beyond my memories. It makes me feel good just to remember those trips.

Wait, I have another. Same trip, but me in my Dad's role and Jon Jon in my role. I can make that one happen to some degree.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

What's Your Dream Camping Trip Empty Re: What's Your Dream Camping Trip

Post  abivens Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:05 am

I would love to take the family to Glacier National Park, and since we are dreaming, it would be in a vintage class A Airstream!!
abivens
abivens
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:22 am

wow.. what an idea! I would have to go with the "Dad" trip too. My Dad, me and my son.. anywhere.

My Dad loved fishing and was on a lake or stream pretty much every weekend. He never camped, that I can recall.. but we did sometimes, when I was a kid, ..spend a night next to a lake or farm pond. Those outtings usually ended up with me asleep in the back seat of the car and dad fishing til the wee hours of the morning.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  merrykalia Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:08 pm

OK, fantasy trip......the 4 of us, plus Mom and Dad in a NEW class A with bunks and a toad, plus 6-8 months to travel across southern US, Arkansas, OK, TX, AZ NM, then up through CA, OR and WA; then on up to AK for the summer, then back down and across the northern states, WYO, Montana, ND, SD and then back on home.

Also, with enough $ to be able to do it right. Got to have $, cause my Mom and Dad will probably poop out on us somewhere along the way and have to fly back home.

IF I ever win the lottery, that will be our immediate plan to "get out of Dodge" and let the dust settle, then we will do a 3-4 month long cruise to "see the world". They do an entire trip around the globe that is 8 months, but I don't know that I could stay on the water for that long. May have to try it, just to see.

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://community.webshots.com/user/merrykalia?vhost=community

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:16 am

Richard and Chuck, you are so fortunate to have memories of such wonderful experiences. I hope that my kids have a few when they are older.

I am with Donna on the Class A. We would take off and head to Williamsburg, VA since we have never been. Then, head towards my family in St. Louis for a few days. Then off to Kansas to spend some time with Craig's family. Then, not sure of the actual route but want to hit Colorado, South Dakota because my brother lives there, spend some time at Yellowstone. We were there back in 2003 and I want to go back. Also want to explore Washington State a bit and then up into Canada. I have always wanted to explore British Columbia. Also went to spend time in the Tetons. Also want to spend time in the Sedona area again. I would love to have the funds to take a year off and just go wherever we decide we want to go in a motorhome. Oh, have to add Alaska to the list as well.

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcamper Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:18 am

I would camp with my Dad in the mountains far away from any stores, so we would have to fish and hunt for food. I would have a 32 ft pull so I could do all the driving for about a month. We would go cave hiking and even sleep in one or two. Of course we would have everything we would need to eat like we always did, but it would be just me and my Dad.

Since we camped on the ground as we were growing up, under caves or rock cliffs, a camper might be a lot to take in. We would go swimming, fishing, and riding in the boat on Norris lake every weekend. Mom would per-cook chicken and all the fixing for the TEN of us. Great times....
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JasonBilly Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:14 am

My last vacation to Blue Dream and had a superb occasion. It is efficient, perfect and has every one of the places of working a camping interests.

JasonBilly

http://www.bethycreek.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  IdealPeter Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:26 pm

"OK, fantasy trip......the 4 of us, plus Mom and Dad in a NEW class A with bunks and a toad, plus 6-8 months to travel across southern US, Arkansas, OK, TX, AZ NM, then up through CA, OR and WA; then on up to AK for the summer, then back down and across the northern states, WYO, Montana, ND, SD and then back on home."

That's actually a well-rounded trip.

IdealPeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down