Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eating Out

+5
merrykalia
Priscilla
SouthWestyKim
coolbreeze1
Richard
9 posters

Go down

Eating Out Empty Eating Out

Post  Richard Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:34 pm

Now and then, we like to just go to a local resturant when we are camping. We often wind up at Cracker Barrel, Subway, McDonalds, or some other national chain resturant because we don't know where the good (and kid-friendly for us) local places are.

What's good where you live, and where you camp? And what do you get? And where is the resturant?

Please include the town and name of the resturant at the start of your dining tip. Thanks.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Eating Out Empty Re: Eating Out

Post  coolbreeze1 Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:59 pm

Richard you hit my top three choices Very Happy
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:01 pm

If your looking for breakfast, then try the RED ROOSTER in Pigeon Forge.
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthWestyKim Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:15 pm

cove lake state park...rickard ridge barbque.right outside the gate..yum yum..their stuffed potato is huge, and out of this world good.

Kim Cool
SouthWestyKim
SouthWestyKim

Back to top Go down

Post  Priscilla Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:12 pm

Rickard Ridge Barbque at Cove Lake has some of the best food I have had. Anything You want to try is good. If you really want a treat, and if you are really hungry, Crazy Cow Burger. My little wife has it every other time we go there. They are GREAT.
Priscilla
Priscilla
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  merrykalia Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:17 pm

I know you mentioned chains, but one of my absolute favorite places is Carrabba's in Johnson City!! My all-time fav is "Mo's Seafood" in Baltimore!!! The Crab Imperial Stuffed Lobster is just fabulous, fantastic, mouth-watering, etc., etc., etc.

Over here in the highlands of VA, The Tavern on Main is superb, but expensive. We can only eat there a couple times a year and NOT with kids!!

Allison's Restaurant in Abingdon is very, very good.

The Snack Shack, about 1/2 mile from my house has some of the best burgers and dogs that you can buy.

Dang, I'm gonna have to go fix me something to eat.....all this talk of food is killing me.

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://community.webshots.com/user/merrykalia?vhost=community

Back to top Go down

Post  KralCamper Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:59 pm

SouthWestyKim wrote:cove lake state park...rickard ridge barbque.right outside the gate..yum yum..their stuffed potato is huge, and out of this world good.

Kim Cool

Rickard ridge at cove Lake is a great place... Had their Rubbed Up grilled chicken last time and it was phenomenal. SouthWestyKim, Priscilla, you are right, anything I've had on their menu has been delicious...especially the ribs!
KralCamper
KralCamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:24 pm

KralCamper wrote:
SouthWestyKim wrote:cove lake state park...rickard ridge barbque.right outside the gate..yum yum..their stuffed potato is huge, and out of this world good.

Kim Cool

Rickard ridge at cove Lake is a great place... Had their Rubbed Up grilled chicken last time and it was phenomenal. SouthWestyKim, Priscilla, you are right, anything I've had on their menu has been delicious...especially the ribs!

Sounds like another trip toward Cove lake is in order. Sounds yummy.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:54 am

I have camped at COVE LAKE many times... but never tried the BBQ restaurant. I drove up to Cove Lake yesterday.. just fooling around.. and decided to take home some dinner from RICKARD'S RIDGE BBQ. I got kind of a sampler platter.. with enough food for 2 people. We had pulled pork, 1/2 rack of ribs, chicken, potato salad, cole slaw, baked beans, sweet potato fries and rolls.

It was delicious.. I am for sure gonna eat there again. Probably soon! I loved the meat and chicken.. but the potato salad was very good too. Potato salad can be really good.. or really bad. To me.. their's was great. Almost as good as Darlene's (almost.. not quite).
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:06 pm

I'm really regretting not going over to the BBQ place while we were at Cove Lake. You guys tried to tell me, but I was thick-headed.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:10 pm

I had meant to go to the bbq place while we were there. Maybe sometime in the future.
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KralCamper Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:35 pm

Alan,

How about some dining direction from the Chattanooga area??? I'm sure there are several great local places down there.
KralCamper
KralCamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Life is Good Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:19 am

Uncle Gus BBQ in Ten Mile Tn. About a 1/4 mile off Hwy 68 What I like best about this place is they give you more than enough food you dont leave there still hungry or wishing you had more. This place is close to Hornsby Hollow Campground.

Life is Good
Life is Good

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:22 am

Life is Good wrote:Uncle Gus BBQ in Ten Mile Tn. About a 1/4 mile off Hwy 68 What I like best about this place is they give you more than enough food you dont leave there still hungry or wishing you had more. This place is close to Hornsby Hollow Campground.

I have driven through HORNSBY HOLLOW.. but never camped there. It looks real nice. A friend of mine (at work) camps at HORNSBY HOLLOW at least once a year.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  afob3 Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:53 pm

If you are ever out between Cosby and Newport you have to hit Carvers. It's an apple orchard / farm store / family diner with very good home cooked food.

Its always on our list when we stay at the Gatlinburg Jellystone.

If you are ever down here in Maryville, hit up Hot Rods diner on Cusick adjacent to the county library. 50's themed burgers etc with huge portions.

afob3

http://www.familyobrien.net

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:58 pm

afob3 wrote:If you are ever out between Cosby and Newport you have to hit Carvers. It's an apple orchard / farm store / family diner with very good home cooked food.

Its always on our list when we stay at the Gatlinburg Jellystone.

If you are ever down here in Maryville, hit up Hot Rods diner on Cusick adjacent to the county library. 50's themed burgers etc with huge portions.
Yes, Carvers is good. They give you a sample of their apple cider & apple butter, when eating there.
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum