Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dish Network - pay as you go

2 posters

Go down

Dish Network - pay as you go Empty Dish Network - pay as you go

Post  Guest Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:18 pm

Do any of you have, or know anyone that has Dish Network "Tailgater" pay as you go service? If so, then I have some questions. If not, well... then... never mind.

Back to top Go down

Dish Network - pay as you go Empty Re: Dish Network - pay as you go

Post  merrykalia Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:34 pm

We have Directv and we have an extra dish that we take along with us in our 5er. When we get ready to head out, we grab the receiver that is the girls' playroom and we are on our way. It costs nothing extra and has worked everywhere we have enough sky to point the dish. I also have the app, SatelliteAR on my phone to help point the dish.

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://community.webshots.com/user/merrykalia?vhost=community

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:03 pm

I have DISH net at home.. and have thought about that service.. Let us know what you find out.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:23 pm

We have decided to go with Dish Network at home. We are purchasing a "Tailgater" for the camper so all we have to do is take one of the receivers from the house with us camping. Easy enough... We've had Charter TV, phone, and internet for several years. We are keeping the internet cause I think cable internet is far superior to DSL or satellite.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:07 pm

We've officially pulled the plug on Charter (kept internet) and went with Dish Network. Had to do the 2yr commitment thing but that's pretty common nowadays I think. Got the first year pretty cheap and when the second year kicks in we'll still be under what we were paying for the charter bundle (cable, phone and internet), plus we have the Tailgater to take camping with us. We took it to Warriors Path last weekend and stayed in the upper circle with all the trees. We were still able to get it to acquire one satellite which gave us several, but not all, of our subscribed channels, Which is WAY YONDER better than the 2 or 3 odd channels we can get with the Jack antenna.
Chuck, Do you like the DishNet service? Any complaints?

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:04 pm

I like DISH.. But have had to threaten to cancel and negotiate, every year or so, to keep a decent deal. We have the 250 channel package with Starz, Cinemax and some other movie channel. I have a hopper dvr and 3 joeys. I think its around $75 a month. The free movie channels will end next month.. I will not renew them.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:06 pm

How does the tailgater thing work? You have a portable dish and extra receiver?

chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:04 pm

The tailgater is a portable dish. All you have to do is point it south or a little southwest, hook the cable to it and power on the receiver and it acquires the satellites automatically. We just have 3 TV's in the house and use the DuoDVR ViP 722k on two of them and the Solo HD Receiver (ViP 211z) on the other. We take the 211z out of the house and take it camping with us.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum