Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

camping stoves and lanterns

3 posters

Go down

camping stoves and lanterns Empty camping stoves and lanterns

Post  SouthWestyKim Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:32 pm

This winter I was looking for something to tinker with inside and decided to try and get some old lanterns working Carolyn and I had found in the barn and also a army stove and lantern from her late fathers belongings she brought back from Texas. First off was a Coleman fiesta 1981 M-1950 stove. I read up on the history of the stove and lanterns and joined a forum or two on how to repair them, ordered parts and proceeded to "fettle" (a word used to fix a stove). After hoping I did'nt blow myself up here are the results: First the 1950 stove : camping stoves and lanterns 2007_0101M-19500013

Next was a Coleman 252A miltary coleman gas lantern, a Coleman 237 kerosene lantern, and a Coleman 220F gas lantern. camping stoves and lanterns A8470310-33f5-4b8a-bb24-015855daebe4

I look forward to taking them camping along with my 5 dollar church sale Coleman stove I bought in working condition . Its a 425 model made in 1953 (the year i was born) camping stoves and lanterns 2007_0301shed0003
SouthWestyKim
SouthWestyKim

Back to top Go down

camping stoves and lanterns Empty Re: camping stoves and lanterns

Post  merrykalia Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:37 pm

Great work, Kim. You are handy to have around. I need to see what all I need to have fixed and bring them to you.

Butch is handy, but getting him to work on stuff here at the house is almost impossible.

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://community.webshots.com/user/merrykalia?vhost=community

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcamper Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:48 pm

Kim, we have two of the same Coleman lanterns in your picture, it would be great to get them working. They are very old lanterns we have looked up on Coleman site and went to the store to get parts but never got them to work. We still have them both. HINT Very Happy

The lanterns looks great and the stove is cool. Is the tank on the front for gas?
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthWestyKim Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:33 pm

You mean the stove tank? yes thats for coleman fuel, it has a pump just like a lantern. So what parts did you purchase to repair your lanterns? A new generator? Are your lanterns 220F? What happened when you tried to light it? Does the tank seem to have pressure when you pump it up and hold pressure? A picture of your lanterns would help. Most repairs are easy and I can talk you thru them.
Here is a website that helped me fix mine : http://www.colemancollectorsforum.com/
Kim
SouthWestyKim
SouthWestyKim

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthWestyKim Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:00 pm

This is when you KNOW you have a problem  Laughing 

camping stoves and lanterns Omg
SouthWestyKim
SouthWestyKim

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcamper Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:52 pm

SouthWestyKim wrote:You mean the stove tank? yes thats for coleman fuel, it has a pump just like a lantern. So what parts did you purchase to repair your lanterns? A new generator? Are your lanterns 220F? What happened when you tried to light it? Does the tank seem to have pressure when you pump it up and hold pressure? A picture of your lanterns would help. Most repairs are easy and I can talk you thru them.
Here is a website that helped me fix mine : http://www.colemancollectorsforum.com/
Kim

Thanks for the link Kim. We will check it out.
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down