Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would it take?

+3
chuck
merrykalia
Richard
7 posters

Go down

What would it take? Empty What would it take?

Post  Richard Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:23 pm

What would it take to get you to buy a different camper?
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

What would it take? Empty Re: What would it take?

Post  merrykalia Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:00 pm

A big raise!!!! Or winning the lottery. I like what I got but have been looking at 5ers.

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://community.webshots.com/user/merrykalia?vhost=community

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:09 pm

It would take me having more money than I knew what to do with. I have learned some lessons about camping and campers the last few years. I am very happy with the camper I have.. and I am in it ($$ wise) right. Sure I would like to have something bigger and with more bells and whistles (and a slide out).. but the things I like most about camping.. friends, campfire conversation.. and a few cold beers.. are the same, no matter what kind of camper I have.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  afob3 Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:45 pm

merrykalia wrote:A big raise!!!! Or winning the lottery. I like what I got but have been looking at 5ers.

That Ecoboost will get you thinking about 5ers Twisted Evil

I'm fine with what we have. Just wish we didn't have to do the expensive upgrade dance to get there.

afob3

http://www.familyobrien.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:34 pm

I'm holding out for Dave and Darlene's Hybrid. So far I've done well in the world of second hand from club members. I really like the way the Kral Family maintain's their stuff. Even if they put their name on it, I can add a C at the end and pretend it's just my name backwards!
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcamper Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:20 pm

Richard wrote:I'm holding out for Dave and Darlene's Hybrid. So far I've done well in the world of second hand from club members. I really like the way the Kral Family maintain's their stuff. Even if they put their name on it, I can add a C at the end and pretend it's just my name backwards!

I just got it C with Kral at the end to cute. When we do upgrade its here when the time comes my friend.

When thinking about a different camper, I would like one with a bedroom. Maybe after next year we should think about looking, but it want take much (I'm ready). Why I ask, because when we sell this one, that cash will go to another one as long as the remaining amount is saved up. When you think about buying again think about what you want to spend and start saving a little at a time, this goes for just about anything you purchase. You will know when the time is right. We do love this camper and we do enjoy the camping feel when we pull it out of the driveway..Happy camping
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  craigw Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:27 pm

For Jennifer and I it would take finding an RV we like more than ours with what we have in ours. We have gone to several shows over the years and have found we may find one we like better than ours but at 60k plus I would hope it would be preferable. So with all that said we keep or 5ver . I know a day will come when we trade but for now I am just getting ours where we like it. Now it we can just get it out here in Colorado. For those that don't know my truck was stolen in Knoxville this past Jan 2012. Nothing was found.
craigw
craigw
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthWestyKim Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:54 pm

Definately a separate bedroom, larger bathroom with sink and shower...we found one we might go look at this weekend, used at a good price. Its the model we've been eyeing for a couple of years only could'nt afford it new. Most likely cant afford it now but never hurts to look Wink
SouthWestyKim
SouthWestyKim

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthWestyKim Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:40 am

Well we looked and really liked what we saw....asking price was fair retail too unfortuately we would have to sell ours first and its winter so thats pretty much a no go....I dont think trading it in would be cost efficient but according to the nada book ours is valued more (high retail value) that what we paid for it OTD ....prices have gone way up....Im not sure exactly what to look for in a used travel trailer besides the obvious..going from a small 14ft to a 25ft theres alot to consider..has anyone had any experience buying used besides Chucks fantastic deal??
SouthWestyKim
SouthWestyKim

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:54 pm

SouthWestyKim wrote:Well we looked and really liked what we saw....asking price was fair retail too unfortuately we would have to sell ours first and its winter so thats pretty much a no go....I dont think trading it in would be cost efficient but according to the nada book ours is valued more (high retail value) that what we paid for it OTD ....prices have gone way up....Im not sure exactly what to look for in a used travel trailer besides the obvious..going from a small 14ft to a 25ft theres alot to consider..has anyone had any experience buying used besides Chucks fantastic deal??

one thing I did.. and I am glad I did. I looked at my camper, on the dealers lot.. right after two or three days of hard rain. I used a flashlight and looked up under every cabinet.. all around the inside where roof and wall joined together. I am really concerned about leaks. Mine was just a couple years old.. but I still checked for leaks. I think every camper will have a leak sometime.. hopefully its several years down the road. I would still have bought this camper (even with a roof leak).. but I would have made sure the dealer paid for the repair.. not me.
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum