Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site 36 Townsend KOA

3 posters

Go down

Site 36 Townsend KOA Empty Site 36 Townsend KOA

Post  afob3 Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:35 pm

Just got back from a great weekend in Townsend. Perfect weather, open pool, & only half occupied. We booked at the last minute & took advantage of thier buy one night get the second 1/2 off deal.

Site 36 Townsend KOA Site36

Site 36 Townsend KOA Hotstuff

Site 36 Townsend KOA Bigmouth

Site 36 Townsend KOA Campfire

afob3

http://www.familyobrien.net

Back to top Go down

Site 36 Townsend KOA Empty Re: Site 36 Townsend KOA

Post  merrykalia Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:23 pm

That's why I like to camp at this time of the year!! Love the evenings that are COOL, days that are warm and the campgrounds aren't usually too busy.

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://community.webshots.com/user/merrykalia?vhost=community

Back to top Go down

Post  KralCamper Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:08 pm

This KOA looks like a nice place to camp. We passed by it when we were at Misty River a few weeks ago, but never drove through. Cute kids and nice campfire. Looks like you guys had a great time!
KralCamper
KralCamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  afob3 Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:13 pm

This is our favorite campground on the Townsend side. It can be just as crammed as any of them but it is always clean and shady. They have at least one pair of really good work-campers working for them through the season. Al helped us into the site & swung by to chat at dinner time. They're a nice couple from Chattanooga that will be there for a few months then they are hoping for an assignment in Myrtle Beach.

We also met an incredible retired couple from Indiana (I think) that are 'doing whatever it takes' to enjoy traveling & camping. The wife has MS that is worsening to the point that she needs to be in a power chair all the time. They have outfitted thier older silverado with all kinds of power equipment to make it easier to get in an out. The passenger seat swiveled and lowered out the doorway to transition easily to the power chair. Even the hard fiberglass camper top had motors that lifted it up along the bed rail to get the chair in and out. It hinged on the other side bed rail and sorta looked like something from transformers. They also had a 20 foot aluminum ramp set up to allow her to get in and out of the TT. We chatted when he came by with the dog and all I can say is WOW. I'm not sure if I could do all that to keep camping.

Now only if I didn't have to set my alarm clock for work tommorow. Rolling Eyes

afob3

http://www.familyobrien.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down