Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lucky me

Go down

lucky me       Empty lucky me

Post  jb_simerly Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:04 pm

Have been looking for a bicycle rack for months now. Stopped by a consignment store today and found what looked like a brand new 4 bike rack for $5. The only problem is it is made for a 4" receiver hitch but my camper dont have one. found the kind that bolts on the bumper for 30 bucks online but my bumper is not the tubular steel it is some flimsy metal that I would not feel safe bolting 4 bikes on thinking i could have some tubular steel on the camper and make my own bumper any other suggestions
jb_simerly
jb_simerly

Back to top Go down

lucky me       Empty re:

Post  jb_simerly Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:06 am

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Step-Hitch-Bumper-Mount-2-Receiver-5000-lb-Load-Capacity-Trailer-Truck-RV-/270952679993?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f1609ca39&vxp=mtr

something like this is what i was thinking of. taking some steel tubes or a i beam or something and welding it to the frame then this welded and bolted to the new what steel

by the way found a two bike rack like mine on ebay 4 almost 50 dollars plus shipping Very Happy
jb_simerly
jb_simerly

Back to top Go down