This place is QUIET!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This place is QUIET!!!

Post  merrykalia on Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:52 pm

Is anyone still camping for the season or have we all packed it in for the year?

afob is the only one that has put any pics or anything on for a while. His Halloween camping pics were great, but what about everybody else.

Since our truck is dead, we don't have any way to move our TT, so we are stuck at the house.

I have my social security disability hearing on November 2 (would welcome prayers in that area), so until that is done and we get a little more $$$ coming in, I think our season is at an end.

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

View user profile http://community.webshots.com/user/merrykalia?vhost=community

Back to top Go down

Re: This place is QUIET!!!

Post  coolbreeze1 on Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:25 pm

Well, I have planned on camping after Thanksgiving at Pine Mtn. Kinda like the end of the season, but my plans are not definite.
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard on Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:08 pm

I'm doing a night here and there in Camp Driveway. We drove up to Grayson Highlands (Near Damascus VA) last Saturday. What a great campground. It was too cool and breezy to hike up to where the wild ponies wer grazing. The colors were beautiful. I'm definately gong back up there in the summer. I want to bike the Virginia Creeper trail, check out the Mount Rogers Nat'l Rec. Area (Next to Grayson Highlands) and see those ponies.

Tomorrow (Friday/Sat) we are taking our American Heritage Girls troop tent camping for one night. I had to go get my kids new sleeping bags. Found two good ones on sale for $20 each at K-mart. They are Swiss Gear Mummy bags rated to 0-degrees and have a 10 year warranty. I got in one, and it was a little smaller in the chest/arm area than I'm comfortable with. I'll stick with my "big and tall" rectangle bag. It's gonna be cold Friday night. (They wouldn't let me bring Miss Danger even though I'll be in my own tent by myself.) We have about 20 or so girls going. We are zip lining and rock climbing.
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

View user profile http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  merrykalia on Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:17 pm

coolbreeze1 wrote:Well, I have planned on camping after Thanksgiving at Pine Mtn. Kinda like the end of the season, but my plans are not definite.

If hearing goes well, a truck is quickly into our future, so we may be able to go to Pine Mtn for Thanksgiving. If not, we will definitely do a weekend there before Christmas so we can see all the lights and do Dollywood since we have passes.

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 on Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:43 pm

merrykalia wrote:
coolbreeze1 wrote:Well, I have planned on camping after Thanksgiving at Pine Mtn. Kinda like the end of the season, but my plans are not definite.

If hearing goes well, a truck is quickly into our future, so we may be able to go to Pine Mtn for Thanksgiving. If not, we will definitely do a weekend there before Christmas so we can see all the lights and do Dollywood since we have passes.
Sure hope things go well.
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  afob3 on Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:44 pm

One more trip the first weekend of November for us. Still playing with the idea of camping for Thanksgiving but the freezing temps are making me nervous.

I winterized last year in the dark because I had put it off until just before a deep freeze. NOT fun messing around in the dark on a breezy cold evening with wet hands.

afob3

View user profile http://www.familyobrien.net

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 on Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:06 pm

afob3 wrote:One more trip the first weekend of November for us. Still playing with the idea of camping for Thanksgiving but the freezing temps are making me nervous.

I winterized last year in the dark because I had put it off until just before a deep freeze. NOT fun messing around in the dark on a breezy cold evening with wet hands.
Come on and join us at Pine Mtn. They have a indoor pool, just love to say I went swimming after Thanksgiving. Winterizing doesn't take me more than 1hr to do.
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck on Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:22 pm

these last few weekends have made me wish I had a camper.. I love the crisp, cool mornings in the campground!

chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

View user profile http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 on Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:31 pm

chuck wrote:these last few weekends have made me wish I had a camper.. I love the crisp, cool mornings in the campground!
Hey, you could always rent one for the weekend. Smile
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  merrykalia on Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:41 am

Chuck, if we go to Pine Mtn, they do have cabins for rent - maybe the wife would agree to stay in one of the cabins and you could hang with us.

afob - we usually winterize when we are packing up at Pine Mtn, so it's all done when we get home on Sunday afternoon. Park it and take in our clothes and whatever else we have in there that HAS to come in and we are done for the season.

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  TEllis on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:58 pm

Just got back from Cherokee NC ( Indian Creek Campground ) Small but very nice, clean and very friendly. Nights were alittl on the cool side and made you want to stay around the fire. With the creek right behind you , it made for a great nights sleep. We did some fishing and sight seeing. Saw lots of turkey and elk. Came back with a nice lot of trout as well. I am done for the year as hunting season has came in.

TEllis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard on Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:04 pm

I'm for another winter trip to Pine Mountain. Let's pick a date to shoot for. We also want to use those Dollywood passes at least one more time. I probably won't hook my water back up till spring. I've got everything dry and don't want to fool with that again. I'll use jugs of water and refill them if needed. My drain just goes out through the wall to a bucket, so no worries there.

Tim, the zipline at dollywood costs a lot of money. The zipline at the camp I went to was part of the package we bought.

Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard on Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:05 pm

Speaking of winterizing, check your tires. Mine looked OK, but were down by 15 PSI from where they should have been.
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  merrykalia on Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:48 pm

Let me get through next Wednesday and I will let you know about a date.

We could do Thanksgiving week, but we have about decided to take the kids to DC for a sight seeing trip. We can get a room in Arlington, (Friends and Family rate on my niece, who works for Holiday Inn) a block from the metro for $59/night (vs. $96)with a fridge and microwave in the room. Pretty much all the sight seeing is free, so just out food and gas. (That's almost cheaper than Pine Mountain!!)

Elora has been studying about the capital and some of the monuments, so we figured this would be a good time to take her.

Until Wed., everything is up in the air. Afterwards, I may be able to make some decisions.

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard on Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:11 pm

DC sounds like a good trip. I'm going to Inianapolis area in December and I may take my kids up there with me, my wife too, since I won't be camping.
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:23 am

How about the weekend before Thanksgiving or the first weekend in Dec.
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crawford on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:41 pm

We are just about loaded up for Jellystone campground for Halloween grand kids will be there, been doing it a few years and they are growing fast Very Happy Surprised
Crawford

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  YellowXterra on Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:29 am

New member here. Smile We are going to pensacola thanksgiving and then to Pigeon Forge New Years Eve. We try to camp year round even after winterizing the camper.
YellowXterra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard on Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:18 pm

I'm with you, exterra. That's why I got one with a furnace!!
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  YellowXterra on Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:25 pm

Gonna be at Bear Cove RV Park new years eve. Plan on going over to the Fireworks in Gatlinburg.
YellowXterra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ocb_dave_ocb on Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:42 am

Well were done camping for the season. Our motorhome is already winterized and in storage. Which is ok anyway because I am working 6 days a week right niece anyway I am only off on thursdays at least until the end of march. Then I get back off in my weekends. We are, however, going to go to dollywood at least one more time before our passes expire probably go dec 1st to see the christmas stuff.

We will be bringing the rv home the first weekend of april. Probably take her to cove lake for her maiden voyage. Then will be out to Cosby for the volunteer meet, if its happening this year. Then were heading to pirateland in myrtle beach may 17-20. Then to disney fort wilderness july 22-29. It is untelling where all will go in between.

ocb_dave_ocb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top