Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fire starters

3 posters

Go down

Fire starters Empty Fire starters

Post  coolbreeze1 Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:17 pm

I know that many of you have made these fire starters. This is lint from the dryer, you pack it into a empty toilet paper roll. I made a few of these just to try it out, and they worked great! I did do a little something different, when I started to use them I put some charcoal lighter fluid on one end of the starters. Like I said, they worked great! Shocked
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Fire starters Empty Re: Fire starters

Post  TEllis Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:56 pm

I have tried that as well and it does work well. The firewood at HMSP was great in size and number for the price but dang was it hard to get started. Everyone was having a time with it.

TEllis

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:13 am

I don't have that much laundry too do, so it takes me awhile to collect the lint. I do know the guy who works at the local laundry mat, he might say me the lint from their dryers. Shocked Shocked Shocked
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:15 pm

Tim, did you pour parafin Wax on them? I'm planning on making some with dryer lint and parafin in old paper egg cartons.

I also plan to try an easy one that someone told be about recently, Just take a cotton ball and put some petroleum jelly on it. put it in a zip-lock to keep things from getting messy.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:29 pm

Richard wrote:Tim, did you pour parafin Wax on them? I'm planning on making some with dryer lint and parafin in old paper egg cartons.

I also plan to try an easy one that someone told be about recently, Just take a cotton ball and put some petroleum jelly on it. put it in a zip-lock to keep things from getting messy.
Didn't have any wax, just packed the roll tight. I added some charcoal lighter fluid to it just on one end before I light it. I had a good fire going in no time. Shocked Shocked Shocked
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down