Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why I group camp...

+3
coolbreeze1
abivens
tenndon
7 posters

Go down

Why I group camp... Empty Why I group camp...

Post  tenndon Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:10 pm

I group camp because of Volunteer Campers!! In other words, I group camp because of this group. Our enjoyment of camping has increased so much since finding this group!

We have met a bunch of wonderful people. People that we truly consider our friends. People who are accepting of others, tolerant of differences, and in love with laughing (and eating!!) Some drink adult beverages, others would never touch them. Some smoke, some are reformed smokers, some never have never will. Some let some language slip, some would wash their own mouths out with soap if they did slip.
What I am trying to say is that this group is my kind of people!! They don't judge, they don't discriminate. They just wanna have fun!!

To all the members of Volunteer Campers you are the reason we group camp!! We look forward to many more group outings and many more more laughs and meals together!!

Thanks for making camping fun for us!!!

Don & Lisa and the younger Tim
tenndon
tenndon

Back to top Go down

Why I group camp... Empty Re: Why I group camp...

Post  abivens Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:27 pm

I agree with Tenndon. I truly wish we could have made it. Here is what happened to us: we set out Thursday at about noon north on I-75. We pull off the sweetwater exit because we notice a bad, burning type odor in the truck. I climb under the truck and do not see anything wrong. I chalk it up to some gear dope leaking out of the differential and getting hot, thus making that smell. We travel on. Eight miles later the truck starts making a loud high-pitched whining sound from the differential. We are able to pull off at the BP station in Philadelphia, TN. I'm not sure this place is even on a map. My first concern is for my two small girls and wife. Now this is the part of the story that is really important. I immediently call one of my camping buddies (not a member of Volunteers, yet), he drops everything he is doing, goes and gets his van, drives the 60 or so miles and picks up my little ones, wife, and all our luggage. That is a huge concern lifted off of me. I drop the camper there, ride in with the towtruck to the mechanic. To make a long story short, they find a partially disintigrated pinion bearing and race, there is also major damage to the chunk. I then recieve another call from a friend who heard of my predicament (also a camping buddy, he has a 5'er like Cools), he left work and is headed to pick me up with his truck to go and get my camper. As soon as I get home, our neighbors down the street (who camped with us at Harrison Bay last week) offer to give us their truck to finish our trip with. Some of our other friends who are camping that weekend in another CG, call and insist we come up there and stay with them. My point is all the people who came to our "rescue" are good camping buddies. I even had people calling me to appologize because they had heard about our situation too late and were unable to help. Coolbreeze called me several times to see how things were going. After we make this repair or possibly purchase a new truck, our pocketbook may be empty, but Diane and I feel like the wealthiest people in TN. That is why we like camping with friends.
abivens
abivens
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:40 pm

Alan, it is great to have good friends. When you first called me, I thought that you were closer to the cg. I was going to drop my trailer and call you back, to tell you that I would come pick you up and bring you onto the cg. When I called, I found out that you were father away.

Well since you canceled they let me move into your site. I had been in a site two rows over.
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KralCamper Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:59 pm

I am so glad that everyone is safe and that things worked out as well as they did. Yes, it is a very good thing when people will go out of their way to help someone out in a difficult situation.

I hope you and the family will be back camping again very soon.
KralCamper
KralCamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Crawford Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:35 pm

WOW tenndon said a mouth full and can agree 150% can't wait for the next venture meet truly a great bunch of people here Happy Camping Karen and Crawford Overton. Very Happy Smile
Crawford
Crawford

Back to top Go down

Post  merrykalia Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:45 pm

Alan, we are about in the same position - we are looking for a new truck to pull our camper. Ours has about 130K on it and it's starting to nickel and dime us to death. We figured up that we had put about $2500 in it this past year, so a new one or a new-to-us one is called for.

If anyone knows of a Silverado 2500 HD, Ford F250, Ram 2500 CREW CAB truck that is in good shape, low miles and CHEAP Laughing , let me know. I'm willing to drive or fly to get it. 2005 or newer.

merrykalia
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://community.webshots.com/user/merrykalia?vhost=community

Back to top Go down

Post  coolbreeze1 Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:34 pm

merrykalia wrote:Alan, we are about in the same position - we are looking for a new truck to pull our camper. Ours has about 130K on it and it's starting to nickel and dime us to death. We figured up that we had put about $2500 in it this past year, so a new one or a new-to-us one is called for.

If anyone knows of a Silverado 2500 HD, Ford F250, Ram 2500 CREW CAB truck that is in good shape, low miles and CHEAP Laughing , let me know. I'm willing to drive or fly to get it. 2005 or newer.
Do you prefer gas or diesel? What do you consider cheap? I'll keep an eye out for one.
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcamper Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:32 pm

It's great to have camper folks like these to camp with. I am with you on that Don..GREAT CAMPING, my friends
Darcamper
Darcamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down