Have you ever leaked?

Go down

Have you ever leaked?

Post  Richard on Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:16 pm

Do they all leak at some point, or just mine and Alan's and the kral's and Coolbreeze's campers?
avatar
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Posts : 1898
Join date : 2009-10-14
Location : Johnson City, TN

View user profile http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you ever leaked?

Post  coolbreeze1 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:53 pm

Richard wrote:Do they all leak at some point, or just mine and Alan's and the kral's and Coolbreeze's campers?
When I first read the heading of this post, I thought we were talking bathroom habits. LOL Yes mine had a leak in the rear window.

Coolbreeze1 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
avatar
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Posts : 1605
Join date : 2009-09-29
Location : White Pine, TN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you ever leaked?

Post  Gregg on Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:43 am

no leaks at all

Gregg
Charter Member
Charter Member

Posts : 71
Join date : 2009-10-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you ever leaked?

Post  chuck on Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:08 am

I have only had my camper for one season.. but I have been set up.. and/or towing in some heavy downpours. So far no leaks. I try and check in the cabinets, etc fairly often. It's a 2006.. and I haven't seen any sign of prior leaks either. (keeping my fingers crossed)

_________________
Nights camped in 2016: 9
CLICK HERE: www.eatsleepcamp.com to see my camping pictures.
2014 Forest River ROCKWOOD A-122s, 2013 FORD F150 STX
avatar
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Posts : 1631
Join date : 2009-09-29
Location : Clinton, Tennessee

View user profile http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you ever leaked?

Post  KralCamper on Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:30 pm

From what Dar and I have read, Hybrid TT's are/or have been notorious for leaks. Primarily in the front bunk, mostly while towing through a rain when traveling. We have added some extra seal material around the front bunk, and it seems to be okay now. We will be keeping an eye or two on it this year.

I have noticed that in the later models (last few years), there have been some major changes to the bunk ends. These include better ways of locking the bunks shut, and better seal materials. I have also seen curved corners with better guttering as well as different ways of using the seals. All of this tells me that the manufacturers know this is a problem and continue to work on the issues.

I still love our HTT for the roominess inside not taken up by the bunks. Feels like it is much larger than it actually is.

imho

_________________
- Dave -
________________________

Time to go Camping!
Nights camped in 2013 - Hoping for a lot!
Nights camped in 2012 - 5
Nights camped in 2011 - 33
Nights camped in 2010 - 34
Having adventures and making memories
avatar
KralCamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Posts : 371
Join date : 2009-10-01
Location : Knoxville Tn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you ever leaked?

Post  Richard on Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:16 pm

KralCamper wrote:From what Dar and I have read, Hybrid TT's are/or have been notorious for leaks. Primarily in the front bunk, mostly while towing through a rain when traveling. We have added some extra seal material around the front bunk, and it seems to be okay now. We will be keeping an eye or two on it this year.

I have noticed that in the later models (last few years), there have been some major changes to the bunk ends. These include better ways of locking the bunks shut, and better seal materials. I have also seen curved corners with better guttering as well as different ways of using the seals. All of this tells me that the manufacturers know this is a problem and continue to work on the issues.

I still love our HTT for the roominess inside not taken up by the bunks. Feels like it is much larger than it actually is.

imho

Since I like the price of the ones that are 10 years old or more, I'll miss the new leakproofing innovations. I'm glad the new seal is holding on yours.
avatar
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

Posts : 1898
Join date : 2009-10-14
Location : Johnson City, TN

View user profile http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Have we ever leak

Post  Crawford on Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:42 pm

Having a stupid rubber roof I can say when have I haven't had a leak it's been 1 thing after another it seems when I think I have a handle on it there is another some place else saving my pennies going for a fiberglass replacement down the road. Crawford Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Crying or Very sad Mad
avatar
Crawford

Posts : 291
Join date : 2010-01-24
Location : Dandridge,TN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you ever leaked?

Post  abivens on Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:19 pm

Crawford wrote:Having a stupid rubber roof I can say when have I haven't had a leak it's been 1 thing after another it seems when I think I have a handle on it there is another some place else saving my pennies going for a fiberglass replacement down the road. Crawford Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Crying or Very sad Mad
Are you saying a rubber roof can be replaced with a fiberglass one, or are you saying you are getting a new camper?
avatar
abivens
Charter Member
Charter Member

Posts : 404
Join date : 2009-10-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Leaks

Post  Crawford on Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:16 pm

Yes take everything off roof peel off rubber roof and prep wood replace were needed apply Fiberglass there's a place on 139 who has a shop does boats and other things. I put in just about what anyone could want in my coach can't see buying another and starting it over again and think DW would get out the gun would do you think chance it ??? LOL bin married April 11 40 years If I did it never get there right. Crawford Very Happy Sad
avatar
Crawford

Posts : 291
Join date : 2010-01-24
Location : Dandridge,TN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you ever leaked?

Post  abivens on Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:08 am

That sounds good, I bet it is expensive. Any idea how much a fiberglass roof would cost? I am sure it is different for different size campers, I was just wondering about a ballpark figure
avatar
abivens
Charter Member
Charter Member

Posts : 404
Join date : 2009-10-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Leaks

Post  Crawford on Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:33 pm

I'll keep you updated on price with our quick trip coming up and a trip to Fla for a month Then I'll get down to business on prices and start saving. Crawford Very Happy Smile Cool
avatar
Crawford

Posts : 291
Join date : 2010-01-24
Location : Dandridge,TN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you ever leaked?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum