Volunteer Campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have you ever leaked?

+3
Gregg
coolbreeze1
Richard
7 posters

Go down

Have you ever leaked? Empty Have you ever leaked?

Post  Richard Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:16 pm

Do they all leak at some point, or just mine and Alan's and the kral's and Coolbreeze's campers?
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Have you ever leaked? Empty Re: Have you ever leaked?

Post  coolbreeze1 Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:53 pm

Richard wrote:Do they all leak at some point, or just mine and Alan's and the kral's and Coolbreeze's campers?
When I first read the heading of this post, I thought we were talking bathroom habits. LOL Yes mine had a leak in the rear window.

Coolbreeze1 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregg Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:43 am

no leaks at all

Gregg
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:08 am

I have only had my camper for one season.. but I have been set up.. and/or towing in some heavy downpours. So far no leaks. I try and check in the cabinets, etc fairly often. It's a 2006.. and I haven't seen any sign of prior leaks either. (keeping my fingers crossed)
chuck
chuck
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

http://www.eatsleepcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KralCamper Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:30 pm

From what Dar and I have read, Hybrid TT's are/or have been notorious for leaks. Primarily in the front bunk, mostly while towing through a rain when traveling. We have added some extra seal material around the front bunk, and it seems to be okay now. We will be keeping an eye or two on it this year.

I have noticed that in the later models (last few years), there have been some major changes to the bunk ends. These include better ways of locking the bunks shut, and better seal materials. I have also seen curved corners with better guttering as well as different ways of using the seals. All of this tells me that the manufacturers know this is a problem and continue to work on the issues.

I still love our HTT for the roominess inside not taken up by the bunks. Feels like it is much larger than it actually is.

imho
KralCamper
KralCamper
Charter Member - Admin
Charter Member - Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:16 pm

KralCamper wrote:From what Dar and I have read, Hybrid TT's are/or have been notorious for leaks. Primarily in the front bunk, mostly while towing through a rain when traveling. We have added some extra seal material around the front bunk, and it seems to be okay now. We will be keeping an eye or two on it this year.

I have noticed that in the later models (last few years), there have been some major changes to the bunk ends. These include better ways of locking the bunks shut, and better seal materials. I have also seen curved corners with better guttering as well as different ways of using the seals. All of this tells me that the manufacturers know this is a problem and continue to work on the issues.

I still love our HTT for the roominess inside not taken up by the bunks. Feels like it is much larger than it actually is.

imho

Since I like the price of the ones that are 10 years old or more, I'll miss the new leakproofing innovations. I'm glad the new seal is holding on yours.
Richard
Richard
Charter Member
Charter Member

http://www.classifieddevelopment.com

Back to top Go down

Have you ever leaked? Empty Have we ever leak

Post  Crawford Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:42 pm

Having a stupid rubber roof I can say when have I haven't had a leak it's been 1 thing after another it seems when I think I have a handle on it there is another some place else saving my pennies going for a fiberglass replacement down the road. Crawford Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Crying or Very sad Mad
Crawford
Crawford

Back to top Go down

Post  abivens Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:19 pm

Crawford wrote:Having a stupid rubber roof I can say when have I haven't had a leak it's been 1 thing after another it seems when I think I have a handle on it there is another some place else saving my pennies going for a fiberglass replacement down the road. Crawford Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Crying or Very sad Mad
Are you saying a rubber roof can be replaced with a fiberglass one, or are you saying you are getting a new camper?
abivens
abivens
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Have you ever leaked? Empty Leaks

Post  Crawford Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:16 pm

Yes take everything off roof peel off rubber roof and prep wood replace were needed apply Fiberglass there's a place on 139 who has a shop does boats and other things. I put in just about what anyone could want in my coach can't see buying another and starting it over again and think DW would get out the gun would do you think chance it ??? LOL bin married April 11 40 years If I did it never get there right. Crawford Very Happy Sad
Crawford
Crawford

Back to top Go down

Post  abivens Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:08 am

That sounds good, I bet it is expensive. Any idea how much a fiberglass roof would cost? I am sure it is different for different size campers, I was just wondering about a ballpark figure
abivens
abivens
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Have you ever leaked? Empty Leaks

Post  Crawford Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:33 pm

I'll keep you updated on price with our quick trip coming up and a trip to Fla for a month Then I'll get down to business on prices and start saving. Crawford Very Happy Smile Cool
Crawford
Crawford

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum